Disabling autolocks on 97 GC - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > Disabling autolocks on 97 GC

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRuffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO

Unread 06-01-2013, 03:53 PM   #1
mvcrews
1997 ZJ 

Disabling autolocks on 97 GC

The autolock function on my 97GC has gone nuts and goes off repeatedly as I drive regardless of speed or anything else. I had a water leak onto the fuse panel awhile back so I've had a bunch of electrical problems over the years. I can pull the fuse that controls the door electronics, but then I lose my power windows which I need since my AC doesn't work.

The manual says that only a dealer with a scan tool can disable the locks. I called the dealer and he said that they would charge me $140 and that he didn't know if he would be able to disable it or not since the vehicle is over 10 years old and apparently they don't know much about older models.

I read about some trick involving turning the key from off to on three times and then locking the car, but that doesn't seem to work.

Any other ideas?

mvcrews is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.