Calling all WJ owners that also own a WK SRT-8. . . - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > Calling all WJ owners that also own a WK SRT-8. . .

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO December Specials at Jeephut.com

Unread 04-02-2014, 09:13 PM   #1
cr8zynelly

2002 WJ 

Calling all WJ owners that also own a WK SRT-8. . .

Just wondering how many people out there have this combination of Jeeps in their driveway. I currently have owned my 02' Overland for the last 10 years. I'm thinking about adding a WK SRT-8 so I can get rid of the wife's 05' Exploder.

cr8zynelly is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-02-2014, 09:17 PM   #2
cr8zynelly

2002 WJ 

Pics are encouraged.
Year/Mileage of each vehicle.
A list of mods to each vehicle.
Uses for each vehicle.
I know this is broad but I haven't seen a thread like this but I imagine there's some of you out there with both vehicles. Lets see what you've got!!
Unread 04-03-2014, 04:32 PM   #3
cr8zynelly

2002 WJ 

Rarer combo than I imagined.
Unread 04-10-2014, 07:34 PM   #4
cr8zynelly

2002 WJ 

Maybe I'll be the first.

. . . Someday.
Unread 04-17-2014, 08:21 AM   #5
DeChache
2003 WJ 

I have a WJ and a WK but the WK isn't a SRT in fact it isn't even a V8......
Unread 04-17-2014, 01:39 PM   #6
ArloGuthroJeep
Mr. Hyde!

2004 WJ 

And I have an '04 WJ and '14 WKII (Hemi)

The WKII is in a league of its own.

Only things my WJ excels at are rock crawling and being loud.
Unread 04-18-2014, 11:00 AM   #7
DeChache
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArloGuthroJeep View Post
And I have an '04 WJ and '14 WKII (Hemi)

The WKII is in a league of its own.

Only things my WJ excels at are rock crawling and being loud.

Its the same even with the WK. I much prefer her WK as a DD than my WJ.
Unread 04-22-2014, 05:12 PM   #8
cr8zynelly

2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArloGuthroJeep
And I have an '04 WJ and '14 WKII (Hemi) The WKII is in a league of its own. Only things my WJ excels at are rock crawling and being loud.
Love the look of WK2's. My buddy got a 2014 Overland. I got all excited when I saw because I thought he got the Hemi. It had the dual exhaust but nope it was the 3.7. I could have slept in the engine bay there was so much room. Inside is a spaceship compared to the WJ, as it should be.

What kind of MPG you get? How's your foot?
Unread 04-22-2014, 05:13 PM   #9
cr8zynelly

2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeChache
Its the same even with the WK. I much prefer her WK as a DD than my WJ.
I hope the newer Jeep rides better than the older one!!
Unread 04-23-2014, 08:19 AM   #10
ArloGuthroJeep
Mr. Hyde!

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cr8zynelly View Post
Love the look of WK2's. My buddy got a 2014 Overland. I got all excited when I saw because I thought he got the Hemi. It had the dual exhaust but nope it was the 3.7. I could have slept in the engine bay there was so much room. Inside is a spaceship compared to the WJ, as it should be.

What kind of MPG you get? How's your foot?
When first breaking in the engine we were getting 10-12 in the city. Now after 5k miles, 14-16 in the city. 20-22 in the mountains/highways.

I typically drive it with my 17 month old daughter and pregnant wife so I am not too aggressive driving it - but it is so satisfying pushing the gas and having it do something compared to my WJ.
Unread 04-23-2014, 09:04 AM   #11
bill38jeep
2000 WJ 

I have both, a long arm lifted WJ and a lowered SRT8 on 22's.
The WJ has a clayton long arm lift currently @ 5.5" lift with true dual exhaust and a dana 60 in the rear.
It also has 20" SRT replica rims with 33" Cooper zeon ltz's. Addco F&R swaybars, 242HD t-case, Full Alpine audio system with 2 12" type-r's, K&N CAI, ported headers, 20" LED lightbar and mounting bar with hoop, gen3 HID headlgihts, spyder LED tails and more. It used to be supercharged but blew the engine a few times so just a rebuilt 4.7l v8 for now.
The SRT8 is a loaded 08 and has about 60k miles, I rarely drive it, it's the summer, non rainy day vehicle. It has an Arrington CAI, Boral type-s catback, 22" chrome SRT replica's with 265/315 Vreds. I also have a lot of carbon fiber on her, Trufiber charger style carbon fiber hood, cf half engine covers, cf rear step, and a cf front lip.
The SRT8 is by far my favorite Jeep I have ever owned, it's also my 6th Grand Cherokee.

