Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

DC's 99 WJ Build Thread

21K views 156 replies 33 participants last post by  97DCZJ 
#1 · (Edited)
Specs: Black 1999 Grand Cherokee Laredo
V8 4.7L
Quadratrac
Light Grey Leather Interior

I bought it with 145,000 needing a passenger taillight, driver seat, and a few small things here and there, for $3700.

There isn't anything done to her yet, but within the next few months, she'll be going through stages.

Future Plans:
WJ 6.5" Critical Path Long Arm Lift Kit (Front)
33x12.5x15 Kuhmo Road Venture MT's
15x8 with 3.75" BS Cragar's (Soft 8's or D Widows)
Front Bumper (still undecided)

I plan on removing the westin running bars asap, and the passenger side pinstripe.

This scuff is the worst part of the whole body, other than the tailight.

See less See more
#4 ·
haha yeahh I plan on it sometime soon

#7 ·
Its just as catchy as this account haha

#11 ·
lol I tried creating it the other night but I don't know how to delete an old account because I don't wanna use a different email address.

Can't wait to see if this one turns out as mean looking as the last one. I loved your ZJ. :thumbsup:
It'll be even better :thumbsup: and thanks!

Looks good!

Was that pinstripe painted on? What did you use to remove it?
The pinstripe was stick on, and I used my fingernail to remove it haha.
I'm going to remove the passenger side sometime this week.

#9 ·
Can't wait to see if this one turns out as mean looking as the last one. I loved your ZJ. :thumbsup:

#10 ·
Looks good!

Was that pinstripe painted on? What did you use to remove it?

#12 ·
its easy click on your name next to your pms where is says welcome, 96dczj upper right,then click my account tab, then click on "click here to edit your profile", then click on edit email,password, & user name, at the bottom you can change your user name :thumbsup: easy as pie lol confuse you yet?

#13 ·
Woo-Hoo! I got it. Thanks a lot!

#16 ·
Hahah :highfive:

#17 ·
Here's some pictures next to my old ZJ

and one last amazing picture of the ZJ

#18 ·
I'll miss it.... but look forward to the new build. So get on it! :thumbsup::thumbsup:
:laugh:

#21 ·
Haha I've got bills to worry about first, then I'll start saving up for everything

suscribed..
always wondered though, is that sharpie scribbled on for the frowny eyebrows? :laugh:
Haha nah it's VHT Night Shades

wanna donate those running bars? :)
Unless you pay me more than $150 and shipping, my friends getting them haha

#22 ·
Painted the cladding and bumpers black. Also installed the rainguards.
In a few days, I'm going to sand it all down with 1200 grit and do another layer to get rid of the orange peel look.

#27 ·
Thanks! :cheers2:

A small update, tinted tails and headlights, and got her registered. I'm buying a used FM40 from my friend that he had in his impala SS. I might be getting it installed this saturday, but not 100% sure yet.

Here's pics of the tails and heads. The headlights aren't tinted dark at all

And before anyone asks, the ZJ in the driveway is JFCIII, and the blazer in front of my WJ is my buddys SFA S10 Blazer on 35's. I'm sure everyone has seen the pictures of it already.

#30 ·
More of the marker/signals on the side and bottom to blend in with the paint

#31 ·
Teaser pic

#33 ·
Theyre already up on craigslist waiting for someone to buy them. haha

#35 · (Edited)
Nope..he has bills to pay =[

#41 ·
you need to tint your fronts to 20%

oh and you didnt tint your 3rd brake light. i just did mine and it came out niiiiiiceee

i think im gonna go back and do them darker.

as for the grill ilovethechrome
The fronts will be done when I have extra money. The 3rd brake light I havent sprayed just yet because I need to find a T20 torx lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.