Dash board lights flash during cold weather - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > Dash board lights flash during cold weather

Jeep Wrangler Wheel Bearing & Hub - FrontJeep Grand Cherokee Window RegulatorComponent speaker deal for your dash - NalinMFG

Unread 09-10-2013, 01:53 PM   #1
Jeep-Creep

Dash board lights flash during cold weather

Why, only during the colder months, does my speedo gauge/panel, my radio station display panel, and my two small AC button lights all flash on and off together? This only happens during the cold fall/winter months. Never during the summer months and has happen like clock work for the past three winters. I checked the fuses and all seem good. Any suggestions on what else to check?

Jeep-Creep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2013, 06:26 PM   #2
JeepNicholson
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeep-Creep View Post
Why, only during the colder months, does my speedo gauge/panel, my radio station display panel, and my two small AC button lights all flash on and off together? This only happens during the cold fall/winter months. Never during the summer months and has happen like clock work for the past three winters. I checked the fuses and all seem good. Any suggestions on what else to check?
Is this when your headlights are on?

If so, it kinda sounds like your headlight/dimmer switch needs resoldered. I'd guess that cold weather causes the cracked solder to shrink slightly which breaks the connection.

Edit-
Or maybe not, since your other thread says your cel is acting strange.
You should combine these into one single thread, they could be caused by the same thing.
JeepNicholson is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.