Creep wj on tons build - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > Creep wj on tons build

Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!Nitro Gear Packages Now Available at Rockridge 4wdEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 04-07-2013, 11:51 PM   #1
CRJEeP_wj
2002 WJ 

CRJEeP wj on tons build

Here's what I have for my build. I started with a semi built full size Chevy, then a friend and me built some 1tons for it and a bunch of other stuff. Then after we had some issues with the truck we decided we needed something 4 door and my wife wanted something comfy. So we got this.[URL=http://s1234.photobucket.com/user/Ez_pen/media/P8053925.jpg.html][/URL

image.jpg  
CRJEeP_wj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-07-2013, 11:57 PM   #2
CRJEeP_wj
2002 WJ 

It was really nice, we parked the truck and took it to a 4x4 only campsite right away, it's got leather and power, a v8 and 242hd. It drove great. So I decided to tear down the Chevy and build the wj up
image.jpg  
Unread 04-08-2013, 12:05 AM   #3
CRJEeP_wj
2002 WJ 

I took the pile of parts I wanted to reuse to a shop down the road from me and they put it under the jeep[URL=http://s1234.photobucket.com/user/Ez_pen/media/P8204045.jpg.html][/URL[URL=http://s1234.photobucket.com/user/Ez_pen/media/P8204057.jpg.html][/URL
image.jpg  
Unread 04-08-2013, 12:09 AM   #4
CRJEeP_wj
2002 WJ 

Then we got it home like this. So I got started doing everything else I wanted slowly in my driveway, I also drive it to work every day[URL=http://s1234.photobucket.com/user/Ez_pen/media/P9134127.jpg.html][/URL[URL=http://s1234.photobucket.com/user/Ez_pen/media/PB014285.jpg.html][/URL[URL=http://s1234.photobucket.com/user/Ez_pen/media/PB014283.jpg.html][/URL
image.jpg  
Unread 04-08-2013, 12:18 AM   #5
CRJEeP_wj
2002 WJ 

I hooked up hydro assist first by tapping the stock box and using a trail gear ram. Then raised the gas tank a bit. Put on a roof rack I had on my wk. hooked up on board air using dual viar compressors and a 5gal tank. I used a Dakota digital box off my transmission speed sensor to get my odo and speed working. Then I built my rear bumper.
image.jpg  
Unread 04-08-2013, 12:22 AM   #6
CRJEeP_wj
2002 WJ 

Here's the bumper finished. Next I built rock sliders and strengthened the frame.
image.jpg  
Unread 04-08-2013, 12:25 AM   #7
CRJEeP_wj
2002 WJ 

Welded them to my beefed up subframe with 1/4in plate and bolted them to the pinch seam.
image.jpg  
Unread 04-08-2013, 12:28 AM   #8
CRJEeP_wj
2002 WJ 

I had my helper do some painting, but he painted the door on accident, so I quickly cleaned it up.
image.jpg  
Unread 04-08-2013, 12:30 AM   #9
CRJEeP_wj
2002 WJ 

I took it out today for some testing.
image.jpg  
Unread 04-08-2013, 12:33 AM   #10
CRJEeP_wj
2002 WJ 

Played on rocks. Tuesday I'm going to pick up the steel to build my front bumper. So this is it for now.
image.jpg  
Unread 04-08-2013, 12:36 AM   #11
CRJEeP_wj
2002 WJ 

And here's my supporting family, they love our jeep. My son really has to pee but he's still smiling. And my wife's knocked up, so we have a little girl on the way.
image.jpg  
Unread 04-08-2013, 07:12 AM   #12
GCjunkie93
1984 CJ7 

Holy tits that thing is fawken huge!! (so are the pics btw) How much lift is that, and why the leafs in the rear?
GCjunkie93 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-08-2013, 10:23 AM   #13
CRJEeP_wj
2002 WJ 

I'm not sure how to make the pics smaller. The lift is some we're around 13" I guess. Leafs were on my truck and I liked them so it was cheap and easy to switch them over. There not great for the unibody but they work, and that's another thing I might change in the future.
Unread 04-08-2013, 10:40 AM   #14
adavis39
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjCREEPjeep View Post
I'm not sure how to make the pics smaller. The lift is some we're around 13" I guess. Leafs were on my truck and I liked them so it was cheap and easy to switch them over. There not great for the unibody but they work, and that's another thing I might change in the future.
youll have to re-size them before posting. any plans to cut the rear fenders? i dont think youll ever stuff those 42's but it should get you an extra 2'' or so of clearence. looks awesome though man
TNJEEPS.COM

BUILD: [B][url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/utwj-build-other-crap-1399123/[/url][/B]

[B]"In a world that he did not create, but he will go through it as if it is his own creation. Half man, half beast, whatever it is it is weird, it is ticked off and it calls itself Slash"[/B]
adavis39 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-08-2013, 10:56 AM   #15
CRJEeP_wj
2002 WJ 

Thanks. I bought some fender flares im gonna put on after i build the front bumper and I'm gunna cut a couple inches out when i do that.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.