CompCrasher's 01 WJ Ltd - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > CompCrasher's 01 WJ Ltd

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 09-22-2010, 07:01 PM   #1
compcrasher86
1998 XJ Cherokee 

CompCrasher's 01 WJ Ltd

Hey guys, I neglected doing this on my XJ so I want to start an in-depth build thread on my 01 WJ Limited I inherited from family.

It has around 107k miles on it right now, its always been maintained well and was completely inspected before it was given to me. Mechanic who used to do all the maintenance told me its in great shape. I'll be doing all fluid changes and any maintenance from this point on

Here comes some stock info!
(All the stuff limiteds come with EXCEPT heated seats)
Stone White Exterior
Sandstone Leather Interior
4.0L i6
Quadratrac-2 (NP247)
Rear D35 Front D30 geared with 3.55's
235/65/17 Michelin AT's on Silverblades
Factory/dealer applied protective undercoating
Aftermarket Remote Starter

Stock pictures:
Front:

Rear End:

Interior:

New Keys side by side with my XJ's

It was just recently transferred into my name right after I left for college so I wont be able to touch it until november

Mods I'm doing right away are as follows:
Got myself tow hooks from a junkyard up here, I'm happy to have recovery points now:

Got a PIE aux in adaptor and then bought a dock connector --> 12v+RCA. I had to get one with a 5v transformer built in because I have an iphone and it only charges off of 5. This is a nice one plug solution and will charge and play iPods through the factory stereo. (Get to keep my steering wheel controls )

For audio I've resealed a set of WJ infinity tweeters because the ones in my WJ are blown.
Edit: See post below, new tweeters instead.

Heres the sub setup that I built in my XJ, I'm ditching the trunk box and putting the subs+amp in the WJ. Amp is going under the rear drivers side seat with a little crossmember hacking They're not for showing off (even though they can) I was sure my Polk Amp I bought had remote level control because I'm an audiophile and I tune it on the go to sound the best. I love good quality sound.

Repairs so far:

Side mirror autodim failed and leaked fluid between the panes, replaced that
Flasher module failed, pulled it apart and soldered the contacts again (works great)
Auto Climate Control blend doors fixed at dealer under extended warranty
Auto climate control knobs got stuck for whatever reason, pulled unit apart and cleaned a bunch of sticky iced tea out of it (not sure how it got there

Planned mods:
2" Rusty's BB
Bigger Tires
242 Swap
Westin Safari Light Bar (the low one because it mounts to the front skid holes not the tow hook holes) w/ 2x Hella 500ff's running 100w

SOLD 01 WJ Ltd | i6 | QT2 | Moog HD steering | Tow Package | Boston Acoustics Audio | RB1 | Lou's Catback | Stone White |

Matt
compcrasher86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2010, 07:18 PM   #2
HaViiK
2001 WJ 

Me and you are quite similiar! haha I lovee my music. But i tend to show off some.
[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/haviiks-01-wj-slow-build-1067820/"][COLOR="DarkRed"]Black HaViiK:[/COLOR][/URL] [COLOR="DarkRed"]2001 WJ, 4.0, 42re (rebuilt at 100k), 30/35, Rough Country X-Series, JCR Stage 3 Sliders, Yakima Megawarrior & Big Powderhound, Grille Guard, KC Daylighter 130w, Custom Sub Box & 2 Kicker 12" CVR
[/COLOR]
[SIZE="2"][URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f13/zj-wj-faqs-read-first-contact-mod-changes-additions-591821/"][COLOR="DarkRed"]WJ/ZJ FAQ[/COLOR][/URL][/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"][URL="http://www.facebook.com/steven.T.wright"][COLOR="DarkRed"]Facebook. Wheeling stuff in there.[/COLOR][/URL][/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"][URL="http://www.youtube.com/user/Thunderheadrcx?feature=mhee"][COLOR="DarkRed"]Youtube Channel. GoPro/Wheeling stuff[/COLOR][/URL][/SIZE]

[QUOTE=rulppa(chat);10944366]whats with people (steve) with those monster sigs. reply is usually like ':E' then 2 pages of signature lol[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Sarahdactyl;11226293]THE WINNER IS REDHOTCHILIDOG!!!!111!!1!!!!(OBNXIOUS HUGE BEEFSTEW STYLE FONT) I will PM winner for details[/QUOTE]
HaViiK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2010, 07:39 PM   #3
compcrasher86
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaViiK01WJ View Post
Me and you are quite similiar! haha I lovee my music. But i tend to show off some.
I only show off to the people in the car haha I tend to turn it down at redlights and such. When I'm on my own though I turn it down a significant bit

SOLD 01 WJ Ltd | i6 | QT2 | Moog HD steering | Tow Package | Boston Acoustics Audio | RB1 | Lou's Catback | Stone White |

Matt
Unread 09-23-2010, 08:49 AM   #4
compcrasher86
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Decided not to mess around with re-sealed tweeters. If they work fine I'm probably just going to give them away but I want to upgrade, re-sealing is a slight downgrade.

