CompCrasher's 01 WJ Ltd - Page 13 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > CompCrasher's 01 WJ Ltd

JEEP Gear Change Packages From ROCKRIDGE 4WD. We Are DIFFAlloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 08-07-2011, 08:18 PM   #181
comptiger5000
1998 ZJ 

^ It's possible to build a stroker without raising compression. Might need custom pistons though.

comptiger5000 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-07-2011, 08:55 PM   #182
alwaysHI
2003 WJ 

high comp + boost is a no-no really though..if your gonna rip it open for custom pistons, put low comp in there so you can run more boost, and have safer tunes.
alwaysHI is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-07-2011, 09:02 PM   #183
snobrdrkid07
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

Well I do not know of an option for Forced Induction on the 4.0. But there is FI as you know and have for the 4.7

FI for the 4.7 and Stroke for the 4.0
~ 04 WJ 4.0 | Selec-Trac 242 | MBP | OME HD 3" Lift | JKS TB | IRO Front LCA's and UCA's| Bilstein 5100's | Custom Front D.S. | Stillen Rotors/Metal Matrix Pads | Tow Package w/ 3.73's | Projectors w/ 55w HID H1 5000K Lows | Sylvania Ultra 9005 Fogs | Moog HD Steering | Kenwood eXcelon Radio | Memphis Speakers | Alpine Amps | Alpine Subs | Moog STB SS | Superchips Flashpaq | Auxiliary Transmission Cooler | Rock Lights | Light Bars ~

~ Snobrdrkid's "Build" Thread ~ YouTube Channel ~ Fuelly ~WJ 4.0 Transmission Cooler Info ~

~ 05 Rubicon Unlimited 4.0 | 6-Speed | Dana 44's | Air Lockers | 4.11 Gears | Rock-Trac 241OR T-Case with 4:1 4-Low | 2" Spacer Lift | 245/75/16 Kevlar MT/R's on Moabs | Hansen Offroad Steel F/R Bumpers | Warn 9000xi Winch | Edge Performance Chip | Custom CAI | Hella Off-road Lights | Cobra 29 CB | Flash Lights | Recovery Gear | Fire Extinguisher ~

-Michael-

For Sale:
Front XJ/TJ 2" Budget Boost. PM for details.
snobrdrkid07 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-07-2011, 09:30 PM   #184
compcrasher86
1998 XJ Cherokee 

as fun as boosting or blowing my 4.0 sounds, if I were to make any mods it would be naturally aspirated stroker simply because of the wealth of information out there. That and I'm really looking for some more low end power (screams v8)

SOLD 01 WJ Ltd | i6 | QT2 | Moog HD steering | Tow Package | Boston Acoustics Audio | RB1 | Lou's Catback | Stone White |

Matt
compcrasher86 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-07-2011, 09:37 PM   #185
snobrdrkid07
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by compcrasher86
as fun as boosting or blowing my 4.0 sounds, if I were to make any mods it would be naturally aspirated stroker simply because of the wealth of information out there. That and I'm really looking for some more low end power (screams v8)
Yea if I'm gonna do engine mods its gonna be bored and stroked over boosting
~ 04 WJ 4.0 | Selec-Trac 242 | MBP | OME HD 3" Lift | JKS TB | IRO Front LCA's and UCA's| Bilstein 5100's | Custom Front D.S. | Stillen Rotors/Metal Matrix Pads | Tow Package w/ 3.73's | Projectors w/ 55w HID H1 5000K Lows | Sylvania Ultra 9005 Fogs | Moog HD Steering | Kenwood eXcelon Radio | Memphis Speakers | Alpine Amps | Alpine Subs | Moog STB SS | Superchips Flashpaq | Auxiliary Transmission Cooler | Rock Lights | Light Bars ~

~ Snobrdrkid's "Build" Thread ~ YouTube Channel ~ Fuelly ~WJ 4.0 Transmission Cooler Info ~

