Cash for old Catalytic Converter? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > Cash for old Catalytic Converter?

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 06-23-2010, 08:04 PM   #1
ZJ5point2GCL
1998 ZJ 

Cash for old Catalytic Converter?

I am not sure if this is the right place to post, but i just installed a magnaflow cat, and was wondering what to do with the factory one. A while back i heard about catalytic converters being stolen allot in the US, so i assume they are worth some. Does anyone know where to take them for cash? has anyone?

Around here i don't think you could get much for it, but ill be going to portland in a couple weeks, and wanted to know if it was worth taking with me?

Thanks for your Help.

Unread 06-23-2010, 08:11 PM   #2
PCJona
2002 WJ 

google is your amigo
PCJona is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-23-2010, 08:15 PM   #3
AEagle326
1995 ZJ 

do a craigslist search for a scrap metal company. they will pay about $40 minimum for a converter. atleast in my area they do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by squashman702 View Post
You can never go wrong with an Orvis.
AEagle326 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-23-2010, 10:06 PM   #4
soul_Less
1994 ZJ 

Is it still in good condition?
Read on some other thread that you can sell it as scrap on ebay, but you can't list the make or model it came off of.
soul_Less is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-23-2010, 11:22 PM   #5
ZJ5point2GCL
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by soul_Less View Post
Is it still in good condition?
Read on some other thread that you can sell it as scrap on ebay, but you can't list the make or model it came off of.
Yes its still in great condition, looking down it with a laser and a light there are no plugs down any of the passages. I just wanted a magnaflow cat to flow better to complement my Headers, Y-pipe and Magnaflow cat back.

I ll look into the ebay thing, thanks for the suggestion.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.