CompCrasher's 01 WJ Ltd - Page 167 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > CompCrasher's 01 WJ Ltd

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineToxic Brakes - 3000 PSI Braided Stainless Steel Brake LineCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 03-30-2013, 02:23 PM   #2491
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Matt was changing the radiator out today

As far as the filter it gets the job done for the price. To be honest it fits nice and snug against the Jeep so no air will get around the bracket. The filter cap is kind of loosely put on to the bracket but it will stay in place. The filter also sits pretty snug inside the bracket. Again for the price I really cannot complain it works and I am happy with the purchase. The install was very easy can be a little tight underneath the hood cowl though.

~ 04 WJ 4.0 | Selec-Trac 242 | MBP | OME HD 3" Lift | JKS TB | IRO Front LCA's and UCA's| Bilstein 5100's | Custom Front D.S. | Stillen Rotors/Metal Matrix Pads | Tow Package w/ 3.73's | Projectors w/ 55w HID H1 5000K Lows | Sylvania Ultra 9005 Fogs | Moog HD Steering | Kenwood eXcelon Radio | Memphis Speakers | Alpine Amps | Alpine Subs | Moog STB SS | Superchips Flashpaq | Auxiliary Transmission Cooler | Rock Lights | Light Bars ~

~ Snobrdrkid's "Build" Thread ~ YouTube Channel ~ Fuelly ~WJ 4.0 Transmission Cooler Info ~

~ 05 Rubicon Unlimited 4.0 | 6-Speed | Dana 44's | Air Lockers | 4.11 Gears | Rock-Trac 241OR T-Case with 4:1 4-Low | 2" Spacer Lift | 245/75/16 Kevlar MT/R's on Moabs | Hansen Offroad Steel F/R Bumpers | Warn 9000xi Winch | Edge Performance Chip | Custom CAI | Hella Off-road Lights | Cobra 29 CB | Flash Lights | Recovery Gear | Fire Extinguisher ~

-Michael-

For Sale:
Front XJ/TJ 2" Budget Boost. PM for details.
snobrdrkid07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2013, 03:32 PM   #2492
04Overland47

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by snobrdrkid07 View Post

As far as the filter it gets the job done for the price. To be honest it fits nice and snug against the Jeep so no air will get around the bracket. The filter cap is kind of loosely put on to the bracket but it will stay in place. The filter also sits pretty snug inside the bracket. Again for the price I really cannot complain it works and I am happy with the purchase. The install was very easy can be a little tight underneath the hood cowl though.
Meh i disagree, the quality is cheap. I know it was only 28 bucks, but the housing and cover could be of sterdier quality.

Youtube Channel
WJ Thread
04Overland47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2013, 06:09 PM   #2493
compcrasher86
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Considering a new filter for one of those is $10-$20 alone I think it was a good deal. If I could get the thing for under $40 like Richard, shipped, I may have done that. Either way the housing fits really nicely against the body and the pushpins are heavy duty. I got mine installed today and so far its working great. Airflow seems to be about the same actually if anything the tiny bit of pressure against the blower motor seems to have made mine quieter at lower speeds which is nice. Air already feels cleaner I'm happy.

Also! Got my new radiator in today. Ill update on that later but it really wasn't too bad. Took maybe 3-4 hours. I had plenty of time leftover to enjoy the nice weather and I also was able to clean my winter mats, remove a salt stain from the carpet, vacuum the carpet, and give the dash a nice cleaning. I used some diluted armor all because I left my 303 at home. Anyways, looks and feels great. Also lubed up my swaybar bushings and that seems to have removed a majority of my bump squeaks/creaks. This seems to need to be a normal thing.
image-529362921.jpg   image-686423923.jpg   image-3647868552.jpg   image-1745410062.jpg   image-1772244539.jpg  

image-1012179560.jpg   image-469967239.jpg   image-2259802597.jpg   image-859265669.jpg   image-2777908393.jpg  

SOLD 01 WJ Ltd | i6 | QT2 | Moog HD steering | Tow Package | Boston Acoustics Audio | RB1 | Lou's Catback | Stone White |

Matt
compcrasher86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-31-2013, 12:33 AM   #2494
billzcat1
Chicken in a Turkey Suit
2003 WJ 

I just checked my records on the purchase to see what I actually paid. I combined it with a few other parts from mopar-wholesale and the filter assembly was $47.13 plus shipping.
billzcat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-31-2013, 12:53 AM   #2495
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

I swear my Jeep runs too cool now haha. Maybe that's better than too hot. Judging by where the temperature gauges sits, it runs cool, but could be off. I'll get my scan gauge on it sometime for an actual number. Glad you got the radiator in and working properly now!

My IRO links seem to need bi-monthly lubing as well. Fairly regular actually, maybe because of the winter months and the cold. Along with the soda can "crunch" from the poly bushings in the track bar when it cycles on bumps haha.

