CompCrasher's 01 WJ Ltd - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > CompCrasher's 01 WJ Ltd

XJ Rail Sale!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!Vanco Big Brake Kit Promotion!

Unread 01-03-2011, 01:49 PM   #46
compcrasher86
1998 XJ Cherokee 

in my driveway packed with snow I can feel the rear wheel slip a tiny bit and then the 4wd pull, I know its there

SOLD 01 WJ Ltd | i6 | QT2 | Moog HD steering | Tow Package | Boston Acoustics Audio | RB1 | Lou's Catback | Stone White |

Matt
compcrasher86 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-04-2011, 11:47 AM   #47
gqmdl0617
2000 WJ 

Hey man, Im liking your WJ. Good luck with that inverter install. It should fit where mine did next to the shifter, jusding by the size of it.

Also, if u do get rid of the mud flaps. Give them to me! lol
gqmdl0617 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-04-2011, 02:34 PM   #48
compcrasher86
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Mud flaps are still on, I think I'm gunna leave them on till I know I need extra ground clearance but should be fine in snow and everything. They do a great job of keeping the crud off the fenders and through huge puddles water stays under the Jeep instead of spraying up everywhere

SOLD 01 WJ Ltd | i6 | QT2 | Moog HD steering | Tow Package | Boston Acoustics Audio | RB1 | Lou's Catback | Stone White |

Matt
Unread 01-07-2011, 01:27 PM   #49
comptiger5000
1998 ZJ 

Good point. Looking at them in the parking lot earlier, your Jeep is a heck of a lot cleaner than mine! We're supposed to get some snow today through Sunday though, so I'm not sure when I'll get a chance to wash it. Maybe Sunday afternoon if things are clearing up. You should get yours washed too, as it's hard to tell just how salty it is, being white.
comptiger5000 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-07-2011, 01:31 PM   #50
compcrasher86
1998 XJ Cherokee 

I hate salt, luckily theres a heavy coat of wax as a buffer zone but just the thought of salt bothers me. We should go for a wash once all this snow is gone and melted...ish

So anyways, tested the range of my remote start. Although something isnt wired right with the ignition and it does some weird things the range is outstanding with a semi-new battery. I was able to have full control of my Jeep from this window across the hall from my room

And although I told myself I wouldnt because its the farthest parking spot away in the lot, I park next to comptiger because its way far away from the idiots who dont know how to park. A friend of mine got a dent and his mirror knocked off when he came out, I would not be able to handle that well.

Matt
Unread 01-07-2011, 01:36 PM   #51
comptiger5000
1998 ZJ 

I picked up some more WD-40 for mine today. It's well waxed also. The key isn't to keep the thing clean, but to get the salt off the undercarriage occasionally. Once I get mine washed, I'll spray the wheel wells and such with WD-40 again.

Oh, BTW, Harbor Freight didn't have the wide spray cans of WD-40, but they did have the 16oz ones without the straw, same price as the 12oz flippy straw ones too! ($7/can)
Unread 01-07-2011, 01:41 PM   #52
compcrasher86
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by comptiger5000 View Post
I picked up some more WD-40 for mine today. It's well waxed also. The key isn't to keep the thing clean, but to get the salt off the undercarriage occasionally. Once I get mine washed, I'll spray the wheel wells and such with WD-40 again.

Oh, BTW, Harbor Freight didn't have the wide spray cans of WD-40, but they did have the 16oz ones without the straw, same price as the 12oz flippy straw ones too! ($7/can)
Wanna head over there with me? I'm going to pick some up to pre-treat the beginnings of pinch weld rust we found? That stuff is going to meet Mr. Dremel and Mr. rust reformer and Mr. Touchup paint eventually (probs when I go back in march)

Matt
Unread 01-07-2011, 01:42 PM   #53
comptiger5000
1998 ZJ 

Gimme 20 mins. I'm dubbing the new Santana album to tape. If you want to talk, walk down to my dorm room. BTW, this album wins. This is the 2nd time today I've played through it.
Unread 01-07-2011, 01:53 PM   #54
compcrasher86
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by comptiger5000 View Post
I'm dubbing the new Santana album to tape.
is all I can say. You're probably the only one in this building that would do that... no... wait... I bet you're the only one in this entire building with cassettes

Matt
Unread 01-09-2011, 04:14 PM   #55
compcrasher86
1998 XJ Cherokee 

got my Jeep washed today. I havent seen it REALLY clean for a while, it looks nice:

Oh and also I swapped all the speakers with Boston Acoustics from my friend's WK. I broke a couple clips because it was freezing cold but overall the sound difference is outstanding. The bass on the infinity's was deep and loud but the Boston acoustics are crisp and punch hard. I really like the improvement. No rattles from the doorpanels luckily. Also... look at the above picture, 5 brownie points to whoever can tell me whats missing from my Jeep (comptiger cant play because hes the one who first noticed) PS I took the subs out of my sig, they wont be going in the WJ ever since the Boston install. Probably going back in the XJ but until now they're just hanging out in my room at home

Matt
Unread 01-10-2011, 03:37 PM   #56
squashman702
1994 ZJ 

Debadged?
Unread 01-10-2011, 04:21 PM   #57
compcrasher86
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by squashman702 View Post
Debadged?
Win! Yeah before I got it my Jeep was side-swiped by an old lady in a caddy. Body shop forgot to put badging back on. Other side still has badging. The lack of symmetry is bothering me. I'm going to see if they still have the badging kicking around at the body shop where it was repaired or at least ask them to mail me a new set, I can put them on myself no problem

Matt
Unread 01-12-2011, 12:17 AM   #58
compcrasher86
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Rattling noise coming from the rear end when going over bumps, I am going to pick up a set of Moog K7410 bushing's tomorrow. 9/16" is what all of the parts sites have the WJ listed as so I'll assume thats correct. This will be my first wrenching on the WJ I do (minus the tow hooks). Funny actually the XJ needed front bushings when I got it so this is a familiar new Jeep owner process lol

I don't have to do anything special on the WJ I presume, just park on level ground, unbolt brackets and replace cruddy worn bushings. Grease at all?

Edit: Whoah it looks like the WJ rear suspension is WEIRD. I'm used to the bar being held to the frame with a bracket and bushing and links to the axles but if the FSM is correct.... the bar is bolted to the axle with links to the frame? Thats weird. I'm assuming Its probably the bushings between the bar and the axle then that are worn and not the brackets holding the links to the frame? On the upside looks like it will be a breeze to fix this, just gotta wait for the snow to subside

Matt
Unread 01-14-2011, 04:32 PM   #59
compcrasher86
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Bored so took a video of the remote start's range. I'm really amazed at how well this system works:

Matt
Unread 01-14-2011, 05:20 PM   #60
SplitNail
1999 WJ 

Which remote start did you get I REALLY want one!

SplitNail is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.