Bought a set of these:

Those are Kicker - 08KS350's. They seem to be perfectly matched power-wise to the infinity system and should fit with a little persuasion from my dremel

Matt
Unread 09-23-2010, 10:48 PM   #5
HaViiK
2001 WJ 

I did the exact same thing with Kicker 3.5". This is getting kinda weird.
[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/haviiks-01-wj-slow-build-1067820/"][COLOR="DarkRed"]Black HaViiK:[/COLOR][/URL] [COLOR="DarkRed"]2001 WJ, 4.0, 42re (rebuilt at 100k), 30/35, Rough Country X-Series, JCR Stage 3 Sliders, Yakima Megawarrior & Big Powderhound, Grille Guard, KC Daylighter 130w, Custom Sub Box & 2 Kicker 12" CVR
[/COLOR]
[SIZE="2"][URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f13/zj-wj-faqs-read-first-contact-mod-changes-additions-591821/"][COLOR="DarkRed"]WJ/ZJ FAQ[/COLOR][/URL][/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"][URL="http://www.facebook.com/steven.T.wright"][COLOR="DarkRed"]Facebook. Wheeling stuff in there.[/COLOR][/URL][/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"][URL="http://www.youtube.com/user/Thunderheadrcx?feature=mhee"][COLOR="DarkRed"]Youtube Channel. GoPro/Wheeling stuff[/COLOR][/URL][/SIZE]

[QUOTE=rulppa(chat);10944366]whats with people (steve) with those monster sigs. reply is usually like ':E' then 2 pages of signature lol[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Sarahdactyl;11226293]THE WINNER IS REDHOTCHILIDOG!!!!111!!1!!!!(OBNXIOUS HUGE BEEFSTEW STYLE FONT) I will PM winner for details[/QUOTE]
HaViiK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-23-2010, 11:11 PM   #6
compcrasher86
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaViiK01WJ View Post
I did the exact same thing with Kicker 3.5". This is getting kinda weird.
Yeah I just creeped your build thread a second ago and didn't see them on there so I definitely didn't get the idea to copy you haha. That is real weird, how did the install of them go, I know I might need to do some trimming but how much?

Also how are they holding up, I dont know if I should install a bassblocker on them or not...

Matt
Unread 09-25-2010, 11:22 AM   #7
platinum5.9
2003 WJ 

Where did you get the (PIE aux in adaptor and then bought a dock connector --> 12v+RCA) set up and how much?
03 Grand Cherokee Limited-White/Agate-4.7HO/QD-OME HD springs-1" spacers-MX6 shocks-OME SS-IRO rear links-255/75/17 BFG muds-JK Moabs-Muffler Delete-Magnaflow Cats x3-V3 Projectors 35w 5000k HID and High/Low harness w/relays-IRO Premium Sliders-SOLID D30 Cover-Fawkes stand alone shackle tabs/3/4" black shackles http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/...1/#post9902192
--Enchanted Mountain Off-road Crew--Olean NY
enchantedmountainoffroad@gmail.com
platinum5.9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2010, 11:24 AM   #8
compcrasher86
1998 XJ Cherokee 

I found the PIE adaptor on ebay for $20. Nobody had bid on it and it had an hour left so I won it for minimum bid.

I found the Dock connector off of amazon for $20

Matt
Unread 09-25-2010, 12:39 PM   #9
compcrasher86
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Hey, why not:
Off-Road Long-Range Truck Light System

hehe, I'm planning on getting a westin bar and plus these are on sale for $20... with my 20% coupon on top of that how could I ever pass that up

Matt
Unread 09-25-2010, 08:09 PM   #10
compcrasher86
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Theres a 242 X-case for a '99 WJ with 85k miles on it for $100 on craigslists, right in town. I am so damm tempted but I can't store it in my dorm room and I dont have a job right now so its not smart to be doing big upgrades.

Matt
Unread 09-25-2010, 08:20 PM   #11
MoonyJohn
Mountain Climber

2008 JK Wrangler 

Buy it, and then store it in your jeep in the meantime.

"Water covers 3/4 of the earth, Jeep covers the rest"
MoonyJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2010, 08:26 PM   #12
compcrasher86
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonyJohn View Post
Buy it, and then store it in your jeep in the meantime.
Both my two Jeeps are 400 miles away from me until november unfortunately

Matt
Unread 09-25-2010, 09:11 PM   #13
compcrasher86
1998 XJ Cherokee 

I got the lights today:

I couldnt pass them up they were $17. They win my seal of approval, these things are beefy! Probably as well constructed as a plastic light could be. Ridged and well protected. My friend comptiger5000 up here got a set for his ZJ and we hooked them up. Very impressive beam pattern and they fire FAR. Look forward to installing them on the WJ.

Light output:

Matt
Unread 09-26-2010, 12:46 AM   #14
Bama_WJ
Web Wheeler

2001 WJ 

The school cares if you keep car parts in your dorm room? That's lame.

I've kept dirty axles and rock sliders in mine before.

The Daily: 2011 Chevy Cruze Eco - Trifecta tuned and 37+ MPG

Wife's Jeep: 2006 WK Overland - OME HD Lift, 265/70/17 BFG AT's, 1.25" SpiderTrax wheel spacers, 3" Gibson Cat-Back

North Alabama Jeep
42RE Vent Mod - Seal your transmission!
YouTube. - My Video Channel
Facebook - Wheeling Pictures/Videos
The Jeep Wave. Bringing it back.
Bama_WJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2010, 09:57 AM   #15
compcrasher86
1998 XJ Cherokee 

The school, no. My roommate, yeahhh.

Matt

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.