Coolant Leak - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > Coolant Leak

WJ Modular Recovery & Bull Bar Relocation PackagesRough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!Steinjager TJ tube doors

Unread 03-11-2014, 06:05 PM   #1
Amostil

Coolant Leak

Hey guys, newby by necessity here. I have a 1999 Jeep GC with I6. I lost heat a while back and learned how to replace thermostat from YouTube. All was well for two months. Last night on the way home, no heat and the low coolant came on. Reservoir was bone dry. I added coolant. When I got to work I noticed a small pool of antifreeze where I normally park which pooled under the radiator. I thought maybe I hosed up the gasket installation. When i got home,the reservoir was dry again. I added water, brought the engine up to temp (190), the thermostat opened..but no leaks. No drips...nothing. I let it run for maybe 10 minutes. Reservoir is dry again. Where could the coolant be going? I mean clearly there was a leak. It's not redlining, temp never goes above 220/230. Heater core maybe?

Obviously, I'm not a mechanic but can't afford one right now either. Any suggestions on how to proceed other than driving it off a cliff with me in it?

Amostil is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.