CompCrasher's 01 WJ Ltd - Page 16 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > CompCrasher's 01 WJ Ltd

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!Flush Mount LED Bumper Lights, CREE

Unread 08-17-2011, 04:33 AM   #226
patrick983
2000 WJ 

good job, looks new.

looking forward to this tire carrier

Unread 08-17-2011, 07:08 AM   #227
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by compcrasher86
put just about 400mi on the WJ over the past two days goin down to visit Rob. Air dam and refolding fender liners seems to have eliminated nasty wind noises also my highway mileage didnt take too hard of a hit the vic says 24 and my math says about 22ish so I think thats good, I thought my Jeep was going to turn into an aero nightmare.
I averaged about 20 evic and about 19 calculated on the highway. But that was aveg 75-85 up and down hills
~ 04 WJ 4.0 | Selec-Trac 242 | MBP | OME HD 3" Lift | JKS TB | IRO Front LCA's and UCA's| Bilstein 5100's | Custom Front D.S. | Stillen Rotors/Metal Matrix Pads | Tow Package w/ 3.73's | Projectors w/ 55w HID H1 5000K Lows | Sylvania Ultra 9005 Fogs | Moog HD Steering | Kenwood eXcelon Radio | Memphis Speakers | Alpine Amps | Alpine Subs | Moog STB SS | Superchips Flashpaq | Auxiliary Transmission Cooler | Rock Lights | Light Bars ~

~ Snobrdrkid's "Build" Thread ~ YouTube Channel ~ Fuelly ~WJ 4.0 Transmission Cooler Info ~

~ 05 Rubicon Unlimited 4.0 | 6-Speed | Dana 44's | Air Lockers | 4.11 Gears | Rock-Trac 241OR T-Case with 4:1 4-Low | 2" Spacer Lift | 245/75/16 Kevlar MT/R's on Moabs | Hansen Offroad Steel F/R Bumpers | Warn 9000xi Winch | Edge Performance Chip | Custom CAI | Hella Off-road Lights | Cobra 29 CB | Flash Lights | Recovery Gear | Fire Extinguisher ~

-Michael-

For Sale:
Front XJ/TJ 2" Budget Boost. PM for details.
snobrdrkid07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2011, 08:29 AM   #228
compcrasher86
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Oh yeah... Well I didn't include the 40 mile hilly section into my avg lol when it kicks down it's getting like 13mpg hahahah

SOLD 01 WJ Ltd | i6 | QT2 | Moog HD steering | Tow Package | Boston Acoustics Audio | RB1 | Lou's Catback | Stone White |

Matt
compcrasher86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2011, 09:04 AM   #229
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by compcrasher86 View Post
Oh yeah... Well I didn't include the 40 mile hilly section into my avg lol when it kicks down it's getting like 13mpg hahahah
hahaha going up PA hills at 80 mph brings the instant reading down to like 11-13 instant mpg hahaha
~ 04 WJ 4.0 | Selec-Trac 242 | MBP | OME HD 3" Lift | JKS TB | IRO Front LCA's and UCA's| Bilstein 5100's | Custom Front D.S. | Stillen Rotors/Metal Matrix Pads | Tow Package w/ 3.73's | Projectors w/ 55w HID H1 5000K Lows | Sylvania Ultra 9005 Fogs | Moog HD Steering | Kenwood eXcelon Radio | Memphis Speakers | Alpine Amps | Alpine Subs | Moog STB SS | Superchips Flashpaq | Auxiliary Transmission Cooler | Rock Lights | Light Bars ~

~ Snobrdrkid's "Build" Thread ~ YouTube Channel ~ Fuelly ~WJ 4.0 Transmission Cooler Info ~

~ 05 Rubicon Unlimited 4.0 | 6-Speed | Dana 44's | Air Lockers | 4.11 Gears | Rock-Trac 241OR T-Case with 4:1 4-Low | 2" Spacer Lift | 245/75/16 Kevlar MT/R's on Moabs | Hansen Offroad Steel F/R Bumpers | Warn 9000xi Winch | Edge Performance Chip | Custom CAI | Hella Off-road Lights | Cobra 29 CB | Flash Lights | Recovery Gear | Fire Extinguisher ~

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 08-19-2011, 02:14 PM   #230
compcrasher86
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Got the brackets painted finally. Weathers been so horrible I haven't been able to paint outside so the tire carrier is on hold right now :/ it doesn't need nearly as much work as the arb did but I wanna still do it right the first time. Oh I also finally wire the KCs up with 12ga and they look awesome
image-1354047784.jpg  

SOLD 01 WJ Ltd | i6 | QT2 | Moog HD steering | Tow Package | Boston Acoustics Audio | RB1 | Lou's Catback | Stone White |

Matt
Unread 08-21-2011, 11:12 PM   #231
compcrasher86
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Just hit 110k on my way back from NH... I told myself I wouldnt load the miles on but its so much easier on the highway than the XJ I gotta stop offering to drive lol. So during the trip it was pouring rain and I had the AC on defrost on for about an hour till my buddy in the passenger seat told me my Jeep had dripped on him... two drops was all we really noticed on the floormat but I still think that might be something fishy... what do you all think?

