ChrisHager's 04 WJ Build Thread - Page 11 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > ChrisHager's 04 WJ Build Thread

Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 01-14-2013, 12:41 PM   #151
WJChris
Four Badges

1999 WJ 

After selling mine, I say keep it.

WJChris is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-14-2013, 12:53 PM   #152
ChrisHager
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeJay4490 View Post
Only thing I can think of is older trucks break down more?
I guess that kind of depends. If it's maintained properly (which I'm excellent about), it shouldn't have any more issues than today's vehicles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeJay4490 View Post
do you wanna give up your comfort?
That's a good point to consider. I think I'd be alright being that I'm used to driving trucks that aren't 'fancy' (93 F-250 and a 96 F-250 back when) though the 79 will be quite different from the WJ. I borrowed by brother's car once that has all the fancy controls and things on the steering wheel. After using for one day, I was missing not having them in the WJ!
ChrisHager is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-14-2013, 09:47 PM   #153
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Well to be honest man, the WJ is a family SUV. It was marketed as that too, the family soccer mom Jeep. I feel like you are in a good positing with the TJ, paid off, keep it. The WJ is a good family car in my opinion. The J10 will be a good project second truck. Now is the WJ, being mod'ed too high up from a baby seat or something. Any reasons that you are considering taking the WJ out of the equation? If she were to drive the WJ and you the J10?
~ 04 WJ 4.0 | Selec-Trac 242 | MBP | OME HD 3" Lift | JKS TB | IRO Front LCA's and UCA's| Bilstein 5100's | Custom Front D.S. | Stillen Rotors/Metal Matrix Pads | Tow Package w/ 3.73's | Projectors w/ 55w HID H1 5000K Lows | Sylvania Ultra 9005 Fogs | Moog HD Steering | Kenwood eXcelon Radio | Memphis Speakers | Alpine Amps | Alpine Subs | Moog STB SS | Superchips Flashpaq | Auxiliary Transmission Cooler | Rock Lights | Light Bars ~

~ Snobrdrkid's "Build" Thread ~ YouTube Channel ~ Fuelly ~WJ 4.0 Transmission Cooler Info ~

~ 05 Rubicon Unlimited 4.0 | 6-Speed | Dana 44's | Air Lockers | 4.11 Gears | Rock-Trac 241OR T-Case with 4:1 4-Low | 2" Spacer Lift | 245/75/16 Kevlar MT/R's on Moabs | Hansen Offroad Steel F/R Bumpers | Warn 9000xi Winch | Edge Performance Chip | Custom CAI | Hella Off-road Lights | Cobra 29 CB | Flash Lights | Recovery Gear | Fire Extinguisher ~

-Michael-

For Sale:
Front XJ/TJ 2" Budget Boost. PM for details.
snobrdrkid07 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-14-2013, 10:16 PM   #154
ChrisHager
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

Well, after debating and talking to her about it, she said she wanted to sell the TJ because it's more reasonable that way. I don't want her to do that. I'm starting to think about sharing the WJ for whomever is taking baby boy that day and driving the TJ or the J10 for the other person. I feel that may be a good compromise...? It's not so much that we don't have the money, more of which we should get rid of. Like I said earlier, 4 vehicles for two of us isn't necessary...

That and we both love our jeeps. It's difficult. If I had it my way, we would have the TJ, WJ, J10, a new SUV for her, and a Dodge Power Wagon. We can all dream though...
Unread 01-14-2013, 11:20 PM   #155
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

It is a tough call man, something you and her would have to continue to talk about. Consider a smaller Crossover SUV with full time 4wd as a safe DD? The J-10 is going to be a bit of a project or tinker from what you have been saying. Plus I would hate to see you sell the WJ after all that you have done to it. Nor do I think anyone will say sell here on the forum. Sounds like you will have another big big "project" in ~7 months now?
~ 04 WJ 4.0 | Selec-Trac 242 | MBP | OME HD 3" Lift | JKS TB | IRO Front LCA's and UCA's| Bilstein 5100's | Custom Front D.S. | Stillen Rotors/Metal Matrix Pads | Tow Package w/ 3.73's | Projectors w/ 55w HID H1 5000K Lows | Sylvania Ultra 9005 Fogs | Moog HD Steering | Kenwood eXcelon Radio | Memphis Speakers | Alpine Amps | Alpine Subs | Moog STB SS | Superchips Flashpaq | Auxiliary Transmission Cooler | Rock Lights | Light Bars ~

~ Snobrdrkid's "Build" Thread ~ YouTube Channel ~ Fuelly ~WJ 4.0 Transmission Cooler Info ~

~ 05 Rubicon Unlimited 4.0 | 6-Speed | Dana 44's | Air Lockers | 4.11 Gears | Rock-Trac 241OR T-Case with 4:1 4-Low | 2" Spacer Lift | 245/75/16 Kevlar MT/R's on Moabs | Hansen Offroad Steel F/R Bumpers | Warn 9000xi Winch | Edge Performance Chip | Custom CAI | Hella Off-road Lights | Cobra 29 CB | Flash Lights | Recovery Gear | Fire Extinguisher ~

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 01-15-2013, 08:14 AM   #156
ChrisHager
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

Yeah I'll need to tinker a little on the J-10 but I believe it's in running condition as it sits.

