Cadillac Build Thread - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > Cadillac Build Thread

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 03-01-2010, 03:42 PM   #46
GraKee99
Rapist Wit

1999 WJ 

Cheap, can add bead locks to them easily, you can hammer one back if it bends, stronger than aluminum.

WJ, WK, CJ5

Colorado Jeep Club Member #188
GraKee99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-01-2010, 06:19 PM   #47
Spike300
1993 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraKee99 View Post
Cheap, can add bead locks to them easily, you can hammer one back if it bends, stronger than aluminum.
x10 exactly my point

5.2-242 tcase-44a-30x9.50x15 MT/R-American Racing Burst Rims -[COLOR="Red"]Optima[/COLOR] -E3 plugs-[COLOR="DarkGreen"]Cu[/COLOR]st[COLOR="DarkGreen"]om[/COLOR] Pa[COLOR="DarkGreen"]in[/COLOR]t-Amsoil-Addco Front and Rear-polyurethane bushings

[B]To be installed[/B]: RE gen2 discos, military battery terminals
[B]To be rebuilt:[/B] HP30
[B]To be received:[/B]
[B]To be paid for:[/B]

[B]Next on the list:[/B] complete redo of brakes and
lines
[B]Needed:[/B] fittings, coil of brake tubing, Russel speed bleeders

Zombie Outbreak Response Unit #75
Spike300 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-01-2010, 06:23 PM   #48
Spike300
1993 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike300
But most crappy cars still come with steel wheels, they just have a look pretty cover that goes over the top.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraKee99 View Post
Fixed .

More than just crappy cars have steel wheels. It all depends on the trim level. Many base model trucks come with steel wheels. Usually the top one or two trim levels will get aluminum wheels, the rest will have steelies with look pretty covers

5.2-242 tcase-44a-30x9.50x15 MT/R-American Racing Burst Rims -[COLOR="Red"]Optima[/COLOR] -E3 plugs-[COLOR="DarkGreen"]Cu[/COLOR]st[COLOR="DarkGreen"]om[/COLOR] Pa[COLOR="DarkGreen"]in[/COLOR]t-Amsoil-Addco Front and Rear-polyurethane bushings

lines

Unread 03-01-2010, 06:29 PM   #49
GraKee99
Rapist Wit

1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike300 View Post
More than just crappy cars have steel wheels. It all depends on the trim level. Many base model trucks come with steel wheels. Usually the top one or two trim levels will get aluminum wheels, the rest will have steelies with look pretty covers
You said cars, not trucks.

WJ, WK, CJ5

Unread 03-01-2010, 08:32 PM   #50
Spike300
1993 ZJ 

Ok it was an example, but many cars do also. How bout this many automobiles, come with steelies, it depends on the trim level.

lines

Unread 03-01-2010, 08:34 PM   #51
GraKee99
Rapist Wit

1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike300 View Post
Ok it was an example, but many cars do also. How bout this many automobiles, come with steelies, it depends on the trim level.
Show me a decent modern quality car or truck that comes with hub cabs. Sure, some come with quality steel wheels but not many in this day and age.

WJ, WK, CJ5

Last edited by GraKee99; 03-01-2010 at 09:02 PM..
Unread 03-01-2010, 08:55 PM   #52
mithuth
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Here, a porsche and caddy with hubcaps, now stfu.
Steel wheels, aluminum wheels, who cares? Both have come a long way and are comparable in weight, cost, strength and just about every other aspect. There is no winner, it's all personal preference.

Now wtf does any of this wheel talk got to do with this build thread?
mithuth is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-01-2010, 09:00 PM   #53
GraKee99
Rapist Wit

1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithuth View Post
Here, a porsche and caddy with hubcaps, now stfu.
Steel wheels, aluminum wheels, who cares? Both have come a long way and are comparable in weight, cost, strength and just about every other aspect. There is no winner, it's all personal preference.

Now wtf does any of this wheel talk got to do with this build thread?
I said modern, but thanks for your input.

I really don't care what you have, get what makes you happy.

WJ, WK, CJ5

Unread 03-22-2010, 11:32 AM   #54
SILASPRIT
1997 ZJ 

Ordered some of these today!!!

