Cadillac Build Thread - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > Cadillac Build Thread

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Advance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 01-18-2010, 06:10 PM   #16
SILASPRIT
1997 ZJ 

its just not my style.... Im into V8 F-Bodys.

-SOLD-
1997 Grand Cherokee 5.2 Limited - D44a Trussed 4.10 Gears - HP30 4.10 Gears - NP242 - IRO HnT - IRO Custom Drive Shaft - 4.5" lift - JKS Quicker Disconnects -
RC Front ADJ. Trackbar - IRO Rear ADJ. Trackbar - Rusty's Lower ADJ. CA's - Front tow hooks - Rear OE Hitch - T-Case Skid -
Gas Tank Skid - Bilstein 5125's - 31" MTR's - Magnaflow SS Muffler - 1.25" Wheel Spacers - Custom Rock Sliders - Cobra 19 DXIV

I am an Authorized IRO dealer!!
SILASPRIT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-18-2010, 06:19 PM   #17
doogie

1996 XJ Cherokee 

$1,800 I hate you!

I paid that for mine....although I was in a hurry and had looked at 3 crappy XJ's that were way over priced so $1,800 for the one I bought seemed cool at the time.

I looks really good. You made a wise choice on the mods. I should have gone that route....I've got almost that in my BB.

I love the wet sanding idea, I need to good that. I've seen it done to take out water spots on some Honda forums.

My old ZJ build thread
Previous builds 99-XJ, 98-XJ, 89-XJ, 05-TJ, 95-ZJ, 79-J10
doogie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-20-2010, 02:24 PM   #18
bostonjeeper
1997 XJ Cherokee 

great lookin ZJ. aaalllmmmooosssttt makes me wish i got one but i love my XJ too much. cant wait to see the finished product
bostonjeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-20-2010, 03:27 PM   #19
Mike97ZJ
1997 ZJ 

Nice T/A!

Go LS1 man, you won't regret it. I freakin' love mine.

All stock '00 Formula A4, 2.73 rear, even with all seasons and no traction it still ran a 13.7@103.4 on a 100 degree day.

And I bought my first F-Body when I was about your age...it was a '88GTA, gunmetal grey with grey leather, digital dash, and the L98 350. It had 65k on it at the time, and man I LOVED that car. That L98 was a torque monster...it could do burnouts for days...but was out of breath by 4000rpm (right about where my LS1 is really waking up, lol). I had really wanted a LT1 4th gen at the time, but I couldn't afford it. And I thought the GTA looked better anyway. I sold it about 10 years ago, but to this day I still think those cars look awesome.
Mike97ZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-20-2010, 09:36 PM   #20
SILASPRIT
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike97ZJ View Post
Nice T/A!

Go LS1 man, you won't regret it. I freakin' love mine.

All stock '00 Formula A4, 2.73 rear, even with all seasons and no traction it still ran a 13.7@103.4 on a 100 degree day.

And I bought my first F-Body when I was about your age...it was a '88GTA, gunmetal grey with grey leather, digital dash, and the L98 350. It had 65k on it at the time, and man I LOVED that car. That L98 was a torque monster...it could do burnouts for days...but was out of breath by 4000rpm (right about where my LS1 is really waking up, lol). I had really wanted a LT1 4th gen at the time, but I couldn't afford it. And I thought the GTA looked better anyway. I sold it about 10 years ago, but to this day I still think those cars look awesome.
Haha yeah thats my brothers LT1. How do you have a 2.37 rear end?? Why would you want to go higher than stock? I thought they were 3.42's? I hear the LS1 is more of a fragile engine... Thats just what i've heard though. Im really looking for a LT1/T56 combo. My jeeps and auto, i want a 6-speed in my car. I guess it just depends on what i can find thats affordable and in good condition. BUT this IS a jeep site so we should prob get back on topic before flamage insues!! hahaha

-SOLD-
1997 Grand Cherokee 5.2 Limited - D44a Trussed 4.10 Gears - HP30 4.10 Gears - NP242 - IRO HnT - IRO Custom Drive Shaft - 4.5" lift - JKS Quicker Disconnects -
RC Front ADJ. Trackbar - IRO Rear ADJ. Trackbar - Rusty's Lower ADJ. CA's - Front tow hooks - Rear OE Hitch - T-Case Skid -
Gas Tank Skid - Bilstein 5125's - 31" MTR's - Magnaflow SS Muffler - 1.25" Wheel Spacers - Custom Rock Sliders - Cobra 19 DXIV

Unread 01-20-2010, 09:46 PM   #21
Mike97ZJ
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILASPRIT View Post
Haha yeah thats my brothers LT1. How do you have a 2.37 rear end?? Why would you want to go higher than stock? I thought they were 3.42's? I hear the LS1 is more of a fragile engine... Thats just what i've heard though. Im really looking for a LT1/T56 combo. My jeeps and auto, i want a 6-speed in my car. I guess it just depends on what i can find thats affordable and in good condition. BUT this IS a jeep site so we should prob get back on topic before flamage insues!! hahaha
Auto LS1's (and LT1's IIRC) came stock with the 2.73 rear, unless the performance axle (3.23) was ordered. The M6 cars came with the 3.42 rear.

I REALLY want to swap a 3.42 rear in mine, I think that would be a perfect combo.

Good call on the 6-speed, I love my car, but the A4 can be boring at times. I used to have a '98 Formy M6, and it was much more involving to drive. Could only get a 13.7 out of it at the track though...but trap speed was almost 107. I could just never get the launch down right.

