Build Thread: Ezflip - Page 7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > Build Thread: Ezflip

Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comSave at JeepHut on Smittybilt Soft topsUp to $75 Cash Back on Your ARB Fridge Freezer Purchase

Unread 01-16-2013, 11:52 AM   #91
ezflip
Theme Park Dinosaur Head

2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger005 View Post
Any more info/pictures/input on the RC 4" long arm. I just got a 2004 WJ HO and I am really considering this lift.

Thanks
No recent pics. I haven't had much time to wheel lately. But, I still love the kit. No problems at all with it.

Should be starting my rear tire carrier build in the next few weeks...hopefully. haha

2002 Overland - 4.7 HO, "Select-Drive", 4" RC long arms, TAG front winch bumper, 32" BFG KM's, Kolak 3" exhaust, Flowmaster 50 series

Build Thread

KCCO
ezflip is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-18-2013, 06:00 PM   #92
dino30
1999 WJ 

Subscribed ..
dino30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2013, 06:18 PM   #93
ezflip
Theme Park Dinosaur Head

2002 WJ 

Did a little wheeling at Silver Lake sand dunes this past weekend. Had a lot of fun, but realized how soft these RC springs are. Hit the bumpstops HARD, a lot! So, as soon as I have the funds, new springs and shocks will be on the way. Heres some pics of the fun.

And...

Every single rental TJ, stuck on comp hill

2002 Overland - 4.7 HO, "Select-Drive", 4" RC long arms, TAG front winch bumper, 32" BFG KM's, Kolak 3" exhaust, Flowmaster 50 series

Build Thread

KCCO
Unread 05-25-2013, 10:22 PM   #94
Bama_WJ
Web Wheeler

2001 WJ 

Looking good man. I went to Dunes National Park in Indiana a couple years ago now and really wish I had the Jeep (don't know if your able to drive there, but still). These sand dune parks I've seen people post up look fun.

Glad to see the bumper working out for you.

The Daily: 2011 Chevy Cruze Eco - Trifecta tuned and 37+ MPG

Wife's Jeep: 2006 WK Overland - OME HD Lift, 265/70/17 BFG AT's, 1.25" SpiderTrax wheel spacers, 3" Gibson Cat-Back

North Alabama Jeep
42RE Vent Mod - Seal your transmission!
YouTube. - My Video Channel
Facebook - Wheeling Pictures/Videos
The Jeep Wave. Bringing it back.
Bama_WJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-26-2013, 08:23 AM   #95
ezflip
Theme Park Dinosaur Head

2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama_WJ View Post
Looking good man. I went to Dunes National Park in Indiana a couple years ago now and really wish I had the Jeep (don't know if your able to drive there, but still). These sand dune parks I've seen people post up look fun.

Glad to see the bumper working out for you.
It was...til I got stuck and had to use the D-ring lol. My buddy snatch me pretty hard and pulled the bumper out about an inch. I dont know if I can get the bolts tight enough for that not to continue to happen being where the alignment adjustments are on this thing lol.

Build Thread

KCCO
Unread 08-02-2013, 10:07 AM   #96
jforse
Web Wheeler

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Nice build man. Did you end up replacing your front drive shaft when you did the long arms?
Unread 08-03-2013, 05:47 AM   #97
ezflip
Theme Park Dinosaur Head

2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jforse View Post
Nice build man. Did you end up replacing your front drive shaft when you did the long arms?
Thanks! No issues with the drive shaft. I had the desirable double cardon from the factory.

Build Thread

KCCO
Unread 02-13-2014, 05:29 PM   #98
ezflip
Theme Park Dinosaur Head

2002 WJ 

Its been a little bit since an update. Im really not good at documenting the things I do haha.