Edit: The air filter was cheap but bottom line it works. like other things I don't need per say the cheaper option works.
~ 04 WJ 4.0 | Selec-Trac 242 | MBP | OME HD 3" Lift | JKS TB | IRO Front LCA's and UCA's| Bilstein 5100's | Custom Front D.S. | Stillen Rotors/Metal Matrix Pads | Tow Package w/ 3.73's | Projectors w/ 55w HID H1 5000K Lows | Sylvania Ultra 9005 Fogs | Moog HD Steering | Kenwood eXcelon Radio | Memphis Speakers | Alpine Amps | Alpine Subs | Moog STB SS | Superchips Flashpaq | Auxiliary Transmission Cooler | Rock Lights | Light Bars ~

~ Snobrdrkid's "Build" Thread ~ YouTube Channel ~ Fuelly ~WJ 4.0 Transmission Cooler Info ~

~ 05 Rubicon Unlimited 4.0 | 6-Speed | Dana 44's | Air Lockers | 4.11 Gears | Rock-Trac 241OR T-Case with 4:1 4-Low | 2" Spacer Lift | 245/75/16 Kevlar MT/R's on Moabs | Hansen Offroad Steel F/R Bumpers | Warn 9000xi Winch | Edge Performance Chip | Custom CAI | Hella Off-road Lights | Cobra 29 CB | Flash Lights | Recovery Gear | Fire Extinguisher ~

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 03-31-2013, 01:25 PM   #2496
compcrasher86
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Hey guys, what does everybody use to tighten jam nuts? I noticed the nut on my IRO keeps coming loose so I'm convinced I'm not tightening it well enough. It appears to be about 3 inches in diameter give or take a little bit and I can't seem to find the right tool to take care of it.

SOLD 01 WJ Ltd | i6 | QT2 | Moog HD steering | Tow Package | Boston Acoustics Audio | RB1 | Lou's Catback | Stone White |

Matt
Unread 03-31-2013, 02:40 PM   #2497
zephyr80
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by compcrasher86 View Post
Hey guys, what does everybody use to tighten jam nuts? I noticed the nut on my IRO keeps coming loose so I'm convinced I'm not tightening it well enough. It appears to be about 3 inches in diameter give or take a little bit and I can't seem to find the right tool to take care of it.
Not sure how much room you have to get in there but for that big of a nut, use a pipe wrench

Sent from your back seat!
zephyr80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-31-2013, 03:53 PM   #2498
Timbo24
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by compcrasher86
Considering a new filter for one of those is $10-$20 alone I think it was a good deal. If I could get the thing for under $40 like Richard, shipped, I may have done that. Either way the housing fits really nicely against the body and the pushpins are heavy duty. I got mine installed today and so far its working great. Airflow seems to be about the same actually if anything the tiny bit of pressure against the blower motor seems to have made mine quieter at lower speeds which is nice. Air already feels cleaner I'm happy.

Also! Got my new radiator in today. Ill update on that later but it really wasn't too bad. Took maybe 3-4 hours. I had plenty of time leftover to enjoy the nice weather and I also was able to clean my winter mats, remove a salt stain from the carpet, vacuum the carpet, and give the dash a nice cleaning. I used some diluted armor all because I left my 303 at home. Anyways, looks and feels great. Also lubed up my swaybar bushings and that seems to have removed a majority of my bump squeaks/creaks. This seems to need to be a normal thing.
Is that a griffin radiator?
Timbo24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-31-2013, 04:13 PM   #2499
squashman702
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by compcrasher86
Grab a big adjustable from harbor freight for around $20. Doubles as a big hammer (but what tool doesn't?).
Unread 03-31-2013, 04:39 PM   #2500
Timbo24
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by squashman702

Grab a big adjustable from harbor freight for around $20. Doubles as a big hammer (but what tool doesn't?).
That's what I use for my Jks track bar. The pipe wrench will slip around and put little slits in the jam nut.
Timbo24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-31-2013, 05:43 PM   #2501
compcrasher86
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zephyr80

Not sure how much room you have to get in there but for that big of a nut, use a pipe wrench

Sent from your back seat!
That's what I ended up buying! Started raining though so I'm holding off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbo24

Is that a griffin radiator?
That's a Mishimoto radiator. It seems to be top quality for a plastic tanked unit and a bunch of the local car club members advocated for the brand. I'm very happy with my purchase it was $150 from Quadratec (only place that had one in stock ready to ship) and a lifetime warranty. IMO well worth it over the sub $100 rockauto replacement ones. Sadly I could not justify the money for the all aluminum griffin radiator.
Quote:
Originally Posted by squashman702

I checked and my HF only had them up to 2.5, and I think my jam nut is larger than that. Even so it was a $25 wrench EEK!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbo24

That's what I use for my Jks track bar. The pipe wrench will slip around and put little slits in the jam nut.
That's what I'm worried about. I'm going to give it a go and see if it gets a good grip. If not Im going to end up ordering a large adjustable for $$$

Matt
Unread 03-31-2013, 05:43 PM   #2502
billzcat1
Chicken in a Turkey Suit
2003 WJ 

The JKS jamb nuts are 1-1/2". I use an 18" Craftsman crescent wrench I picked up at a garage sale. Comes in handy although carrying it in my trail tool bag adds another 10lbs.

I think you are massively overestimating the size of the nuts IRO uses. Also note that I installed an IRO track bar on an XJ using only the tools I have - I can't imagine the WJ parts are twice the size of the XJ parts. Also, some of their parts appear to be exact copies of JKS. So don't be surprised if it comes out to be a 1-1/2" nut.
billzcat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-31-2013, 05:47 PM   #2503
compcrasher86
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by billzcat1 View Post
The JKS jamb nuts are 1-1/2". I use an 18" Craftsman crescent wrench I picked up at a garage sale. Comes in handy although carrying it in my trail tool bag adds another 10lbs.
Maybe I measured wrong, I'm going to go fit my adjustable up to it and then measure the jaw width. If its under 2.5 I'll go trade it for an adjustable.

Matt
Unread 03-31-2013, 08:41 PM   #2504
gcjeeping
2001 WJ 

I got my jams nuts tight then tack welded them so they wont back off. I can grind them off if I need to adjust or take them off. Its a piece of mind thing.
gcjeeping is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-31-2013, 08:56 PM   #2505
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Well that is definitely one way of doing it ^

-Michael-

For Sale:

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.