ChrisHager's 04 WJ Build Thread - Page 7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > ChrisHager's 04 WJ Build Thread

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueSPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Jeep Grand Cherokee Mirror - Side View

Unread 07-16-2012, 04:11 PM   #91
ChrisHager
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

That's what I'm betting on as well. I'm used to driving an empty WJ occupied by only myself at a max speed of 55-60. We had 3 adults and the entire rear loaded with camping gear and coolers driving down the interstate. I had aired up the tires but only to 32. I imagine if I bumped them up to 35, that would have helped quite a bit.

ChrisHager's 'Grilled' Thread

WJ Torque Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyooooooh View Post
But ChrisHager makes me want to poor water on a burning bucket of gasoline now just out of curiosity.
Quote:
Originally Posted by billzcat1 View Post
The latest lift kit from Rough Country? :D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeeples View Post
Your symptoms sounds just like what it does when it's not doing what it should because of how it is.
ChrisHager is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2012, 08:14 PM   #92
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

That may have just been it. Driving very loaded down compared to empty/normal is a night and day difference.
~ 04 WJ 4.0 | Selec-Trac 242 | MBP | OME HD 3" Lift | JKS TB | IRO Front LCA's and UCA's| Bilstein 5100's | Custom Front D.S. | Stillen Rotors/Metal Matrix Pads | Tow Package w/ 3.73's | Projectors w/ 55w HID H1 5000K Lows | Sylvania Ultra 9005 Fogs | Moog HD Steering | Kenwood eXcelon Radio | Memphis Speakers | Alpine Amps | Alpine Subs | Moog STB SS | Superchips Flashpaq | Auxiliary Transmission Cooler | Rock Lights | Light Bars ~

~ Snobrdrkid's "Build" Thread ~ YouTube Channel ~ Fuelly ~WJ 4.0 Transmission Cooler Info ~

~ 05 Rubicon Unlimited 4.0 | 6-Speed | Dana 44's | Air Lockers | 4.11 Gears | Rock-Trac 241OR T-Case with 4:1 4-Low | 2" Spacer Lift | 245/75/16 Kevlar MT/R's on Moabs | Hansen Offroad Steel F/R Bumpers | Warn 9000xi Winch | Edge Performance Chip | Custom CAI | Hella Off-road Lights | Cobra 29 CB | Flash Lights | Recovery Gear | Fire Extinguisher ~

-Michael-

For Sale:
Front XJ/TJ 2" Budget Boost. PM for details.
snobrdrkid07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-19-2012, 03:59 PM   #93
ChrisHager
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

I used the WJ to haul some wood recently. A friend has been working a job site in which some trees had to come down. The land owner is in the position where he is going to have to chip and haul out all the wood. He gave us permission to carry out what we want before he has to pay to get rid of it - great situation in which we both benefit. Anyways here's a couple pictures on how to move wood fast. With heat index ratings over 100, you don't want to cut/hand load wood unless you have to.

WJ Torque Specs

Quote:
But ChrisHager makes me want to poor water on a burning bucket of gasoline now just out of curiosity.
Quote:
Quote:
Your symptoms sounds just like what it does when it's not doing what it should because of how it is.
Unread 07-19-2012, 11:40 PM   #94
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

I've gotten to operate one of those excavators before, oh my that was an absolute blast. It was about that size too, was able to just knock down trees with ease! We were using it to cut trails on our land. Anyways, glad you got some firewood out of that deal!
~ 04 WJ 4.0 | Selec-Trac 242 | MBP | OME HD 3" Lift | JKS TB | IRO Front LCA's and UCA's| Bilstein 5100's | Custom Front D.S. | Stillen Rotors/Metal Matrix Pads | Tow Package w/ 3.73's | Projectors w/ 55w HID H1 5000K Lows | Sylvania Ultra 9005 Fogs | Moog HD Steering | Kenwood eXcelon Radio | Memphis Speakers | Alpine Amps | Alpine Subs | Moog STB SS | Superchips Flashpaq | Auxiliary Transmission Cooler | Rock Lights | Light Bars ~

~ Snobrdrkid's "Build" Thread ~ YouTube Channel ~ Fuelly ~WJ 4.0 Transmission Cooler Info ~

~ 05 Rubicon Unlimited 4.0 | 6-Speed | Dana 44's | Air Lockers | 4.11 Gears | Rock-Trac 241OR T-Case with 4:1 4-Low | 2" Spacer Lift | 245/75/16 Kevlar MT/R's on Moabs | Hansen Offroad Steel F/R Bumpers | Warn 9000xi Winch | Edge Performance Chip | Custom CAI | Hella Off-road Lights | Cobra 29 CB | Flash Lights | Recovery Gear | Fire Extinguisher ~

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 07-25-2012, 08:29 PM   #95
JeepinCountey

Hey bro, I've been lurking around this forum for about a month now and finally decided to join. I really like the look of your jeep. I currently don't have a jeep but am hoping to pick up a WJ when i go back home for leave. I hope mine turns out as good looking as yours. Keep up the good work bro.
JeepinCountey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2012, 09:16 AM   #96
ChrisHager
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

Thanks! This jeep has been a fun journey. In the past year, I've had more of this thing apart and back together than I would have expected. The wife has picked up the hobby of sitting in the garage and reading while I work on it just to be able to spend time with me! Haha.