In other news the rear UCA bushing has gotten really bad... I'm having trouble ignoring it so might go snag an A-arm out of the junkyard and rebuild it and swap with my old one. I cant really afford to put the WJ up on blocks for a couple days while I get the new bushings pressed in.

In other other news, I'm home and done with vacations so I can paint the rear tire carrier... should be going on soon except I think I'm going to try and remove the swing carrier and just use it as a metal bumper because all I have for a spare is my donut :/

Matt
Unread 08-22-2011, 05:46 AM   #232
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

I had my ac condensate on the outside of the drip pan, with it on for a really long time, (hours, was on a trip) and set to cold and it a good bit humid out. And it dripped a lot of my rubber floor mat.

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 08-23-2011, 01:04 AM   #233
compcrasher86
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Workin' on the tire carrier today... painted it all up which took a while as I uncovered more rust :/

Sooo I sanded and scraped

Loaded it up with rust primer

And the final result with semi-gloss black turned out beautiful

Up close

And this is about as far as I got after getting distracted all night and so I decided to leave it here and put everything on in the morning

The two bumper mounting bracket studs on each side were a royal pain to get off I eventually got fed up and saw-zalled them apart. I also went to the hardware store and got all of the necessary fasteners including the button (hex) head bolts for the outer quarter panel so everything will look sleek and clean. Drill battery died on my trying to drill pinch weld holes which was the final straw that made me give up for the night. It was also kinda buggy out too. Everything is painted and dried and the four drill holes are marked so everything should go on tomorrow. Now I should really get a FS spare that tire carrier would be embarrassing with a donut mounted up to it

Matt
Unread 08-23-2011, 07:44 AM   #234
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Pictures are looking good! Can't wait to see it all done!

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 08-23-2011, 04:46 PM   #235
compcrasher86
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Where'd we leave off?

Had to cut notches using my saw-zall in the pinch weld for the brackets to sit flush to the frame rail

Holes drilled and rust-proofed for the side armor

Side armor fitted

Bolts for side armor

Front button head bolts for side armor

Ratcheting stubby open ended wrenches were the perfect tool here

Side armor and brackets mounted up tight

Got my buddy to help me lift it and get the bolts through

Adjust forwards/back before tightening down

Cranking down 3 main bolts per side

All mounted up

Maneuvering the trim piece into place, probably should have done this before tightening down bumper

All fitted up and tail lights back

Side view

Factory donut does not belong

So I took the tire carrier off till I get my new tires

Side view no carrier

Matt
Unread 08-23-2011, 05:47 PM   #236
85IrocZ-28
1999 WJ 

Looking good! I am jealous of the tire carrier, I would really like one.
*Project Yeti* 99 JGC Limited 4.7 w/6.5" Rockkrawler LA & IRO A-arm, Goodyear MTR 35's on MB TKO's, 4.56 Yukon's, Iceland Offroad Bumper/Flares/Sliders, Protofab Rear Carrier, SuperChips, Uniden/Firestick, Flowmaster, Smittybilt 8k Synthetic Line Winch.

My Jeep is Organic - Undercoated in 100% all natural Utah Dirt --- Utah Jeep Crew #49 ~Will
2012 JeepForum GCOTY --- [URL=http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/project-yeti-abominable-wj-1125665/]Project Yeti Build Thread[/URL]
85IrocZ-28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-23-2011, 07:50 PM   #237
compcrasher86
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 85IrocZ-28 View Post
Looking good! I am jealous of the tire carrier, I would really like one.
I feel guilty knowing this now because I took off the swing arm and probably wont be using it till next summer when I get new tires (that is unless I somehow score a sweet job over the winter)

edit: I was also expecting to see some horrible sagging but despite how heavy it is my Jeep still seems to be holding at least the same height as an upcountry WJ and does not seem to be raked towards front or rear. Very happy about that but coils are still planned... might do shocks first if the coils can handle it because my shocks are really gone. Rear A-arm has not fixed itself as I had dreamed it would :-/. Whats the worst that could happen by putting it off?

Matt
Unread 08-26-2011, 03:34 PM   #238
compcrasher86
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Bought my d-rings today. What do you all have along the lines for d-ring theft prevention ideas, I know I'm always gunna be careless and leave them on there
image-61500251.jpg  

Matt
Unread 08-26-2011, 04:05 PM   #239
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

I have had d rings on the rubicon for years and no one has stole them yet!

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 08-26-2011, 05:08 PM   #240
squashman702
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by snobrdrkid07 View Post
I have had d rings on the rubicon for years and no one has stole them yet!
Same, had mine on my hitch for 4 years without issue.

EDIT: I also went to school in Syracuse and currently live in New Haven and work in Bridgeport, so I haven't been in the best areas the past few years.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.