CompCrasher's 01 WJ Ltd - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > CompCrasher's 01 WJ Ltd

Currie Antirock, Currectlync & Lift Kits on Sale!Oconee Off-Road Free Shipping Lifts Tires Bumpers Tops andIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 09-26-2010, 11:07 AM   #16
Bama_WJ
Web Wheeler

2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by compcrasher86 View Post
The school, no. My roommate, yeahhh.
That sucks. Another reason I love living by myself in my dorm room.

The Daily: 2011 Chevy Cruze Eco - Trifecta tuned and 37+ MPG

Wife's Jeep: 2006 WK Overland - OME HD Lift, 265/70/17 BFG AT's, 1.25" SpiderTrax wheel spacers, 3" Gibson Cat-Back

North Alabama Jeep
42RE Vent Mod - Seal your transmission!
YouTube. - My Video Channel
Facebook - Wheeling Pictures/Videos
The Jeep Wave. Bringing it back.
Bama_WJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-26-2010, 08:42 PM   #17
comptiger5000
1998 ZJ 

I could probably store it in my room. My roommates wouldn't care lol.

Also, that pic doesn't do the lights justice. The little hill makes it look like they run out of range long before they actually do. Plus, they weren't even aimed 100% correctly yet. And, did you take that pic while I was driving? I don't remember stopping for you to take one...
comptiger5000 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-27-2010, 09:28 PM   #18
compcrasher86
1998 XJ Cherokee 

The 242 swap will have to wait, the list is too huge for stuff I want to do! I'm going to try and do as many cheap/diy mods as possible, I'm open to any and all suggestions

SOLD 01 WJ Ltd | i6 | QT2 | Moog HD steering | Tow Package | Boston Acoustics Audio | RB1 | Lou's Catback | Stone White |

Matt
compcrasher86 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-04-2010, 11:35 AM   #19
compcrasher86
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Bought some of these puppies to protect my New Kickers

300hz Bass Blockers

SOLD 01 WJ Ltd | i6 | QT2 | Moog HD steering | Tow Package | Boston Acoustics Audio | RB1 | Lou's Catback | Stone White |

Matt
Unread 10-05-2010, 06:59 PM   #20
compcrasher86
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Oh yeah , I have an annoying (P0406 I think?) code setting off the C.E.L. Thats a small EVAP leak if I remember correctly. I've been told its probably just the gas cap but I've also read its one of the most annoying codes to chase down if its not. Does anybody know where I should check?

Its hard for me to believe its in the engine bay because literally everything in there looks brand new (compared to my xj that is lol) but thats where most of the evap stuff is. I believe head gasket was replaced at one point during my grandma's ownership so they probably did alot of work in there, maybe they knocked a line?

Matt
Unread 10-08-2010, 09:40 AM   #21
compcrasher86
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Bought Mopar mats from a fellow JF member

I hear the mopar ones are real good quality and my carpet mats are wrecked. Drivers side practically has a hole in it lol so these ought to do the trick for the winter

Edit 10/14: They're here!!

Matt
Unread 10-21-2010, 10:49 AM   #22
gqmdl0617
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by compcrasher86 View Post
Bought Mopar mats from a fellow JF member

I hear the mopar ones are real good quality and my carpet mats are wrecked. Drivers side practically has a hole in it lol so these ought to do the trick for the winter

Edit 10/14: They're here!!
Who did you get those mats from? and for how much if you dont mind me asking. Ive been wanting to get a nice set of mats for mine like that for the winter, but i love the look of having the JEEP badging on them.
gqmdl0617 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-02-2010, 07:17 PM   #23
compcrasher86
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gqmdl0617 View Post
Who did you get those mats from? and for how much if you dont mind me asking. Ive been wanting to get a nice set of mats for mine like that for the winter, but i love the look of having the JEEP badging on them.
Bought 'em from a local JF member for $50. Benefits of being on JF They are the official Mopar mats, I really reccomend these they were made REALLY well. Brand new from JustForJeeps these run around $100-120 I think?

On a side note as an update to my build thread: I just bought a big 3 setup with 2/0 gauge wire and professional crimps from another JF member. My WJ has a brand new interstate battery and terminal clamps on it so might as well do the wiring over the right way

Although I'm always hesitant about private deals, so far I've had nothing but positive experiences with other JF members so keep up the good work guys!

Matt
Unread 11-04-2010, 09:37 AM   #24
comptiger5000
1998 ZJ 

Those mats last forever. My mom has a set in her 99 WJ that have been in there since the Jeep was new. They look like they've never been used.
Unread 11-04-2010, 09:47 AM   #25
compcrasher86
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Comptiger why are you posting on my JF. Chances are you're less than 300 ft away from me right now, get off your lazy bum. For those who don't understand the context, I knew ct5k previously through jf and then we ended up at the same college in the same dorm building. What a small world.

