Build Thread: Oscars 02 WJ - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > Build Thread: Oscars 02 WJ

Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%NEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 12-15-2014, 11:56 AM   #1
LeeIndy
2002 WJ 

Build Thread: Oscars 02 WJ

picked her up today. ordered someparts to fix a few little things already.

2002 WJ limited Quadra Drive

00m0m_9PppI1sDTaB_600x450 by Oscar da Grouch, on Flickr

00K0K_hH8xKHqYbyL_600x450 by Oscar da Grouch, on Flickr

00a0a_90ZQlZhSL0L_600x450 by Oscar da Grouch, on Flickr

00202_d80ZiC24qpR_600x450 by Oscar da Grouch, on Flickr

4in long arm and JK rubicon takeoffs are already on order.

powersteering is whining a bit. I need to fix blend doors. rotors are warped. Still happy

I need a driver door retainer. they are expensive new anyone have a used source?

Unread 12-16-2014, 06:24 AM   #2
LeeIndy
2002 WJ 

blend doors enroute
Unread 12-17-2014, 06:33 AM   #3
LeeIndy
2002 WJ 

New blend door kit.

Hoping the parts I ordered before these aren't spread across i75 as we had a fedex truck turn over yesterday....

The Gleeping (Glamour Jeeping) Diary. Entry #2
Last week I bought a Grand Cherokee Limited. It had some typical issues one of which was a broken blend door for the heat. After a fairly simple fix the Gleep is up and hauling *** again. I love my JK but there is something nice about heated leather and a V8. Now to make it look like a Jeep. Thinking the 4in Long arm will help with that. And brakes. All of which should be here today.
Unread 12-18-2014, 06:26 AM   #4
LeeIndy
2002 WJ 

Door check fixed

Little helper

Lift kit

left turn signal is intermittently inop Im betting on the flasher relay failure that is common on these things. This jeep seems to be plauged by all the little common issues associated with the WJ.
Unread 12-23-2014, 06:14 AM   #5
LeeIndy
2002 WJ 

update 1
Small update I was in the process of installing the rear brackets for the lower longarms and decided to make a design change. This kit is designed as a bolt on and it probably would be. the two rear brackets they want you to drill 4 1.25in holes in the frame for the nutplate to slide into. This would have required removing the exhaust and moving some brake lines around to clear the hole saw........... Ill just weld it on. Much easier and doesnt involve more holes in the frame.

update 2
Minor setback today. Front is 90% assembled. Shocks brakes and arms are in. Old arm brackets are gone. Need to do the quick discos and track bar.... trackbar threads were Fed up so they are sending me another one. I also need new upper bushings as the oem ones are ripped.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.