~ 05 Rubicon Unlimited 4.0 | 6-Speed | Dana 44's | Air Lockers | 4.11 Gears | Rock-Trac 241OR T-Case with 4:1 4-Low | 2" Spacer Lift | 245/75/16 Kevlar MT/R's on Moabs | Hansen Offroad Steel F/R Bumpers | Warn 9000xi Winch | Edge Performance Chip | Custom CAI | Hella Off-road Lights | Cobra 29 CB | Flash Lights | Recovery Gear | Fire Extinguisher ~

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 08-07-2011, 09:40 PM   #186
compcrasher86
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by snobrdrkid07 View Post
Yea if I'm gonna do engine mods its gonna be bored and stroked over boosting
And I'm not going to give in to modifications until the following conditions are met:
- Cant hold OD on the highway doing 70
- Dont have option of trading up to a different color WJ with a v8 (although I will specifically look for a white v8 WJ cus then nobody will notice , especially the PO my grandma because Im not trying to look ungrateful for/take advantage of the deal she gave me on it)
- Have sufficient research/knowledge of strokers
-Have Rob by me for the engine build

See the thing is there was something about my old XJ that made me attached to it. My WJ I'm attached to what I'm doing to it not the WJ itself so I am not against trading it in for another one. If I had another WJ I could swap all my mods over to I would be just as happy if not happier (if it was a v8)

SOLD 01 WJ Ltd | i6 | QT2 | Moog HD steering | Tow Package | Boston Acoustics Audio | RB1 | Lou's Catback | Stone White |

Matt
Unread 08-07-2011, 09:42 PM   #187
snobrdrkid07
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

Quote:

And I'm not going to give in to modifications until the following conditions are met:
- Cant hold OD on the highway doing 70
- Dont have option of trading up to a different color WJ with a v8
- Have sufficient research/knowledge of strokers

See the thing is there was something about my old XJ that made me attached to it. My WJ I'm attached to what I'm doing to it not the WJ itself so I am not against trading it in for another one. If I had another WJ I could swap all my mods over to I would be just as happy if not happier (if it was a v8)
As much as I want to buy an 04 overland id have a hard time trading my current 04 for that.

Yea all my mods would be a pia to switch over. :P

Edit: I was having some issues holding overdrive on the turnpike holding 70-80. It held the od but I was having to hit the gas to the point where the instant mpg was readin 12 or 13 mpg

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 08-07-2011, 09:45 PM   #188
compcrasher86
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
As much as I want to buy an 04 overland id have a hard time trading my current 04 for that.

Yea all my mods would be a pia to switch over. :P
I agree with you man but Damn if I could get an overland I'd take a couple of days off work get a couple more jack stands and I'd make it happen. Anything for that beautiful 4.7HO exhaust note...

Just some videos to drool over:

Matt
Unread 08-07-2011, 09:48 PM   #189
snobrdrkid07
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

Quote:

I agree with you man but Damn if I could get an overland I'd take a couple of days off work get a couple more jack stands and I'd make it happen. Anything for that beautiful 4.7HO exhaust note...

Just some videos to drool over:
Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McO0LzQGrMo
Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8D8TXXoQCE
I now hate not having an overland even more now... FML!!! Why did you do that to me???

Did you read my edit to previous post?

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 08-07-2011, 09:50 PM   #190
compcrasher86
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Edit: I was having some issues holding overdrive on the turnpike holding 70-80. It held the od but I was having to hit the gas to the point where the instant mpg was readin 12 or 13 mpg
See thats my biggest concern, already in completely stock form I know certain hills I have to build up speed like a truck to stay in OD... thats just wrong. On flat land it doesnt seem to have a problem but I'm worried what will happen when I add upwards of 400lbs of a bumper winch and extra gear to it... thats like driving with a Jeep full of passengers, which you do feel in the pedal. Then on top of that add 31's and I'm pretty sure the i6 will try and murder you

and ps... sorry but I had to infect you... I have those videos favorited and watch them on a normal basis

Matt
Unread 08-07-2011, 09:55 PM   #191
snobrdrkid07
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

Quote:

