ChrisHager's 04 WJ Build Thread - Page 15 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > ChrisHager's 04 WJ Build Thread

Bds fox ipf 2.0 racing series shocks now available at rockYukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon ZipANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete

Unread 05-07-2013, 09:26 AM   #211
TRLWGN1
2000 TJ Wrangler 

how about the passenger rear door/fender?

TRLWGN1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-07-2013, 09:27 AM   #212
ChrisHager
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

I don't think that was as bad. I think my drivers door was the worst. I ran the buffer and compound over the whole jeep though.
ChrisHager is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-13-2013, 12:05 PM   #213
ChrisHager
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

I'm about to place an order for some parts and just remembered I need to replace my U-Joints (I've had a clunk when switching between park and reverse for well over a year). From a past forum thread, the consensus is that the non-greasable U-Joints are actually stronger than the greasable type. On top of that, typically you can't grease them once they are installed anyway. So with that said, do people agree/disagree? Any preference in brand? I figure while I'm at it, I may as well do the front. I need to verify but I'm pretty sure I have the Double Cardan - Rezeppa type drive shaft:

Unread 05-13-2013, 12:20 PM   #214
ZB_WJ
2004 WJ 

I put on greaseable and wish I went with non. The grease fitting "hollows" out a portion of the joint, thus makes it weaker. Mine have been in for about 4-6 months and havent had any problems yet.

Brand: I just went with the middle grade and am
happy with quality.

If you don't have a vise, get one or borrow one.

This forum is a double edge blade, it's saved me thousands in repairs and cost me thousands in mods
ZB_WJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-13-2013, 12:23 PM   #215
ChrisHager
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

Ironically, I do not have a vice! I've done plenty of U-Joints and know a vice makes a difference. This will probably be one of those 'yeah, honey, I needed to buy this to finish the project' kind of purchases come Friday night.

Per brand, I'm debating on getting the 'whatever' brand or if I should go with Spicer. If I go with Brand X, is there any in particular that stand out (Moog)?
Unread 05-13-2013, 01:24 PM   #216
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

I agree, the greasable are weaker because of the hollowed out center. I used a solid Moog U-Joint, (non-greasable). I was impressed with that.

I'd be surprised if you had the double cardan - rezeppa. I had the Rezeppa-Fixed yoke on my Jeep. Go look!
~ 04 WJ 4.0 | Selec-Trac 242 | MBP | OME HD 3" Lift | JKS TB | IRO Front LCA's and UCA's| Bilstein 5100's | Custom Front D.S. | Stillen Rotors/Metal Matrix Pads | Tow Package w/ 3.73's | Projectors w/ 55w HID H1 5000K Lows | Sylvania Ultra 9005 Fogs | Moog HD Steering | Kenwood eXcelon Radio | Memphis Speakers | Alpine Amps | Alpine Subs | Moog STB SS | Superchips Flashpaq | Auxiliary Transmission Cooler | Rock Lights | Light Bars ~

~ Snobrdrkid's "Build" Thread ~ YouTube Channel ~ Fuelly ~WJ 4.0 Transmission Cooler Info ~

~ 05 Rubicon Unlimited 4.0 | 6-Speed | Dana 44's | Air Lockers | 4.11 Gears | Rock-Trac 241OR T-Case with 4:1 4-Low | 2" Spacer Lift | 245/75/16 Kevlar MT/R's on Moabs | Hansen Offroad Steel F/R Bumpers | Warn 9000xi Winch | Edge Performance Chip | Custom CAI | Hella Off-road Lights | Cobra 29 CB | Flash Lights | Recovery Gear | Fire Extinguisher ~

-Michael-

For Sale:
Front XJ/TJ 2" Budget Boost. PM for details.
snobrdrkid07 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-13-2013, 01:48 PM   #217
ChrisHager
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

You're right. I have the Rezeppa - Fixed Yoke drive shaft in the front.