Here's a pic of each:

00 WJ(V8): 5.5" lift on Clayton LA's, Bilstein 5100's, Dana 60 rear, 242HD, Addco's, JKS trackbar, full true dual exhaust, 275/60/20 Cooper ltz's on SRT 20" polished reps, full Alpine components w/ two 12" Type-R's, 21" LED lightbar, Eagle Eye LED tails, K&N CAI, gen3 projector housings with Hid's, 04 front bumper
bill38jeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-23-2014, 04:23 PM   #12
cr8zynelly

2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArloGuthroJeep
but it is so satisfying pushing the gas and having it do something compared to my WJ.
^This is why I'm looking at an SRT-8. Then I could justify lifting my Dub and essentially makin it slower and less fun to drive (on road, if course)
Unread 04-23-2014, 04:28 PM   #13
cr8zynelly

2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill38jeep
I have both, a long arm lifted WJ and a lowered SRT8 on 22's. The WJ has a clayton long arm lift currently @ 5.5" lift with true dual exhaust and a dana 60 in the rear. It also has 20" SRT replica rims with 33" Cooper zeon ltz's. Addco F&R swaybars, 242HD t-case, Full Alpine audio system with 2 12" type-r's, K&N CAI, ported headers, 20" LED lightbar and mounting bar with hoop, gen3 HID headlgihts, spyder LED tails and more. It used to be supercharged but blew the engine a few times so just a rebuilt 4.7l v8 for now. The SRT8 is a loaded 08 and has about 60k miles, I rarely drive it, it's the summer, non rainy day vehicle. It has an Arrington CAI, Boral type-s catback, 22" chrome SRT replica's with 265/315 Vreds. I also have a lot of carbon fiber on her, Trufiber charger style carbon fiber hood, cf half engine covers, cf rear step, and a cf front lip. The SRT8 is by far my favorite Jeep I have ever owned, it's also my 6th Grand Cherokee. Here's a pic of each:
DING! DING! DING!
We have a winner. Ha, finally!! Amazing looking Jeeps. Both of both worlds! Love it! I've seen the Dub before. I think I talked to you about your old suspension that you had in the classifieds.

How's the maintenance on the SRT? Any major issues? Expensive brake jobs? MPG?
Unread 04-23-2014, 06:35 PM   #14
bill38jeep
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cr8zynelly View Post
DING! DING! DING!
We have a winner. Ha, finally!! Amazing looking Jeeps. Both of both worlds! Love it! I've seen the Dub before. I think I talked to you about your old suspension that you had in the classifieds.

How's the maintenance on the SRT? Any major issues? Expensive brake jobs? MPG?
Thanks man, the maintenance isn't bad on the SRT, but I don't put a lot of miles on it though. The worst part is the tranny fluid change, there is no dip stick so the dealer has to do it, but I have heard you can get one. I bought r1 premium drilled and slotted rotors with stop tech pads and they have been great ever since, less than $600 for the whole thing! Put 20k on them already still stop like day one. Fuel economy is about 12.5mpg combined, if you go 65 on the highway you can get 17mpg.
00 WJ(V8): 5.5" lift on Clayton LA's, Bilstein 5100's, Dana 60 rear, 242HD, Addco's, JKS trackbar, full true dual exhaust, 275/60/20 Cooper ltz's on SRT 20" polished reps, full Alpine components w/ two 12" Type-R's, 21" LED lightbar, Eagle Eye LED tails, K&N CAI, gen3 projector housings with Hid's, 04 front bumper
bill38jeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-18-2014, 06:58 PM   #15
cr8zynelly

2002 WJ 

Bills the only one?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.