As a small update, I was out at my cousin's vineyard/farm yesterday and checked out the property a bit. Drove in the sticks a little ways which was fun. Check this out:

And the resulting effect:

That is indeed a dock. This drought is taking a toll on the crops out here.

I also stumbled across an interesting CB quark. I keyed up and noticed the sound from my radio cut out. Once I let off the mic, the sound came back. TRLWGN1 is suspecting I have a bad ground somewhere... I'm honestly thinking about moving my antenna. I love the sleek mounting spot but I've had little issues here and there with it, including the fact that I think I'm only reaching out 1 mile on the interstate. It's also annoying having to remove the wipers to work on the antenna. So, here's my options:

I can use the hood channel mount like I originally intended.
I can do the typical tail light mount.
I can keep fiddling with where it is now and see if I can come up with how to get it working properly.

Thoughts?

WJ Torque Specs

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Unread 07-28-2012, 02:49 PM   #97
ChrisHager
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

Per request, here is a video of the KOR bushings. They seem to be doing an awesome job. If this link doesn't work, blame it on the fact that I'm on my phone. :-)

http://s1103.photobucket.com/albums/...=VIDEO0008.mp4

WJ Torque Specs

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Unread 07-28-2012, 03:44 PM   #98
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Link didn't work. Go to photo bucket app and then paste in the direct link. That should do it. I was able to view the video via the link that came through with the email notification. Lot less play compared to the JKS poly bushings.

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 07-30-2012, 12:09 AM   #99
techRob
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisHager View Post
Per request, here is a video of the KOR bushings. They seem to be doing an awesome job. If this link doesn't work, blame it on the fact that I'm on my phone. :-)

http://vid1103.photobucket.com/album.../VIDEO0008.mp4
techRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-30-2012, 07:20 AM   #100
ChrisHager
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

I edited my previous post with the bad link.

Thanks techRob for posting that as well!

WJ Torque Specs

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Unread 07-31-2012, 09:14 AM   #101
thinde88
2003 WJ 

You still happy with the 245/75/16 tire choice Chris? I hope to lift the WJ soon and was thinking of doing just about the exact same setup as you. I dont like when the tires look out of proportion to the lift and fenders. Yours looks great, Im just worried later on that I might not be happy and wished I went larger from the start. Im thinking if I should just wait a bit longer and do the IRO 4" long arm with a slightly larger tire and call it good. It all adds up though!
thinde88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2012, 09:51 AM   #102
ChrisHager
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

I am happy currently with the 245/75R16 tire size and the DuraTracs as well. Part of me wishes I went with 265/75R16 but ultimately I'm glad I didn't. The 30.5" tire required trimming the front fascia a little (2.75" total lift, 1.5" wheel spacers) for on road use. Last time I disconnected and went off road, I found I'm still grabbing the front fascia while flexing 'some'. Now that some of my time is freeing up, I'm going to take it to a friends, disconnect, and flex with a fork lift to see how much more needs to come off. Mind you, I'm still running stock bump stops.

I honestly feel that if I was running a 265/75R16 tire, I would need to throw on at least another 3/4" and still trim. There are people who say they are doing this without rub but most likely these people don't have wheel spacers and find the most flex they achieve is turning from the road to their inclined driveways.

Now if you don't mind trimming more and/or increasing bump stops (reducing up travel), I imagine a 265/75R16 would be fine.

Lastly, if you think you will want to go to 4" or more eventually, want larger tires, and plan to wheel, it may be advisable to save up now and do it once by going with the IRO (or really any reputable company) long arms. Just my thoughts.

WJ Torque Specs

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Unread 07-31-2012, 10:24 AM   #103
thinde88
2003 WJ 

Alright thanks for the info. I'll stick with the 245's for sure if I go with OME. I picked up a 03 overland with 85k miles on it a few months ago and really like it. I plan on keeping it a while, I just wish there was a little more off road around Chicago to justify the extra cost of a long arm lift! The only thing I know for sure is I want those duratracs.
thinde88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2012, 08:27 AM   #104
ChrisHager
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

Small update - Recently I've felt the WJ had a little sway to it when cornering, almost as if it was tucking in to the turn. This was most noticeable at higher speeds when following a bend in the road. I had originally installed the Zone sway bar end links when I installed the OME HD lift. After a talking to billzcat1 a while back and finding that ideally, you want the sway bar to sit at 0, I decided I would switch back to the OEM end links.

Here's the angle I had with the Zone end links:

And here's one with the OEM links:

I realize the 'after' picture means nothing without a level on it. I will try to swap that picture out with a better one when I can get back into my garage (borrowed floor space)! Either way, perhaps I'm working with the placebo affect but I feel like it follows curves at higher speeds a bit better.

WJ Torque Specs

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Unread 08-06-2012, 10:29 AM   #105
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

I had read that Billz had mentioned the same thing, keeping the stock sway links in the front was perfectly acceptable. So, no reason to replace mine now. They were on the list prior too. But, like he had said, keeping them closer to 0 degrees is the optimal angle.

-Michael-

For Sale:

Tags
build thread , chrishager , grand cherokee , ome hd , wj

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.