CompCrasher's 01 WJ Ltd - Page 171 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > CompCrasher's 01 WJ Ltd

All Bilstein shocks & struts - Lowest Prices Ever and Santa Kolak Announces: Kolak Exhaust 20% Off Sale!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 06-08-2013, 10:46 PM   #2551
compcrasher86
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by comptiger5000
Ugh, that blows! At least you're not the only one with weird failures. I've got a flaky headlight switch that needs fixing (auto doesn't always work right, dash light flicker a bit sometimes unless on min or max) and the dreaded "coolant sensor bad" on the VIC 70% of the time now (just a cracked solder joint).
I tore into it. Couldn't find any obviously failed components or solder joints, but I got a good idea for how the power circuitry on it works so I'm working on a workaround now.

SOLD 01 WJ Ltd | i6 | QT2 | Moog HD steering | Tow Package | Boston Acoustics Audio | RB1 | Lou's Catback | Stone White |

Matt
compcrasher86 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-09-2013, 11:53 AM   #2552
compcrasher86
1998 XJ Cherokee 

In preparation to put my Jeep on the market I want to make sure the front end is tight and everything rides/drives properly. Ordered new passenger ball joints because they're original, even though they seem to still be fine. Also ordered new stock height Monroe brand shocks, my original ones were probably about due anyways. Also got a Monroe stock style SS, the stock one is bleeding fluid daily and the moog one has very loose bushings so it can't do its job properly. Then a front end (well, toe) allignment and I'll feel a lot better handing the keys to the next owner.

And yes, I'm removing the lift, I'd rather sell the parts off to Jeepforum to someone can get better use out of it. My only clientele so far would most likely get no benefit over a lifted Jeep and I can't assume any liabilities from selling a family a lifted Jeep to have their daughter take to college (yes that appears to be the clientele as of now)

SOLD 01 WJ Ltd | i6 | QT2 | Moog HD steering | Tow Package | Boston Acoustics Audio | RB1 | Lou's Catback | Stone White |

Matt
Unread 06-10-2013, 09:28 AM   #2553
85IrocZ-28
1999 WJ 

You have one of the cleanest dubs around. I am sure the next owner will appreciate your work. Hopefully you can get much of your $ back with the sale.
*Project Yeti* 99 JGC Limited 4.7 w/6.5" Rockkrawler LA & IRO A-arm, Goodyear MTR 35's on MB TKO's, 4.56 Yukon's, Iceland Offroad Bumper/Flares/Sliders, Protofab Rear Carrier, SuperChips, Uniden/Firestick, Flowmaster, Smittybilt 8k Synthetic Line Winch.

My Jeep is Organic - Undercoated in 100% all natural Utah Dirt --- Utah Jeep Crew #49 ~Will
2012 JeepForum GCOTY --- [URL=http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/project-yeti-abominable-wj-1125665/]Project Yeti Build Thread[/URL]
85IrocZ-28 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-13-2013, 02:21 PM   #2554
compcrasher86
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Jeep interior is back to normal colors again. I left the dash black because it flows well and looks good. Only thing is, one of my family members decided to throw away some interior parts so I am short a headrest. If anybody has a spare Sandstone front headrest please let me know, I've got paypal ready. Parts from rockauto are taking a while to get here so its the waiting game for the suspension, should be driving top notch in no time. Found a replacement car I want so I'm trying to get the ball rolling on the WJ sale.

Matt
Unread 06-14-2013, 11:05 AM   #2555
squashman702
1994 ZJ 

What car are you in the market for?
Unread 06-14-2013, 05:58 PM   #2556
compcrasher86
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by squashman702
What car are you in the market for?
2001-2005 BMW 330 (i/ci). I've got about 2 years of research on that car and driven one a couple times and loved the car so I think that's my next toy/project/obsession. I've also got my XJ to fix up but that's another project on the back burner.

Matt
Unread 06-14-2013, 08:30 PM   #2557
comptiger5000
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by compcrasher86 View Post
obsession
Yep. You went full on bimmerfag a few months ago, lol
comptiger5000 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-14-2013, 09:02 PM   #2558
compcrasher86
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by comptiger5000 View Post
Yep. You went full on bimmerfag a few months ago, lol
It shouldn't be as bad once I have one and have really gotten over the initial excitement. I'm just really looking forward to driving something that isn't an SUV. I pretty much didn't have a choice in owning my 3 consecutive Jeeps so this will really be a nice change for me to get into something completely different, something with a bit of power, and forgiving highway mileage. I'm anxious to say the least. I do still really like Jeeps and if I had to get another SUV at some point I'd love to look at a V8 WJ with Quadradrive but for now I should be able to live without one. Plus I have my first real car in storage under the carport, my 98 XJ... which when finances stabilize in a year or two will get 31s, lift, and a AX15 swap (that is provided I don't get too addicted and buy an E30 toy)

Matt
Unread 06-14-2013, 09:30 PM   #2559
comptiger5000
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
(that is provided I don't get too addicted and buy an E30 toy)
And that's when you make a slammed XJ with custom suspension, boosted 4.0, AX-15 toy
Unread 06-15-2013, 11:43 AM   #2560
compcrasher86
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by comptiger5000

And that's when you make a slammed XJ with custom suspension, boosted 4.0, AX-15 toy
You don't do that to an XJ. Shoo, off with you, go back to speedfreaks.

Matt
Unread 06-15-2013, 12:16 PM   #2561
04Overland47

2004 WJ 

Quote:
You don't do that to an XJ. Shoo, off with you, go back to speedfreaks.

Youtube Channel
WJ Thread
04Overland47 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-16-2013, 03:12 PM   #2562
compcrasher86
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Parts came today! Will be removing the Bilsteins, OMEs, IRO A-Arm, And IRO links soon once I have more favorable weather. Any interested buyers for the parts or heck even the Jeep (its going to drive great once I'm done) can PM me offers. Thanks!

Matt
Unread 06-17-2013, 07:30 AM   #2563
comptiger5000
1998 ZJ 

If you had 7100s, I'd be all over buying them
Unread 06-17-2013, 12:10 PM   #2564
squashman702
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by compcrasher86

2001-2005 BMW 330 (i/ci). I've got about 2 years of research on that car and driven one a couple times and loved the car so I think that's my next toy/project/obsession. I've also got my XJ to fix up but that's another project on the back burner.
ZHP? I've been eyeing those for a while. If it drove anything like my friends old E30, I'd love to own one.
Unread 06-17-2013, 12:35 PM   #2565
compcrasher86
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by squashman702

ZHP? I've been eyeing those for a while. If it drove anything like my friends old E30, I'd love to own one.
I'd gladly take one, but the price hike is almost 40% more for one of those! That and the Vanos seals seem to blow out more often because of the different cam profiling. I've driven an E30 and an E46. The E30 was much more raw and suspension a bit more stiff. The engine note was beautiful and quite pronounced. The E46 is more refined and has quieter suspension/interior noise and the engine is much more quiet (less valvetrain noise) but bites into turns and puts power down very similarly. They just drive so different from every other car on the road it's intoxicating.

Matt

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.