BoostinChick's ZeeJay Fix-It Thread - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > BoostinChick's ZeeJay Fix-It Thread

USA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 05-28-2013, 01:15 PM   #16
tucsonzj
2000 TJ Wrangler 

when's your new headlights going in? Want to see how it turns out. On my list of things to fix before winter so I can actually see at night.

Unread 05-28-2013, 02:11 PM   #17
BoostinChick
1998 ZJ 

Not for awhile, that's going to be a real sit down project. Plus the ~$250 price tag for the kit is a little

Want to get the Jeep running somewhat smoothly, and reliable, before throwing on any more mods. Pretty sure I messed up replacing the freeze plugs. Most of them leak, so have to take the manifolds off again and see what happened. Thankfully, this is not my DD. Need to fix this as I will be using the crap out of it since I am moving in a few weeks. I will definitely update this thread on my progress when I start that project.
Unread 06-11-2013, 11:30 PM   #18
tucsonzj
2000 TJ Wrangler 

when you did your tj gas cap mod did you order the tj fuel neck too or no? Or have they finally just made a kit for this :P haha
Unread 07-27-2013, 05:15 AM   #19
DNFJ
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

So what have you done to it now
Built Not Bought #704
DNFJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-09-2013, 12:50 PM   #20
BoostinChick
1998 ZJ 

Haven't done anything unfortunately. It seems I didn't install the right size cups for the freeze plugs? Or maybe didn't install them correctly. Some of them are spewing coolant, so have to pull the manifolds and re-do...also picked up a 242 rebuild kit for a decent price! Hopefully will be getting that pulled and doing a rebuild.

Link to kit: http://www.americanpowertrainwarehou...ransfer/Detail

Similar kits I have seen go for $99+. Here's to hoping the quality of this kit is legit. Even with the 12-month warranty I would prefer to only rebuild once due to a parts issue.

Other than that I have slowly been collecting parts for a lift (or as I tell my significant other..."suspension refresh" ). So far just have the Moog Supertrail Boss (SSD107) steering stabilizer. Also shopping around for some auxiliary lighting since most of my Jeep buds picked up LED bars during all the Holiday sales.
Unread 12-09-2013, 01:07 PM   #21
tucsonzj
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I haven't done much either. Hope that rebuild kit works. I gotta figure out this freakin engine issue I'm having
Unread 12-11-2013, 04:22 AM   #22
SpectralZJ98
1998 ZJ 

You still on the hunt for the 99+ intake?
SpectralZJ98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2013, 02:36 PM   #23
bumperthumper
1995 ZJ 

Dat subaru! Makes me miss mine =/
bumperthumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2014, 04:33 PM   #24
BoostinChick
1998 ZJ 

I am finally back on the road! I am riding out the rear diff to see how long it will last me. Finally got my freeze plugs fixed so no more coolant leak and smell yay! Since my battery died from it sitting now I have a super low idle. Hoping I can let it sit and idle so the 'puter will re-learn how it's supposed to act.

One thing I did notice though with my "APN" style eBay header...well not sure if it's the header or the fact my IronMan4x4Fab motor mounts lift the engine 1/4", but the headers were smacked up against the motor mount arm on the driver's side. Had to shave that down slightly for it to clear and not rub. Onto Phase 2! I am also on the hunt for the 8.8 rear and whatever other goodies I can collect for my lift. Still debating between the OME HD (with/without 1" puck) or F --> R swap with IRO or RE springs.

I am also working on lighting since a few of my wheeling friends went on a frenzy during Black Friday with auxiliary lighting. So, I treated myself to these -
Unread 03-19-2014, 04:51 PM   #25
tucsonzj
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostinChick View Post
I am finally back on the road! I am riding out the rear diff to see how long it will last me. Finally got my freeze plugs fixed so no more coolant leak and smell yay! Since my battery died from it sitting now I have a super low idle. Hoping I can let it sit and idle so the 'puter will re-learn how it's supposed to act.

