Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Cadillac Build Thread

29K views 265 replies 39 participants last post by  RedRock527 
#1 · (Edited)
Alright, I've been wanting to make a build thread on here for a while. I think I can finally make one now that i have a Jeep is "worthy". :laugh: OK, so I bought this jeep over craigslist for $1800. This was a good deal because I sold my old heep for $2000. I wanted a ZJ because the interior is AWESOME, plus I wanted a V8 and rear coils vs. leafs. Besides, this ZJ has 145,000 and my old XJ had 225,000. :D Right after I got the new Jeep I wet-sanded all the pin striping off and debadged it. It looks sooooo much better IMO. I fixed the exhaust because the PO just had the factory cat on there. I added a muffler and a tailpipe. I also shortened the hanger on the pipe so its tucked up nice and close to the bumper. I put some JY front hub units in the D30 because they were HORRIBLE!! You could literally see the balls in the bearings, when they are supposed to be a sealed bearing. :p Then I had it in North Dakota for a few months because I was working for my uncle during harvest. I also picked up a TC skid and some rear tow hooks for free from another JF member. I picked up a hitch too for $40 from ANOTHER JF member. :eek: When i got back, it was time for the lift! I ordered some IRO 3.5" front coils, and some nice Bilstein 5125 shocks (Thanks Spife!). I also threw some Treadwright 31x10.5 Guard Dog M/T's (Goodyear Wrangler MT/R Style). I've had it lifted for a couple months now and I love it. As soon as I can afford it, im going to get the 5.5" Critical Path kit from IRO. So far between the lift, tires, and Jeep itself, I've only put about $2600 into it! I have many plans for this truck in the future, I just need to make more money before I can get too far! Here are the pics, I will be updating on all upgrades. I attached some Photobucket links to see my full albums for the Jeeps! THANKS FOR LOOKING! :thumbsup:

HOW THE JEEP SITS CURRENTLY

-OLD JEEP-

-NEW JEEP-

Day i picked it up.

Got some new wheels!

No stripe or badges

Lift installed

See less See more
#193 ·
wow those dont look too bad i may get those instead. the cb works pretty well, sound output is great. i just need to reground it at a better spot and then get my antenna tuned. its pretty outta tune now so i get horrible reception good enough for wheeling but nothing long distance

#195 ·
Haha... why yes.. yes I did. LOL

#196 ·
Just picked up XRF upper and lower ball joints and a new TRE for the pitman arm ALL for 116.02!!!!!!!!! Great price. They look beefy. Cobra CB showed up in the mail box.... Also saw a SFA Liberty on my way. It had a LP30 in the front LOL WHYYY???

#197 ·
Got the CB all mounted and wired. Waiting for gears and install kit for the 44A so I can get it all installed. Then swap in the HP30!

#198 ·
that doesnt look too bad right there. right in front of where you put your cb is where i have a cig lighter splitter thing and i put my cb over to the left of the steering column. it works pretty well. have fun hiding the wiring though lol

#199 ·
Yea, I just ran my wire under the passenger side floor mat. You still see a little but that's okay.

#200 ·
I really like it here, it is easily accessible to driver and passenger without being in the way on anything. I ran all the wires under the carpet, I will give you 5$ if you can find a wire. LOL I took out the whole center console and put 3 huge washers on the inside to support it so it doesn't break the plastic. It is SOLID.

#201 ·
Sound like the same way I mounted mine. It's solid. PITA to remove if you have to take the center console out though.

#202 ·
Got the Front HP30 with 4.10's painted and i'm putting in new upper and lower XRF ball joints tomorrow. I'm going to use the knuckels from my LP30 so I can keep my brakes and wheel bearings. 4.10 gears and install kit are on their way for the 44A. Can't wait to have my power back, the interstate will be much more enjoyable. :D

HP30 :

#203 ·
Got the ball joints pressed into the HP30. Gears and Install kit for the 44A came in the mail. Doing the front swap and getting the rear geared on monday!

#204 ·
DONE!!!!!! I will post up some pics tomorrow. Now for bed, I am dead tired. :tinfoil:

#206 ·
Yep I have a HP30 with new XRF ball joints in the front with 4.10's and the 44A got Yukon 4.10's and a truss! Now seriously....... im going to bed LOL

#207 ·
damn, thats great. What you paint the hp30 with it looks good.

#208 ·
I used some rust proof paint by duplicolor I think? I will post up the rest of the pics I have soon.

#209 ·
Went to Eagle Rock yesterday. Jeep made it the whole way :)

#210 ·
So how does she drive on the highway now? I feel like I need to reagear now with 245/75/16's

#211 ·
Drives great, besides the fact that the front DS needs to be balanced and it seems like I am getting come tail wag.

#213 ·
They are uploading as we speak... all 61 of 'em.... luckily I had a buddy who was just riding along that ran the camera.

#214 ·
Here are a few. To see the rest just go to my photobucket.

#215 ·
Picked up a friend for the Jeep. ;) My brother also has a downhill bike and we are gonna go riding together. I'm looking for a hitch-rack for the bike if anyone is selling one.

#219 ·
Ohhh, gocha. :thumbdown: Coulda used another wheelin buddy! :p

#221 ·
Yeah, I'm already putting away gas money! :laugh:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.