See thats my biggest concern, already in completely stock form I know certain hills I have to build up speed like a truck to stay in OD... thats just wrong. On flat land it doesnt seem to have a problem but I'm worried what will happen when I add upwards of 400lbs of a bumper winch and extra gear to it... thats like driving with a Jeep full of passengers, which you do feel in the pedal. Then on top of that add 31's and I'm pretty sure the i6 will try and murder you

and ps... sorry but I had to infect you... I have those videos favorited and watch them on a normal basis
Exactly what I'm thinking too. I really need that extra power sometimes... I got pissed at my jeep today on a hill and kicked it to second gear and was doing 60 mph in second gear up this hill... my mpg had to be crap but I was getting mad at no power.

Another option is to go DEEP on gears for the axles. Was thinking about that at one point.

Yea I understand, I keep shopping for them like I can actually get one... like that would fly with my mom/dad. Trading in my wj since we've had it since like 5 miles on the odo. I just have to much attachment too

Only thing I want to change about my jeep is: get maching bumpers, stroke it, lift it, leather seats. And I don't have to buy an overland to do that.

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 08-07-2011, 09:56 PM   #192
compcrasher86
1998 XJ Cherokee 

ps on the topic of fuel mileage

I coasted down to 65 (most efficient speed) and set cruise... no haters allowed re: this video. Flat ground, plenty of space around me, cruise control set... I get great mileage right now... the BB didnt seem to affect it much thankfully.

Edit: I know the ARB Bumper is going to screw up my aero pretty bad but we'll see... I think I'm not gunna get horrible mileage till the 3.5" RR lift and 31's that I'm planning on getting. I feel you on the 2nd gear downshift it really confuses the heck outta ya when suddenly you're doing 4k RPM and the intake is whining like a life guard's whistle. Its worse when cruise is on because it just keeps trying to put the pedal down more till it hits the floor then I have to explain to my passengers why my Jeep suddenly just accelerated randomly like a bat out of hell. Mine also likes to hold 2nd gear and go 5-6mph over what my cruise was set at.. weird

Matt
Unread 08-07-2011, 09:59 PM   #193
snobrdrkid07
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

Quote:

Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2zKYPL6wDc

no haters allowed flat ground, plenty of space around me, cruise control set... I get great mileage right now... the BB didnt seem to affect it much thankfully.
Yea that's about what I get on the flat ground on cruise. But hills it goes to shi*

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 08-07-2011, 10:27 PM   #194
Kramer H
Built and Supercharged 47

2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by comptiger5000
^ It's possible to build a stroker without raising compression. Might need custom pistons though.
I agree, buy What's the point in building a stroker motor if your not raising your compression ratio?
K8 GSXR 1000- Racefit,Comp Werks,Puig,Woodcraft,B2 Industries,55W HID'S, R&G Engineering, Two brothers, ASV, DDM, "The pantie dropper"
Kramer H is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-07-2011, 10:39 PM   #195
snobrdrkid07
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

Quote:

Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2zKYPL6wDc

I coasted down to 65 (most efficient speed) and set cruise... no haters allowed re: this video. Flat ground, plenty of space around me, cruise control set... I get great mileage right now... the BB didnt seem to affect it much thankfully.

Edit: I know the ARB Bumper is going to screw up my aero pretty bad but we'll see... I think I'm not gunna get horrible mileage till the 3.5" RR lift and 31's that I'm planning on getting. I feel you on the 2nd gear downshift it really confuses the heck outta ya when suddenly you're doing 4k RPM and the intake is whining like a life guard's whistle. Its worse when cruise is on because it just keeps trying to put the pedal down more till it hits the floor then I have to explain to my passengers why my Jeep suddenly just accelerated randomly like a bat out of hell. Mine also likes to hold 2nd gear and go 5-6mph over what my cruise was set at.. weird
Haha I have nasty kick down when on hard in 3rd gear and press even harder to kick to 2nd. It just such a hard shift. The 42re sucks balls.

Why did jeep put the 4.o and the 42re in the wjs... smh.

-Michael-

For Sale:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.