Cadillac Build Thread - Page 18 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > Cadillac Build Thread

ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail XHD Heavy-Duty Hood Latches for JK and TJ available at OcoBestop underseat lock boxes @ oconee off road 706 534 9955

Unread 09-03-2010, 10:05 PM   #256
PaLftr
1997 ZJ 

Nice trade indeed.

Someone's gonna slap 33's and bumpers on your ZJ and have a hell of a rig.

Unread 12-09-2010, 08:35 PM   #257
Brewskiskeeter
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Sorry, theres usually a reason someone trades a high end turbo'd car for a 4x4. Most of the time its because the maintenance is killing them and parts are 2x what they are for a american 4x4. Have fun, I hope you have deep pockets.
Unread 12-10-2010, 06:33 AM   #258
squashman702
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewskiskeeter View Post
Sorry, theres usually a reason someone trades a high end turbo'd car for a 4x4. Most of the time its because the maintenance is killing them and parts are 2x what they are for a american 4x4. Have fun, I hope you have deep pockets.
Did you read that the last post was 3 months old?
Unread 02-07-2011, 04:30 PM   #259
kowboydmac
1997 ZJ 

Dang..!! stinks i found this thread so late. would have loved to know more about your experience with treadwrights and xrf balljoints... lol
Unread 02-08-2011, 09:15 AM   #260
SILASPRIT
1997 ZJ 

Treadwrights = AWESOME

XRF balljoints................ not so much. none of the grease boots really fitted correctly on them. I would stick with MOOG. Yeah its kinda pricey, but they are great stuff.

-SOLD-
1997 Grand Cherokee 5.2 Limited - D44a Trussed 4.10 Gears - HP30 4.10 Gears - NP242 - IRO HnT - IRO Custom Drive Shaft - 4.5" lift - JKS Quicker Disconnects -
RC Front ADJ. Trackbar - IRO Rear ADJ. Trackbar - Rusty's Lower ADJ. CA's - Front tow hooks - Rear OE Hitch - T-Case Skid -
Gas Tank Skid - Bilstein 5125's - 31" MTR's - Magnaflow SS Muffler - 1.25" Wheel Spacers - Custom Rock Sliders - Cobra 19 DXIV

I am an Authorized IRO dealer!!
SILASPRIT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-08-2011, 09:17 AM   #261
SILASPRIT
1997 ZJ 

Oh and I might be coming back into the Jeep world!! I'm looking at either an XJ or ZJ depending on the best value I can find.

-SOLD-
1997 Grand Cherokee 5.2 Limited - D44a Trussed 4.10 Gears - HP30 4.10 Gears - NP242 - IRO HnT - IRO Custom Drive Shaft - 4.5" lift - JKS Quicker Disconnects -
RC Front ADJ. Trackbar - IRO Rear ADJ. Trackbar - Rusty's Lower ADJ. CA's - Front tow hooks - Rear OE Hitch - T-Case Skid -
Gas Tank Skid - Bilstein 5125's - 31" MTR's - Magnaflow SS Muffler - 1.25" Wheel Spacers - Custom Rock Sliders - Cobra 19 DXIV

I am an Authorized IRO dealer!!
SILASPRIT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-08-2011, 09:26 AM   #262
Irish_Assassin
1999 TJ Wrangler 

There is a niner on craigslist locally. Dealer is looking for 5k.
COLORADO JEEP CLUB #133
www.militaryjeepers.com
Irish_Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-08-2011, 10:26 AM   #263
Spike300
1993 ZJ 

Buy Redhatman's jeep

5.2-242 tcase-44a-30x9.50x15 MT/R-American Racing Burst Rims -[COLOR="Red"]Optima[/COLOR] -E3 plugs-[COLOR="DarkGreen"]Cu[/COLOR]st[COLOR="DarkGreen"]om[/COLOR] Pa[COLOR="DarkGreen"]in[/COLOR]t-Amsoil-Addco Front and Rear-polyurethane bushings

[B]To be installed[/B]: RE gen2 discos, military battery terminals
[B]To be rebuilt:[/B] HP30
[B]To be received:[/B]
[B]To be paid for:[/B]

[B]Next on the list:[/B] complete redo of brakes and
lines
[B]Needed:[/B] fittings, coil of brake tubing, Russel speed bleeders

Zombie Outbreak Response Unit #75
Spike300 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-08-2011, 10:39 AM   #264
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

jeep looks/looked great man! 2 quick questions

1. did you run any wheel spacers on your jeep? im looking to get that flush look with the tires and fenders and yours seems to have it. ive got some 15x8 ravines at work im putting 31x10.5s on.

2. how did you got about taking off the pinstriping? i want to take mine off so bad but dont want to mess up the paint or take away from the finish

thanks man
Unread 02-08-2011, 12:57 PM   #265
kowboydmac
1997 ZJ 

Good to hear about the treadwrights, I'm on a budget and need new tires, lol. Sucks to hear about XRF, I've read a few threads about people ordering them, but not about actually using them.

The things I want to do to mine, with a 6.5" lift, are treadwright 31" tires (I know it's not as big as I could go, but I want a smaller tire for my DD travels), Currie Tie Rod setup, KOR steering kit (brace+TB+Steering Stabilizer), Rear dropped TB, Dana 44a (Trussed, etc) + HP30 regeared to 4.56, and possibly a Tom Woods SYE kit. So yeah, I've got some money to save... lol. Anyway, if you're familiar with any of those, let me know what you think!
Unread 02-08-2011, 02:39 PM   #266
RedRock527
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILASPRIT View Post
Oh and I might be coming back into the Jeep world!! I'm looking at either an XJ or ZJ depending on the best value I can find.
I knew you would come back!
RedRock527 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.