One thing I did notice though with my "APN" style eBay header...well not sure if it's the header or the fact my IronMan4x4Fab motor mounts lift the engine 1/4", but the headers were smacked up against the motor mount arm on the driver's side. Had to shave that down slightly for it to clear and not rub. Onto Phase 2! I am also on the hunt for the 8.8 rear and whatever other goodies I can collect for my lift. Still debating between the OME HD (with/without 1" puck) or F --> R swap with IRO or RE springs.

I am also working on lighting since a few of my wheeling friends went on a frenzy during Black Friday with auxiliary lighting. So, I treated myself to these -
Glad you're back

I say go re and get all 4 springs. I custom pieced together my lift I don't have to get anything other then ca's springs and shocks up through 5.5".

After having my bb vs just springs totally different for my flex. Not to mention I just picked up some 33s on 5x10s with decent tread left for 500

I am looking for an 8.8 too lol but I'm also about to pick up a 242 for that swap.

How do you like the ironman motor mount? I need to replace mine
Unread 03-19-2014, 07:08 PM   #26
BoostinChick
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucsonzj View Post
Glad you're back

I say go re and get all 4 springs. I custom pieced together my lift I don't have to get anything other then ca's springs and shocks up through 5.5".

After having my bb vs just springs totally different for my flex. Not to mention I just picked up some 33s on 5x10s with decent tread left for 500
I may end up going the coil route I think. Will be getting Bilstein shocks and I know I read that the springs don't really matter but have a few friends who have had their lifts for awhile and some brands tend to sag quicker than others. Especially if you haul cargo (full tool boxes) on your wheeling adventures.

Quote:
I am looking for an 8.8 too lol but I'm also about to pick up a 242 for that swap.
Got the 242 already, thankfully! I also found a Craiglist 231 just in case the 242 decides to really give out on me. 8.8's are a plenty around these parts. So, even if I just pull one and take my time building on it I have the room.

Quote:
How do you like the ironman motor mount? I need to replace mine
I liked them and the main reason I ordered them is because they make them in batches. If you don't get in, and they run out, you will be waiting a few weeks for more to come in. The mounting base wasn't 100% perfect, I had to modify them a tad so the bolt holes lined up to the frame. As for NVH (Noise Vibration Harshness) I don't notice additional, or more like you usually would. I also don't have the Ironman transmission mount. I recently replaced that with OE, so maybe I will upgrade if/when the fresh replacement goes.
Unread 03-19-2014, 07:20 PM   #27
tucsonzj
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostinChick View Post
I may end up going the coil route I think. Will be getting Bilstein shocks and I know I read that the springs don't really matter but have a few friends who have had their lifts for awhile and some brands tend to sag quicker than others. Especially if you haul cargo (full tool boxes) on your wheeling adventures.

Got the 242 already, thankfully! I also found a Craiglist 231 just in case the 242 decides to really give out on me. 8.8's are a plenty around these parts. So, even if I just pull one and take my time building on it I have the room.

I liked them and the main reason I ordered them is because they make them in batches. If you don't get in, and they run out, you will be waiting a few weeks for more to come in. The mounting base wasn't 100% perfect, I had to modify them a tad so the bolt holes lined up to the frame. As for NVH (Noise Vibration Harshness) I don't notice additional, or more like you usually would. I also don't have the Ironman transmission mount. I recently replaced that with OE, so maybe I will upgrade if/when the fresh replacement goes.
good to know. my 249 is at 200k is and is finally starting to show signs of wear. somehow found a zj that was special ordered in 1994 with a 242...can you say direct bolt in for a 95 with a 5.2. Rareness
Unread 04-06-2014, 05:34 PM   #28
BoostinChick
1998 ZJ 

Went to the junk yard mecca today and scored me one of these!

The donor (so young!) -

Unread 04-06-2014, 05:39 PM   #29
tucsonzj
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Ohhhhhh nice!
Unread 04-06-2014, 06:12 PM   #30
BoostinChick
1998 ZJ 

Yea! Super surprised to find one with such low milage. All the other ones me and my bud found were 140k+ in miles which still isn't terrible. The yard we went to had easily 100 Ford Explorers, so I was able to be more picky and wait out for a good donor. The drawback though to living in the salt belt was most of the bolts and nuts were rusted on there. I brought a brand new can of rust penetrant and used it all.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.