Front at D30

Front at Transfer Case

Rear at Transfer Case

Rear at D35

Unread 05-13-2013, 01:50 PM   #218
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Ahh, that is what I thought! Do you have California Emissions? I am seeing more O2 sensors then I recall on mine. Or at least a different y-pipe.
~ 04 WJ 4.0 | Selec-Trac 242 | MBP | OME HD 3" Lift | JKS TB | IRO Front LCA's and UCA's| Bilstein 5100's | Custom Front D.S. | Stillen Rotors/Metal Matrix Pads | Tow Package w/ 3.73's | Projectors w/ 55w HID H1 5000K Lows | Sylvania Ultra 9005 Fogs | Moog HD Steering | Kenwood eXcelon Radio | Memphis Speakers | Alpine Amps | Alpine Subs | Moog STB SS | Superchips Flashpaq | Auxiliary Transmission Cooler | Rock Lights | Light Bars ~

~ Snobrdrkid's "Build" Thread ~ YouTube Channel ~ Fuelly ~WJ 4.0 Transmission Cooler Info ~

~ 05 Rubicon Unlimited 4.0 | 6-Speed | Dana 44's | Air Lockers | 4.11 Gears | Rock-Trac 241OR T-Case with 4:1 4-Low | 2" Spacer Lift | 245/75/16 Kevlar MT/R's on Moabs | Hansen Offroad Steel F/R Bumpers | Warn 9000xi Winch | Edge Performance Chip | Custom CAI | Hella Off-road Lights | Cobra 29 CB | Flash Lights | Recovery Gear | Fire Extinguisher ~

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 05-13-2013, 02:01 PM   #219
ChrisHager
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

Not to my knowledge. Here's what my build sheet says:

NAS 50 State Emissions
NBGP Federal Tier 2, Bin 9A Emissions
Unread 05-13-2013, 02:33 PM   #220
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Weird, we have the same emissions. I'm gonna go snag a picture, because I think mine is different.

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 06-18-2013, 10:41 AM   #221
ChrisHager
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

Few updates, mainly just to pop in and say hi! I haven't been on for the last few weeks because of family issues along with the birth of Elias Scott!

Let's see... I started re-waxing the WJ. I finished the roof, hood, and rear hatch. I still need to do the sides. I'm trying to clean it up because ReJeana will be driving it for the next 6 weeks.

Shiny:

Since I now have the TJ, I decided to take the top off and leave the doors/windows at home on Saturday. It seemed like a good idea at the time. Turns out, driving in a downpour will fill up the foot wells. Who'd have though!? While I was at it, I decided to check out the timber at Mom's house. I went against my better judgement and drove all the way to the bottom. Well, since it had been pouring all day, our clay like mud made it impossible to drive back up and out of the woods. Fortunately, I had my chainsaw with me and was able to make a new path and climb out. Needless to say, I still had the doors and windows out resulting in a little mud finding its way into the interior.

It isn't too bad and will only take a little while to get it cleaned up. I'm thinking Friday may be a great day to put it back like I found it. I'm trying to leave the top off as much as possible to get the carpet dried out but I'm afraid another storm will pop up. I may have to pull the carpet if it's still wet come Friday. I'm surprised the wife just looked at me and shook her head.

Lastly, being the first Father's Day for me to celebrate, my father-in-law bought me one of these little fella's:

I'm excited to use it!
Unread 06-18-2013, 11:26 AM   #222
CRJEeP_wj
2002 WJ 

Congrats on the baby! I just took a look through your grill thread, looks awesome now im hungry for some bacon wrapped bbq.
Unread 06-18-2013, 01:38 PM   #223
ChrisHager
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

Thanks! We are excited!

I need to fire up the bacon wrapped stuffed brats again. It's been quite a while!
Unread 06-18-2013, 01:40 PM   #224
ChrisHager
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

Oh, and random picture of the woods on Saturday. I had to cut a path up the hill at the front right of the jeep to get out.

Unread 07-01-2013, 09:40 AM   #225
ChrisHager
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

I've still been daily driving the TJ - I have about a month left before I get Wendy back. I'll will say, I love the TJ as a toy but after the last few weeks of driving it daily, I've decided my lifestyle doesn't really allow me to use a TJ as a full time DD. I actually had to borrow my WJ the other day just to haul a little trash.

Here are a couple random pictures I had to snap the other day. The white TJ is TRLWGN1's. It makes mine look like a little toy.

In other news, Elias came out to the garage to visit the other day. I handed him a wrench and he wouldn't let go of the darn thing! He's going to be a good helper when he gets a little older!

Oh and lastly, I followed this for a bit on my way home the other day. Interesting, to say the least!

Tags
build thread , chrishager , grand cherokee , ome hd , wj

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.