I was having a front axle leak problem. I was basically losing the fluid out of the passenger side tube almost as fast as I could put it in. I tore it apart and replaced the seals...still leaked just as bad. My only conclusion was that the axle tube was bad, either bent or scoured badly at the seal seat. I did notice the passenger side bearing and shims were pretty chewed up. So, now that Ive gone all winter in 4wd with no fluid in the diff, its starting to sound pretty awful. So, I am picking up a new (used) axle assembly tomorrow. I just replaced my half shafts and hubs about a month ago, so I will swap those over. I have also ordered all new ball joints and upper control arm bushings, so I will get all those replaced on the new axle while its still out.

I also just ordered (finally) the tire carrier builders kit from A to Z fab. Ill be borrowing my dads welder as soon as it starts getting a little warmer outside, and Ill be teaching myself how to weld. Ill start parking the Jeep outside and turn my garage into a welding work shop (Any tips on welding are appreciated!)

Build Thread

KCCO
Unread 03-04-2014, 09:58 AM   #99
Goonie_JRK
2002 WJ 

Jeep looks good!! I just got my 02 overland November and i'm sorting issues out from previous owner but basically wanted to do the same as you have here. This jeep is going to be my first build.
Goonie_JRK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2014, 10:21 AM   #100
ezflip
Theme Park Dinosaur Head

2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goonie_JRK View Post
Jeep looks good!! I just got my 02 overland November and i'm sorting issues out from previous owner but basically wanted to do the same as you have here. This jeep is going to be my first build.
Thanks man! It's a slow work in progress. I look forward to seeing your build!

Sent from inside my dinosoar head.

Build Thread

KCCO
Unread 03-15-2014, 07:43 PM   #101
ezflip
Theme Park Dinosaur Head

2002 WJ 

Finally did my axle swap today. No pics, it was a busy day. New track bar (zone offroad), new ball joints, and new upper control arm bushings on the new axle. WOW! What a difference. My steering is as tight as I have ever felt it on 3 different WJs.

Build Thread

KCCO
Unread 05-20-2014, 10:21 AM   #102
srmitchell
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Love your rig man. Do you have more side shots of the lift and tire setup?
I am on a 3 inch IRO short arm lift... But I like the idea of the RC long arms. I use their kit on my xj.
Any issues with the long arms yet?
srmitchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2014, 05:57 PM   #103
ezflip
Theme Park Dinosaur Head

2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by srmitchell View Post
Love your rig man. Do you have more side shots of the lift and tire setup?
I am on a 3 inch IRO short arm lift... But I like the idea of the RC long arms. I use their kit on my xj.
Any issues with the long arms yet?
Thanks man! No issues at all with the arms themselves. Only real issue with the kit is the track bar.

Heres one more pic...got to drive my Jeep on the ice at a hockey game
10014659_10203320602394387_12841884_n.jpg  

Build Thread

KCCO
Unread 05-26-2014, 09:13 AM   #104
4x4Jeep
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezflip View Post
Thanks man! No issues at all with the arms themselves. Only real issue with the kit is the track bar.

Heres one more pic...got to drive my Jeep on the ice at a hockey game
how'd you manage that!? do any donuts on there
4x4Jeep is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-26-2014, 12:47 PM   #105
ezflip
Theme Park Dinosaur Head

2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4Jeep View Post
how'd you manage that!? do any donuts on there
My sister and her boyfriend (both heavily modified JK drivers) are season ticket holders and the PR guy from the arena drives a TJ so they got to talking about Jeeps and he decided to hold a Jeep show in the parking lot and Jeep night at the game the same night. He held a contest with three categories and the best Jeep in each category got to drive on the ice during the 1st intermission. It was super cold that day so not a lot of people showed up for the Jeep show, but there was a lot of Wranglers from all eras. I was the only non-wrangler. Technically I didn't win a category, but since I was the only non-wrangler I got to drive anyway. I was the token, affirmative action WJ

And no, they told us not to do any donuts, but the last guy in the line (a nice lifted CJ) decided to go to center ice and do a couple, then sat there and did a burn out for a few seconds. They were pissed! The Zamboni had to make a couple extra passes to clean up the ice in that spot. I don't think they are going to lets us drive on the ice next year

Build Thread

KCCO

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.