Build Thread: Ezflip - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > Build Thread: Ezflip

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineOld Man Emu WK Lift - Black Friday Special!!

Unread 06-23-2010, 08:35 AM   #46
ezflip
NEWS FLASH It snows in MI

2002 WJ 

Did some wheeling this weekend. Silver Lake sand dunes in Mears, MI. Had a great time. Caught some air on the first hill of the weekend and may have bent my front axle . Here is the drivers eye video...
YouTube - Jumpin Dunes.wmv

And a few pics...

Jeep wash

Jeep parking

The line up. We also had 3 more TJ's, a YJ, and a ZJ that didnt make this pic.

2002 Overland - 4.7 HO, "Select-Drive", 4" RC long arms, TAG front winch bumper, 32" BFG KM's, Kolak 3" exhaust, Flowmaster 50 series

Build Thread

The Thanksgiving JF Membership Giveaway is here!!
ezflip is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-23-2010, 12:26 PM   #47
K9-Handler

2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezflip View Post
Did some wheeling this weekend. Silver Lake sand dunes in Mears, MI.
And a few pics...
Jeep wash
Hah! At least you don't have to worry about it being salt water!

How did those knobby tires do in the soft dry sand?

US Army, Viet Nam '70 - '71.
Learned to drive in a '53 Willys Wagon. 2nd vehicle: 1950 Jeepster.
K9-Handler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-23-2010, 02:11 PM   #48
ezflip

2002 WJ 

Tires were awesome! I aired them down to 14psi and only got stuck once. (I high centered on the very next hill after the jump. Over compensated because I didnt want to jump it again lol) The whole rest of the weekend, I was basically just crawling up the hills and side walking up them with zero issues.

2002 Overland - 4.7 HO, "Select-Drive", 4" RC long arms, TAG front winch bumper, 32" BFG KM's, Kolak 3" exhaust, Flowmaster 50 series

Build Thread

Unread 06-23-2010, 02:14 PM   #49
ezflip

2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by K9-Handler View Post
Hah! At least you don't have to worry about it being salt water!
And thats nothing. Here is what we did to one of the TJ's...

YouTube - Part 1 Andy trying to Float a Jeep

YouTube - Part 4 Andy trying to Float a Jeep

Build Thread

Unread 06-24-2010, 12:53 PM   #50
Apollo21
2002 WJ 

good to know the MTRs are fine on sand at 14psi because i was hoping to take mine on the beach btw love the white/black grille
Midshipmen Patrick 1/C USMMA DD: 2004 Golf GLS TDI 43mpg and 2002 Overland: Zone 4in, 32in Treadwright MTRs, IRO upper CAs, lift gate light mod, Alpine/Polk speakers, and power inverter with USB in dash mod, CB, custom rear swing out tire carrier Build thread [url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/apollo21-build-thread-902929/[/url] SOLD
Apollo21 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-25-2010, 09:01 AM   #51
ezflip

2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollo21 View Post
good to know the MTRs are fine on sand at 14psi because i was hoping to take mine on the beach btw love the white/black grille
Thanks Except I repainted the grill all black. I think I liked it white/black too. I might sand it back down and repaint it. Im starting school back up in August, so we'll see if I have time to repaint it.

And yeah, the MTRs were awesome on the sand. My frankensteined 242j performed very well too. And I wasnt exactly nice to it this weekend.

Build Thread

Unread 06-24-2012, 05:48 PM   #52
ezflip

2002 WJ 

Jesus, i havent updated this in two years! While I did beat the hell out of the white Jeep since then, I ended up selling in an attempt to save some gas money. Sold it in June last year and picked up an 02 Grand Am. HATED IT!!! Worst decision of my life. Drove the Grand Am for 3 months before it was time to get rid of it and get my self back into a Jeep. So, I picked up my current 02 Overland in September and have been driving stock for now.

Things Ive already done:

Replaced PCM
Swapped in a 242HD
02-04 Laredo Headlight assemblies with HIRs
Replaced Radiator (only to find out later the leak was elsewhere and only a $2 fix )
Replaced Passenger window regulator
Replaced a rear bearing
Washer bottle relocation
And of course, all fluids flushed and refilled with new

Near future plans:

4" RC long arm kit
Moog Steering Stabilizer
Iceland Offroad winch bumper
JK moabs with 32" KM2's

I am away from home until the first of August for an internship. So my plan is to start my build as soon as I get home. At the very least, everything but the bumper will be on it by the end of August. The bumper, I will order as soon as I get home, at which point, Ill be at the mercy of Iceland Offroad.

Build Thread

Unread 06-24-2012, 06:16 PM   #53
PhantomWJ
2003 WJ 

so order it now, so by the time you get home it might be there..
PhantomWJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-24-2012, 06:23 PM   #54
ezflip

2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomWJ View Post
so order it now, so by the time you get home it might be there..
Haha, that would be perfect except I don't get paid for my internship until the end. Kind of sucks that I had to go all summer with no pay, but then I get a fat check at the end

Build Thread

Unread 06-24-2012, 06:56 PM   #55
SoBStevens
2002 WJ 

that must be nice, what is your internship for
SoBStevens is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-24-2012, 07:28 PM   #56
ezflip

2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoBStevens View Post
that must be nice, what is your internship for
I am a forensic science/criminal justice double major and got an internship doing research for the midwest forensic resource center in Iowa. Its pretty intense research, but it will be totally worth it in the end.

Build Thread

Unread 06-25-2012, 02:49 PM   #57
SoBStevens
2002 WJ 

Awesome man goodluck and keep up the good work

2002 WJ- Gone but not forgotten.
SoBStevens is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-25-2012, 03:44 PM   #58
ezflip

2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoBStevens View Post
Awesome man goodluck and keep up the good work
Thanks man

Back to the build. Does anyone know if Iceland will take a partial payment to at least start a build or get my name on the waiting list, or whatever needs to happen? I plan on shooting them an email later, but I saw someone on here that knows the owner, I just don't remember his user name, maybe he knows...

Build Thread

Unread 07-10-2012, 12:48 PM   #59
ezflip

2002 WJ 

Found a nice puddle of gear oil under my drivers side rear tire this weekend. I just replaced that seal in November and it is leaking like a sieve already. Im not sure if the shop pressed it on backwards or if something is just chewing up that seal Crappy part is, Im 500 miles away from my garage and tools so I called around and one place said about $250 to replace it, everyone else, including the stealership said $300. So I went to the $250 place and dropped it off. Got a call about 30 minutes later saying that as he is ordering the parts, its getting up to the $450 range....WHAT?!?!? I asked what he was ordering and how much the labor was. What he told me only came out to about $300 but then he has to pay another shop to press the bearing and seal on. That shop charges $150 for that???? I dont think so. Plus he said he was going to use Valvoline 75w-140 because it already has fm in it. I laughed at him and said Ill go elsewhere. So I drove it to the stealership since they were the next lowest price. Made certain with the service guy that he would absolutely not go over $300. And made certain that he understands I have vari-locks and need 75w-140 AND the mopar fm. So, hopefully he gets it right. I would really like to know what caused that seal to leak again though.

Build Thread

Unread 07-10-2012, 04:03 PM   #60
TX-WJ

2004 WJ 

I'm assuming you already checked the vent / vent hose for patency

2004 WJ Ltd. (steel blue pearlcoat)
4.7, 242 HD swap, 6" Clayton's, 35" BFG KM2s, F/R chromo'd JK Rubi D44s
TX-WJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.