ChrisHager's 04 WJ Build Thread - Page 8 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > ChrisHager's 04 WJ Build Thread

ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail Lights

Unread 08-22-2012, 10:42 AM   #106
ChrisHager
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

Not really any updates but I had my friend E-mail me a couple pictures I took a while back when I was helping photograph a wedding. I thought it was a pretty interesting/unique sight - my jeep hidden amongst a bunch of Fords:

Edit: I just realized someone snuck a GMC in there!

ChrisHager is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-22-2012, 11:59 AM   #107
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

The Jeep fits in pretty well with the crowd!
~ 04 WJ 4.0 | Selec-Trac 242 | MBP | OME HD 3" Lift | JKS TB | IRO Front LCA's and UCA's| Bilstein 5100's | Custom Front D.S. | Stillen Rotors/Metal Matrix Pads | Tow Package w/ 3.73's | Projectors w/ 55w HID H1 5000K Lows | Sylvania Ultra 9005 Fogs | Moog HD Steering | Kenwood eXcelon Radio | Memphis Speakers | Alpine Amps | Alpine Subs | Moog STB SS | Superchips Flashpaq | Auxiliary Transmission Cooler | Rock Lights | Light Bars ~

~ Snobrdrkid's "Build" Thread ~ YouTube Channel ~ Fuelly ~WJ 4.0 Transmission Cooler Info ~

~ 05 Rubicon Unlimited 4.0 | 6-Speed | Dana 44's | Air Lockers | 4.11 Gears | Rock-Trac 241OR T-Case with 4:1 4-Low | 2" Spacer Lift | 245/75/16 Kevlar MT/R's on Moabs | Hansen Offroad Steel F/R Bumpers | Warn 9000xi Winch | Edge Performance Chip | Custom CAI | Hella Off-road Lights | Cobra 29 CB | Flash Lights | Recovery Gear | Fire Extinguisher ~

-Michael-

For Sale:
Front XJ/TJ 2" Budget Boost. PM for details.
snobrdrkid07 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-22-2012, 12:15 PM   #108
ChrisHager
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

I, too, thought it fit in well. I half expected to turn around and see a little SUV amongst the large trucks. It held it's own!
Unread 08-22-2012, 03:00 PM   #109
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

It really did, maybe that'd be different if it wasn't lifted some!
~ 04 WJ 4.0 | Selec-Trac 242 | MBP | OME HD 3" Lift | JKS TB | IRO Front LCA's and UCA's| Bilstein 5100's | Custom Front D.S. | Stillen Rotors/Metal Matrix Pads | Tow Package w/ 3.73's | Projectors w/ 55w HID H1 5000K Lows | Sylvania Ultra 9005 Fogs | Moog HD Steering | Kenwood eXcelon Radio | Memphis Speakers | Alpine Amps | Alpine Subs | Moog STB SS | Superchips Flashpaq | Auxiliary Transmission Cooler | Rock Lights | Light Bars ~

~ Snobrdrkid's "Build" Thread ~ YouTube Channel ~ Fuelly ~WJ 4.0 Transmission Cooler Info ~

~ 05 Rubicon Unlimited 4.0 | 6-Speed | Dana 44's | Air Lockers | 4.11 Gears | Rock-Trac 241OR T-Case with 4:1 4-Low | 2" Spacer Lift | 245/75/16 Kevlar MT/R's on Moabs | Hansen Offroad Steel F/R Bumpers | Warn 9000xi Winch | Edge Performance Chip | Custom CAI | Hella Off-road Lights | Cobra 29 CB | Flash Lights | Recovery Gear | Fire Extinguisher ~

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 08-22-2012, 04:10 PM   #110
ChrisHager
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

The lift/tires help it stand up to the trucks quite a bit. I notice now when I follow another WJ, I can see the top of its roof from the driver's seat. I'm sure it helps that my seat is in its furthest back and highest position but the lift and tires definitely moved the jeep up as a whole about 3-4 inches.
Unread 08-24-2012, 04:55 PM   #111
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Yeah, I am only about 2.75 inches in the front and about 2.5 in the rear. But when I get some bigger tires on it, then it will make it look even more aggressive. There are some jeeps that are sooooo sagged down and it makes mine look like its lifted like 5 inches!

