CompCrasher's 01 WJ Ltd - Page 103 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > CompCrasher's 01 WJ Ltd

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valuePremium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDG

Unread 03-18-2012, 06:24 PM   #1531
compcrasher86
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by snobrdrkid07 View Post
It is up to you honestly. Depends on how much you want. So jelly that is fits with the seats and the shade. I can still use my shade thought. If you are going to keep it though... maybe its time to color match! :P

I have 35% in the front doors (which in VA the fronts can't be any lower the 50%) The rest is stock right now. The rear doors, and the rear quarter panel windows are stock at 20% which is dark but you can still see into the Jeep. I do not want that... You can have as dark as you want on the rears.

Edit: Pictures look good on the transmission cooler. Glad you got that installed. I may hold off on mine now since the Factory cooler should be fine for now. =/

Sucks about the wing nut man. But you put one some serious ring terminals! As per your pictures you do not have nearly as many threads as I did on your bolt for the terminal. That must have been why your wing nut hit.
I'm not sure my pictures will even apply to yours actually. I mean they might, but my cooler definitely runs through the radiator and not the condenser.

I really dont even need the wing nut, I just used them cus they came with the terminals... even if it were up a couple threads, the fact that it was that close to the hood metal would make me very upset/nervous. I'm planning on gluing a small piece of plastic behind the hood insulation where the terminal punctured through just in case something happens again so it'll just hit plastic. I think the problem was my undersized battery broke loose from the factory hold down clip so thats where my strap will help me out till I get a new battery this summer

SOLD 01 WJ Ltd | i6 | QT2 | Moog HD steering | Tow Package | Boston Acoustics Audio | RB1 | Lou's Catback | Stone White |

Matt
compcrasher86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2012, 07:41 PM   #1532
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by compcrasher86 View Post
I'm not sure my pictures will even apply to yours actually. I mean they might, but my cooler definitely runs through the radiator and not the condenser.

I really dont even need the wing nut, I just used them cus they came with the terminals... even if it were up a couple threads, the fact that it was that close to the hood metal would make me very upset/nervous. I'm planning on gluing a small piece of plastic behind the hood insulation where the terminal punctured through just in case something happens again so it'll just hit plastic. I think the problem was my undersized battery broke loose from the factory hold down clip so thats where my strap will help me out till I get a new battery this summer
It would make sense that it would be in a core of the radiator. Where do you think I should look under int the FSM?

Even a bolt like you did will work just as well. A socket will get it off no problem! A little extra insulation won't hurt at all. Your battery isnt a group 65?
~ 04 WJ 4.0 | Selec-Trac 242 | MBP | OME HD 3" Lift | JKS TB | IRO Front LCA's and UCA's| Bilstein 5100's | Custom Front D.S. | Stillen Rotors/Metal Matrix Pads | Tow Package w/ 3.73's | Projectors w/ 55w HID H1 5000K Lows | Sylvania Ultra 9005 Fogs | Moog HD Steering | Kenwood eXcelon Radio | Memphis Speakers | Alpine Amps | Alpine Subs | Moog STB SS | Superchips Flashpaq | Auxiliary Transmission Cooler | Rock Lights | Light Bars ~

~ Snobrdrkid's "Build" Thread ~ YouTube Channel ~ Fuelly ~WJ 4.0 Transmission Cooler Info ~

~ 05 Rubicon Unlimited 4.0 | 6-Speed | Dana 44's | Air Lockers | 4.11 Gears | Rock-Trac 241OR T-Case with 4:1 4-Low | 2" Spacer Lift | 245/75/16 Kevlar MT/R's on Moabs | Hansen Offroad Steel F/R Bumpers | Warn 9000xi Winch | Edge Performance Chip | Custom CAI | Hella Off-road Lights | Cobra 29 CB | Flash Lights | Recovery Gear | Fire Extinguisher ~

-Michael-

For Sale:
Front XJ/TJ 2" Budget Boost. PM for details.
snobrdrkid07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2012, 10:06 PM   #1533
malibubts
2002 WJ 

Saw your post in the 'What did you do today' thread on the trans cooler and decided to head to the build thread. All the pics are awesome! It looks like it wasn't too hard of a job, how long did it take? Also what cooler did you end up going with?
Unread 03-18-2012, 11:08 PM   #1534
compcrasher86
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by malibubts View Post
Saw your post in the 'What did you do today' thread on the trans cooler and decided to head to the build thread. All the pics are awesome! It looks like it wasn't too hard of a job, how long did it take? Also what cooler did you end up going with?
Heyyy man thanks for checkin it out. I try and remember to take a ton of pics when I do something, having a decent camera on my phone makes that nice and easy plus they'll upload straight to Jeepforum. It really was not hard at all the way the soft line was located it was begging me to do this mod. I'd say all and all it took me about an hour... maybe two actually... but it should only take an hour for somebody with the right tools and some common sense. Even less if you follow my pictures haha. A chunk of my time was spent planning it out and finding good ways to route or mount stuff. Actually most of my time was honestly trying to get the soft line off the factory hard lines because mine was being a pain. Channel locks twisting it helped with that. Also the second hardest part was getting the new hoses on the factory hard lines. I dipped the tip of each hose in the puddle of ATF in my drip pan preemptively which definitely helped it out a bit.