I would hate to sell the WJ as well. I love it. Maybe we should just embrace owning 4 vehicles. Hahaha.

I do have a big big project on the way... in 4.5 months!
Unread 01-16-2013, 09:39 AM   #157
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Maybe for appeasement purposes for the time being, start looking for the what she wants. I can not comment on the dynamics of your marriage but I am pretty sure that it is going to be about here for the next good span on time. Which there is nothing wrong with that! I mean, we just got the Compass and that is a great little fuel efficient (for a Jeep) daily driver. My stepmom is averaging 26-27 on mostly highway and some city. Not bad.

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 01-16-2013, 10:11 AM   #158
ChrisHager
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

Hahahaha. While that is a good idea, we are in the process of paying off a bunch of small bills thus encouraging us to wait as long as possible to buy her a new SUV. She doesn't mind driving the WJ so I'm thinking for now, we will keep the WJ and the TJ, I'll buy the J-10, and she can drive the WJ. Everyone's happy. I'll deal with the 4th vehicle when the time comes. Haha.

At least, these are my thoughts...

For now, the WJ is safe though (I don't want to get rid of it either). If I can only have one or the other, the WJ will most likely be the winner. It makes sense that way.
Unread 01-16-2013, 10:22 AM   #159
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

I personally feel that the WJ would protect somebody much better over the TJ in an accident. I don't think anyone would disagree with me/us there. God forbid it ever came to that but, just saying.

I mean you can even swap Jeeps when needed too, like you said. You really want that J-10 don't you? Haha.

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 01-16-2013, 10:29 AM   #160
ChrisHager
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

Agreed. While many people mix babies and TJ's and feel comfortable doing so, we do not. The WJ will be much better.

I do really want the J-10. It would be perfect for cutting/hauling wood. I can get to some pretty tight spots if needed in it. Plus, a 360 with twin sticks and a 6.32:1 granny low 1st with lockout hubs... That's a pretty beastly setup...

I've always been sort of a truck guy. I started out my driving a Ford Taurus then switched to a Pontiac Grand Am. After that, I switched over to trucks. Since then, I've had very little want to go back to a car (and that want is only for the fuel mileage). The WJ gives me a truck feeling while adding in some luxuries. Lately, I've been finding myself needing an actual truck more and more. In fact, RJ and I were talking about the errands I need to run Saturday morning. If I can't fit a cabinet in the back of the WJ, I might have to take two trips into town - one for plywood (loaded on a trailer) and one for the cabinet she bought (again, loaded on a trailer). That's a pain and is taking away from my already limited amount of time (I'm finishing installing wood floors in the last two rooms of the house).
Unread 01-17-2013, 12:00 PM   #161
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

That really sounds like an awesome setup! I would not mind having one of those either!

I do want a car for a DD and I don't think it is going to happen but that would be cool lol. But, being up high in the Jeep is really nice though.

Do you have a trailer that you can haul around? While a pick-up is easier then a trailer, it still does the Job.

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 01-17-2013, 01:43 PM   #162
ChrisHager
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

I do indeed. It's handy!

Here it is helping with a little wood hauling. It's about 4'x8' which is great for hauling plywood (will be doing just that within the next few days).

I think my point is, with a truck, I can haul wood in both the truck and trailer - less trips back and forth to the pile.

Unread 01-17-2013, 10:25 PM   #163
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Oh that is great size to have around. Any bigger and it can be more of hassle if you don't need it. I lugged around an 18 foot LOA trailer last summer for my lawnmower and some tools. Overkill much, yea, but it was the only one we had lol. Did come in handy for when I needed to get tons of mulch!

Really liking the 30.5" tires on the WJ too!

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 01-18-2013, 08:31 AM   #164
ChrisHager
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

I do like the size of it. It's my Grandpa's trailer. We 'share' it as he doesn't use it too often. My brother and I just re-wired new lights for it as well which is nice.

I've pulled long trailers. They are a pain sometimes besides the fact that they are extremely easy to back. Backing the 23' trailer I used to help my brother and his girlfriend move was awesome.

The 30.5" tires are just right for the OME lift, in my opinion. Assuming I do keep the WJ for years to come, I'm considering bumping up to 32" and 3/4" spacers next time... Maybe 33" and cut the fenders. I have a looong time to think about that though considering the DuraTracs are wearing great!
Unread 01-18-2013, 05:22 PM   #165
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

We did LED lights on the trailer, best upgrade. Dont have to worry about bulbs pretty much ever and they come on quick. Right, the bigger trailers, especially tandem trailer, tow much better and handle better. Biggest load I towed was a 22 foot boat with the Rubicon lol.

Considering DD and such, I think the 30.5 is the way to go. 245/70-17's. I don't want to deal with rubbing trimming, etc. The bigger tires looks sweet I just don't want to trim!

-Michael-

For Sale:

Tags
build thread , chrishager , grand cherokee , ome hd , wj

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.