Anywho, seller of the big 3 is sending out the cables so I cant wait to have a future-proofed charging system

Matt
Unread 11-04-2010, 09:48 AM   #26
comptiger5000
1998 ZJ 

Actually, unless you're in Golisano right now, I'm not 300 feet away.

Either way, those new battery cables should be sweet. I'm hoping to have the money to upgrade mine in the spring.
Unread 12-05-2010, 11:34 PM   #27
compcrasher86
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Updates:

-Full license on December 22 and I'll be driving it near every other day once I get it!
-Its been snowing non-stop up here I'm pumped to try out the 247 I've never had an auto 4wd before (the one in my ZJ never really worked)
-Still waiting on the battery cables, should be waiting for me when I get home
-Confirmed getting a 2" Daystar lift for Xmas
-Getting a heated seat kit for drivers side. If I like it alot I'll give the priviledge to the passengers
-Gunna get some misc. goodies, anybody have any small cheap suggestions? Friends and girlfriend want to get me stuff so naturally I want Jeep stuff haha.
-Getting a Mopar Grand Cherokee subwoofer (the one with the 8" and the huge storage compartment) Story behind this:

Friend has a fully loaded 01 Laredo with every option and a bunch of mopar accessories, the factory sub being one of them. He wants more boom and the sub is completely blown/fried so he's giving it to me if I do the install for his new setup. So I'm going to have two different sub setups. Im going to glass the inside of the mopar plastic box up and throw a JL 8" in there powered by my Polk amp and see how it sounds.

Pic of the super rare mopar sub box:

The JL 8 should be more than enough bass but if it isnt than I'll switch my dual Infinity setup in every so often: When I need extra cargo space or in the summer when I use my XJ, I'll stick with just the mopar box. When cargo space means less and I want more bass I'll plug in the dual subs and just strap 'em down back there. The mopar box is nice because its anchored to the body and wedges in perfectly with little to no cargo space sacrificed

Matt
Unread 12-14-2010, 08:28 AM   #28
compcrasher86
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Just looked into adjusting the bands, the FSM does a great job of going over it. Anybody know any tips and tricks, I hear the front band adjustment is near impossible to get at. I'll do a quick pic documentary when I do this for real. For the 42RE:

Front (kickdown band):
  1. Look on the left side of trans and find the locknut with the torx/square head bolt sticking out of it.
  2. Loosen the locknut 3-5 turns
  3. Make sure you can turn the inner adjusting bolt easily, if not lube it up
  4. Hold the outer locknut if it wont stay put and torque the inner adjuster bolt to 72 in-lbs. NOTE, thats INCH POUNDS. Use a smaller precision torque wrench for this.
  5. Then mark one of the corners of the adjuster bolt if you desire or just watch it closely, but you need to unscrew it 3 full 360 degree rotations.
  6. Tighten down the locknut (30 ft-lb if you wanna torque wrench it) while you hold the adjuster bolt from moving
Rear band (more involved)
  1. Remove trans pan and drain all of the fluid (messy so be careful)
  2. Look for the adjusting screw just like the front band within the internals of the trans. It will be sticking out vertically at you
  3. Loosen the outer locknut 5-6 turns
  4. Torque the inner adjuster (torx bolt) to 72 IN-lbs
  5. Back the inner adjuster bolt out by 4 full 360 degree turns. I dont like touching things in my trans with foreign substances (ink or sharpie) so just do the turns slowly and keep your eyes locked on it
  6. Tighten the locknut down snug (25ft lbs if you want to torque wrench it)
  7. Nows a good time to replace your trans pan gasket so do that and bolt the pan back up properly
  8. Refill with ATF+4 to proper spec levels
Diagrams. First is the front adjuster second is the rear adjuster inside the trans

Matt
Unread 12-22-2010, 03:20 PM   #29
compcrasher86
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Alright so I got bored and did some future planning/mods. I got my license back TODAY and so I am ready to drive. Insurance company is choking under pressure and totally not helping me out so I'm going to the DMV AGAIN to go get the plates for the WJ. Meanwhile my mods include setting up factory heated seat switches to be used as aux switches (Check out my thread here: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f310/...-want-1144249/)

And I'm setting up for my power inverter install. I popped one of the ports out of the inverter so I can clip it in flush in the center console. I also picked some USB sockets out of an old computer for my USB charger install (similar to Cvreitz's job in his build thread) I'm going for a very very clean install job. Thats my goal with the WJ. Keep ya guys posted! (Oh yeah and I have my hands on my new Daystar lift right now... nbd or anything )

Power inverter in progress:

Matt
Unread 12-23-2010, 12:18 AM   #30
gqmdl0617
2000 WJ 

Hey, if you want some ideas for your inverter, check out my thread.
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f310/...te-up-1136145/
Might give you a few ideas
gqmdl0617 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.