I got the A4 becasue the price was right, and I fell in love with the color combo..Navy Blue Metallic with tan leather. When I was looking I told myself not to be picky about the tranny, to just get one that was a good deal. It only had 65k on it too, and this was in late '07. At 94k now.

And I don't know aboute the LS1 being fragile, there are a bunch over 200k, and they seem to hold up well from what I've heard. And the LT1 just seems like the stepchild of the Chevy smallblock family. I know they can be made to run, but then again, as I'm sure you've read on the F-Body boards,the LS1 is touched by the hand of god.

I'd love to run one in my ZJ, I think it'd be a great 5.9/4.7HO killer, and it's probably get better mileage than my 4.0!
Unread 01-20-2010, 09:51 PM   #22
SILASPRIT
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike97ZJ View Post
Auto LS1's (and LT1's IIRC) came stock with the 2.73 rear, unless the performance axle (3.23) was ordered. The M6 cars came with the 3.42 rear.

I REALLY want to swap a 3.42 rear in mine, I think that would be a perfect combo.

Good call on the 6-speed, I love my car, but the A4 can be boring at times. I used to have a '98 Formy M6, and it was much more involving to drive. Could only get a 13.7 out of it at the track though...but trap speed was almost 107. I could just never get the launch down right.

I got the A4 becasue the price was right, and I fell in love with the color combo..Navy Blue Metallic with tan leather. When I was looking I told myself not to be picky about the tranny, to just get one that was a good deal. It only had 65k on it too, and this was in late '07. At 94k now.

And I don't know aboute the LS1 being fragile, there are a bunch over 200k, and they seem to hold up well from what I've heard. And the LT1 just seems like the stepchild of the Chevy smallblock family. I know they can be made to run, but then again, as I'm sure you've read on the F-Body boards,the LS1 is touched by the hand of god.

I'd love to run one in my ZJ, I think it'd be a great 5.9/4.7HO killer, and it's probably get better mileage than my 4.0!
Hell yeah, a LT/LS would be awesome in a jeep. My brother has a M29 T56 and he somehow got the 3.23 rear end as a performance option... He is going to 3.73's soon. That should be a big change.

-SOLD-

Unread 01-24-2010, 01:43 AM   #23
redrubikee
1972 C104 

The jeeps lookin good!... Is ur jeep a lot stiffer in the rear from the coil swap????
redrubikee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-24-2010, 05:39 PM   #24
BLACKzj52
1996 ZJ 

looks great man. how do you like the bilsteins?
My Build Thead
Facebook
Senior at The Ohio State University
BLACKzj52 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-24-2010, 05:56 PM   #25
jeep360limited

looks good now you need to get some cragers and black out those tailights
1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9 Limited-----SOLD
jeep360limited is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-24-2010, 07:12 PM   #26
PTCHBLKZJ
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Haha, not my style.... I dont like it. Its wayyy to slow for me. Im saving for an LT1/LS1 F-Body. This is my brothers TA... We want matching cars to take to the track. Oh yeah, he is putting down 375 to the rear wheels. CC503 Cam and 3.73's are on the spring list for him. He should be in the neighborhood of 425RWHP then. The fun part is when I get to drive, it holds me over till i get mine.

For the love of god please get a 6 speed if you do..... I'm in school for automotive and we've had 98 T/A auto (4L60E) and we've had to pull it 4 times
PTCHBLKZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-24-2010, 08:08 PM   #27
SILASPRIT
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrubikee View Post
The jeeps lookin good!... Is ur jeep a lot stiffer in the rear from the coil swap????
You can tell it's stiffer back there, esp. when i actually got about 4.5" of lift in the back. The control arm angles contribute to the stiffness for shure. Im very glad i have bilsteins or i would die driving it! lol I will probabily buy some new springs for the back in the future, but for the immideate result and cheap price, its worth the little stivver ride IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeep360limited View Post
looks good now you need to get some cragers and black out those tailights
I have thought about it, but i want to keep my orig. aluminium wheels, I dont wanna pay to down-grade. I am going to get 1.25" wheel spacers though. And with the taillights.... im kinda on the fence. I kinda wanna leave it looking original and clean.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRm318 View Post
For the love of god please get a 6 speed if you do..... I'm in school for automotive and we've had 98 T/A auto (4L60E) and we've had to pull it 4 times
O yeah thats my plan.... just gotta find the right one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACKzj52 View Post
looks great man. how do you like the bilsteins?
One word AWESOME. i had them on my old XJ also. They really help the ride and control of the jeep. Well worth the money!

-SOLD-

Unread 01-24-2010, 08:11 PM   #28
jeep360limited

with the thought on the cragers i kinda agree, even though i have them. i wish i had my old niner wheels back, i just think they are better looking and are alot lighter than the steelies
1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9 Limited-----SOLD
jeep360limited is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-24-2010, 08:13 PM   #29
SILASPRIT
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeep360limited View Post
with the thought on the cragers i kinda agree, even though i have them. i wish i had my old niner wheels back, i just think they are better looking and are alot lighter than the steelies
They ARE a lot lighter and stronger also! plus i like the look of mine and EVERYONE has steelies.

-SOLD-

Unread 01-24-2010, 08:48 PM   #30
Mike97ZJ
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
They ARE a lot lighter and stronger also! plus i like the look of mine and EVERYONE has steelies.
Yeah, I want to get rid of my steelies and get back to alloys. Steelies just aren't the way to go on a DD, IMO. Too heavy, and they just end up rusting and looking bad.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.