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 08-28-2012, 03:30 PM   #112
ChrisHager
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

I did a little towing this past weekend - first time for the WJ using a 'real' trailer, which I found did pretty good! The trailer I was pulling was 20' long, dual axle, NO brakes (who would have thought!).

My brother bought his first house so we loaded him and his girlfriends apartment onto the trailer. We loaded it down pretty well and was able to fit most of the apartment all in one load. These pictures aren't the best but they give you an idea of what I was pulling.

I had hardly any sag on the rear and had very little issues with braking. I drove more cautiously than normal while pulling the load but never thought that I NEEDED more braking power. In an emergency stop situation, I feel confident saying I would absolutely need more brakes. I also found that with overdrive off, the 4.0 can easily hold 55-60 mph with a load. I turned overdrive on a couple times just to see how it acted - no way could it be done in OD. Acceleration: 0 - 40 on flat road is no problem. Higher speeds take quite a bit to get there.
Unread 08-28-2012, 03:33 PM   #113
alwaysHI
2003 WJ 

That's a big effn trailer!
alwaysHI is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-28-2012, 03:38 PM   #114
ChrisHager
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

Yeah it was a little longer than I expected. I borrowed it from a friend who said it was 20'. I never laid a tape down on it but I wonder if 20' is a bit of an understatement. It was quite wide as well. I could EASILY fit the TJ on it, maybe two back to back.

I was also surprised it had no brakes. It sure followed the WJ well though!
Unread 08-28-2012, 03:38 PM   #115
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Yup that is a decent size trailer there. Biggest i've pulled was a 22 foot center console boat with tandem axle trailer and surge breaks. Around town with over drive off was do-able. On the highway, don't think that would have worked. haha.

Tandem trailers always tow much better then just single axle trailers too.

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 09-05-2012, 11:49 AM   #116
ChrisHager
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

On the way from my brother's new house to my grandparents house this past Saturday, I stumbled across a Barn Sale. Apparently, this guy is sort of a picker - he finds some cool stuff and sells it out of a barn about 10-15 miles from my house. Well naturally, the wife wanted to stop in and see what kind of crap we could buy. Little did we know...

From a little Google searching, it appears to be a 1954 20L Jerry Can (hints the stamps). The sides are stamped with FFA - Forces Françaises en Allemagne - which means it's from the French Army in Germany. It's in great shape as well. Picked it up for $25!

Unread 09-05-2012, 11:51 AM   #117
ChrisHager
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by snobrdrkid07 View Post
Yup that is a decent size trailer there. Biggest i've pulled was a 22 foot center console boat with tandem axle trailer and surge breaks. Around town with over drive off was do-able. On the highway, don't think that would have worked. haha.

Tandem trailers always tow much better then just single axle trailers too.
I forgot to post back but I talked to my friend who lent me the trailer. He said he *thinks* it's actually a 23'. If I ever borrow it again, I'm going to throw a tape on it and find out what size it really is. Do they measure trailers by their deck size or over all length from tongue to gate?
Unread 09-05-2012, 12:06 PM   #118
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Nice Score on the Jerry Can, that thing is cool. I love that kinda stuff. American Pickers! Many trailers sales are listed as, for example this 6.5 x 12 trailer I towed around this summer, means 6.5 feet wide and 12 feet long. That is the deck size. NOT, the LOA or overall width. It was close to 16 feet overall if I had to guess. The deck to the tongue was a solid 3 feet maybe 4

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 09-26-2012, 08:32 AM   #119
ChrisHager
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

New addition to the family of Jeeps! My mom's mustang was recently totaled so she was in the market for a new vehicle. She wanted an SUV and found she liked the Jeep Patriot quite a bit. 2011 Latitude with I believe Freedom Drive I. I checked it out for a few minutes last night and thought it was pretty cool, especially to get her safely to and from work (4x4 will be handy for the snow) while getting decent fuel mileage.

Unread 09-26-2012, 10:10 AM   #120
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Very cool man! I feel like that will be a perfect mom vehicle too!

-Michael-

For Sale:

Tags
build thread , chrishager , grand cherokee , ome hd , wj

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.