Common Issue - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > Common Issue

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsRough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

Unread 02-26-2015, 03:46 PM   #1
JJ392
2001 WJ 

Common Issue

For all of the WJ Experts out there: Please note this thread, before continuing through this thread. If you've already been there, thank you so far!

Now this thread, I'm keeping seperated from the hyperlinked thread above, because I've looked around and noticed that there are a lot of threads involving the same problem. Yet I've found no solution to it so far.

The Common Problem

On my 01 WJ LTD, 4.7 V8 (~185,000 miles), I have the "Memory Seat Disabled" >> "Seatbelt Fastened" warning appear on my Overhead Display.. Oh, only when I go to use the feature, and not randomly.

I have powerseats, and the memory seat buttons on the driver door just above the handle. In park, car running, and not even in my seat with the seatbelt unbuckled (just to be clear); I still get the same message I mentioned above. Power seats work fine otherwise.. This feature isn't something that will CHANGE MY LIFE FOREVER, because it doesn't work; I just want to fix it.

I did read the thread with the guy that got the relatively rude welcoming... as it was recommended to someone in a different thread, and I didn't really see too much as I couldn't read through the judgment, and get the assistance from it. I wouldn't doubt that I missed something..

On a side note, I did notice that there is a cable coming out of the buckle thing (yes I am terrible with terminology I know), and it didn't have a home on the other end. poked around under the seat and couldn't find one either? Not trying to remove the seat, although I wouldn't doubt that I would need to in order for me to see where this cable is supposed to be plugged in at..

Any ideas? Highly appreciated!!

JJ392 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.