I ended up going with an autozone brand "Compressor works" part 911676. It ran me about $40 plus a couple bucks for the extra hose. When I picked up the cooler it turned out to be a really nice solid Torqflo Plate and fin style, I was not dissapointed at all

SOLD 01 WJ Ltd | i6 | QT2 | Moog HD steering | Tow Package | Boston Acoustics Audio | RB1 | Lou's Catback | Stone White |

Matt
Unread 03-19-2012, 12:05 AM   #1535
compcrasher86
1998 XJ Cherokee 

On the topic of not wanting to clearance my fenders... I've found a solution. Rob if you have extra space in your u-haul at the end of this year... yeah ummmm lets just say I'd have no reluctance to take a saw-zall to $20 fenders
http://rochester.craigslist.org/pts/2885377470.html

Matt
Unread 03-19-2012, 12:08 AM   #1536
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Matttttttttttttttttttttt get those seats for me!
~ 04 WJ 4.0 | Selec-Trac 242 | MBP | OME HD 3" Lift | JKS TB | IRO Front LCA's and UCA's| Bilstein 5100's | Custom Front D.S. | Stillen Rotors/Metal Matrix Pads | Tow Package w/ 3.73's | Projectors w/ 55w HID H1 5000K Lows | Sylvania Ultra 9005 Fogs | Moog HD Steering | Kenwood eXcelon Radio | Memphis Speakers | Alpine Amps | Alpine Subs | Moog STB SS | Superchips Flashpaq | Auxiliary Transmission Cooler | Rock Lights | Light Bars ~

~ Snobrdrkid's "Build" Thread ~ YouTube Channel ~ Fuelly ~WJ 4.0 Transmission Cooler Info ~

~ 05 Rubicon Unlimited 4.0 | 6-Speed | Dana 44's | Air Lockers | 4.11 Gears | Rock-Trac 241OR T-Case with 4:1 4-Low | 2" Spacer Lift | 245/75/16 Kevlar MT/R's on Moabs | Hansen Offroad Steel F/R Bumpers | Warn 9000xi Winch | Edge Performance Chip | Custom CAI | Hella Off-road Lights | Cobra 29 CB | Flash Lights | Recovery Gear | Fire Extinguisher ~

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 03-19-2012, 12:21 AM   #1537
compcrasher86
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Matttttttttttttttttttttt get those seats for me!
bahahaha not bad for $100 right? Im wondering if those are my color though in which case you probably dont want em. If you lived closer totally man. If you wanna roadtrip up here and get em then by all means I'd grab em for you but errrr that much driving in the WJ... gas alone would be like.... damn

Matt
Unread 03-19-2012, 12:25 AM   #1538
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by compcrasher86 View Post
bahahaha not bad for $100 right? Im wondering if those are my color though in which case you probably dont want em. If you lived closer totally man. If you wanna roadtrip up here and get em then by all means I'd grab em for you but errrr that much driving in the WJ... gas alone would be like.... damn
Dude 100 bucks omg that is DEAL! Could you inquire the color/condition if you go pick up those fenders? I mean I would almost just saw eff it and road trip it up there for that kind of a deal. I got $125 in gas gift cards right now...

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 03-19-2012, 12:52 AM   #1539
compcrasher86
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Dude 100 bucks omg that is DEAL! Could you inquire the color/condition if you go pick up those fenders? I mean I would almost just saw eff it and road trip it up there for that kind of a deal. I got $125 in gas gift cards right now...
If I hear back from him I'll definitely look into them for you haha!

Matt
Unread 03-19-2012, 12:55 AM   #1540
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by compcrasher86
If I hear back from him I'll definitely look into them for you haha!
That sounds good man thanks for doing that!

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 03-19-2012, 01:02 AM   #1541
compcrasher86
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
That sounds good man thanks for doing that!
Well... it is 580 miles of driving each way but if you come up the least I could do is help you install them haha. Honestly I dont think its worth it but hey I wont stop ya! Looking at the fenders again they might be a bit rusty so I'm getting kind of nervous but you know what... hell I offered him $15 each and at that price I think they're worth their weight in scrap and I could just chop off the bottoms and then later down the road hmm what bushwhackers anybody? Considering they're in the process of producing them right now!

Matt
Unread 03-19-2012, 01:09 AM   #1542
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by compcrasher86

Well... it is 580 miles of driving each way but if you come up the least I could do is help you install them haha. Honestly I dont think its worth it but hey I wont stop ya! Looking at the fenders again they might be a bit rusty so I'm getting kind of nervous but you know what... hell I offered him $15 each and at that price I think they're worth their weight in scrap and I could just chop off the bottoms and then later down the road hmm what bushwhackers anybody? Considering they're in the process of producing them right now!
Hey for that low of a price. You really can't go wrong. You can always sand and repaint for a project. Cause they are spares. Haha. Is is rusted were you were going to trim it off?

What is that 9 hours one way... could do that in one day round trip. I want leather so bad. Knowing my luck it is probably that tan color. I think the gray was darker. But I guess we will know if you go pick those up. Or whatever haha.

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 03-19-2012, 02:02 AM   #1543
compcrasher86
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Yeah you know they were going to be hacked up anyways and I'd be doing some intense clearance work on em so I wouldn't bother with any rust I'd just cut it right off, it'll still look awesome and I'll keep the clean factory fenders in storage if I ever need to go back to the old ones. Jeez my solution to not doing irreversible mods is to buy more bolt-on parts to swap out with the old factory one and holding onto it until I need to sell the WJ

Matt
Unread 03-19-2012, 02:27 PM   #1544
JerzeyBoyWJ
2003 WJ 

get those fenders ...or wait untill bushwacker comes out with theres

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/jerzeyboy-03-wj-build-1155698/
JerzeyBoyWJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2012, 03:45 PM   #1545
compcrasher86
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Already arranged to get em on wednesday and I'll be doin some trimming this summer on this extra set. Talked him down to $30 for both I mean hey I can't go wrong. I'm going to bedline the trim panel line and below and pick up a set of extra cladding for the doors. Oughta look nice

Matt

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.