-SOLD-
1997 Grand Cherokee 5.2 Limited - D44a Trussed 4.10 Gears - HP30 4.10 Gears - NP242 - IRO HnT - IRO Custom Drive Shaft - 4.5" lift - JKS Quicker Disconnects -
RC Front ADJ. Trackbar - IRO Rear ADJ. Trackbar - Rusty's Lower ADJ. CA's - Front tow hooks - Rear OE Hitch - T-Case Skid -
Gas Tank Skid - Bilstein 5125's - 31" MTR's - Magnaflow SS Muffler - 1.25" Wheel Spacers - Custom Rock Sliders - Cobra 19 DXIV

I am an Authorized IRO dealer!!
SILASPRIT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-22-2010, 01:55 PM   #55
rustynail
1996 ZJ 

SILASPIRIT, nice ride. What did you use to sand off your pinstripes and badges? Can you tell that there was pinstripes on there before?
5.9 ORVIS 33x12.5 MTR-Kevlar, 7" fr adj IR LA's, 7" rr adj RE SF SA's, adj JKS TB's, RE SB disc, RE Springs, JKS ACOS, 13" RS9000XL's, OME SS, NP231, Durango box, IR Sliders, IR Skid, 3" Flowmaster 70, K&N, Superwinch EPi9.0, Optima Yel, 2 air comp, Alpine, Garmin, Sunroof
rustynail is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-22-2010, 01:58 PM   #56
AustinCJer
u mad, bro?

1978 CJ7 

I love that you're wheelin the treadwright M/T's... I love mine and would suggest them to anyone. How can you go wrong when they are $85, have a 2 year, 24000 mile warranty, and are an all around great tire.

Shameless plug: www.davidisabeersnob.com

My CJ7 Build Thread
AustinCJer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-22-2010, 11:02 PM   #57
SILASPRIT
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustynail View Post
SILASPIRIT, nice ride. What did you use to sand off your pinstripes and badges? Can you tell that there was pinstripes on there before?
Just used some 2500 grit (i think) sand paper. They have it at walmart and its black. just make sure you keep the sanding surface nice and wet. Also, you will need 2 stages or rubbing compound. And the only thing you can see now is in the right light you can see two tiny ridges where the stripes were, i'm a very picky person and my jeep has to be just right, and this doesn't bother me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinTJer View Post
I love that you're wheelin the treadwright M/T's... I love mine and would suggest them to anyone. How can you go wrong when they are $85, have a 2 year, 24000 mile warranty, and are an all around great tire.
I know right? they are an all-around good choice. They let me pick up my tires in SD when i was traveling through. I will back Tread-wright up any day.

-SOLD-
1997 Grand Cherokee 5.2 Limited - D44a Trussed 4.10 Gears - HP30 4.10 Gears - NP242 - IRO HnT - IRO Custom Drive Shaft - 4.5" lift - JKS Quicker Disconnects -
RC Front ADJ. Trackbar - IRO Rear ADJ. Trackbar - Rusty's Lower ADJ. CA's - Front tow hooks - Rear OE Hitch - T-Case Skid -
Gas Tank Skid - Bilstein 5125's - 31" MTR's - Magnaflow SS Muffler - 1.25" Wheel Spacers - Custom Rock Sliders - Cobra 19 DXIV

Unread 03-22-2010, 11:07 PM   #58
SILASPRIT
1997 ZJ 

Also forgot to add, I put in some new to me fog-lights. They looked brand new, thanks to Blackwhiteriot for a great deal, and throwin in the extra fog. I also picked up some front tow hooks and a gas tank skid for ONLY 60!! It was a steal, its all factory Up-country stuff. I also chopped the hanger on my exhause so now, instead of it hanging level with the hitch, it's about 2 inches higher, about .75" away from the very bottom of the bumper. Also shot my whole tail pipe flat black while it was out. One more thing................ Installed my JKS Quicker Disconnects..... man these things are awesome!

-SOLD-

Unread 03-22-2010, 11:15 PM   #59
SILASPRIT
1997 ZJ 

Found a Stocker the other day.................. Can't wait for the spacers, it will look so much better.

-SOLD-

Unread 03-22-2010, 11:16 PM   #60
PurpleZJ
1996 ZJ 

X2 on the wheel spacers. i plan on adding some to mine eventually. keep it up man the rig looks great.
1996 ZJ- 4.0, [COLOR="Purple"]AX-15 5SPD/NP242[/COLOR], RE 4.5" lift, 36x12.50x16.5 Goodyear military surplus tires, Longarms/Tri-4 link/one ton axle build/swap in progress, arb bumper, a bunch of other goodies
1995 XJ- 4.0 HO, ax-15(stolen for swap), stock
2001 GMC Sonoma-RIP...
2002 GMC Sierra 1500 ECSB-roadtrip/long haul vehicle
[CENTER][COLOR="Blue"]RIP Troy (bigbluezj94) you wont be forgotten[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Purple"]December 2010 GCOTM[/COLOR]

5spd ZJ Club Member 001
[/CENTER]

[QUOTE=bddisi;6376248]Glad you are ok. If you were a cat, you would be down to 8.:D[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Greengc4x4;10782815]Everything looks great, Hellen Keller! :D[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=rritch;10960201]plastic + Fuel + Ignition = "Bubba wake up this is gonna be good" :rofl:[/QUOTE]

[CENTER][COLOR="Purple"]RIP William Anthony Kolich(DAD)
you were the best father i could have wished for. I'll always miss you
04/28/58-2/13/11[/COLOR][/CENTER]
PurpleZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.