Black Betty's Build Thread - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > Black Betty's Build Thread

JKS Now Available at www.baseline4x4.com, Trackbars, SkidsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 06-27-2009, 04:11 PM   #31
distortedtj
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03wjay View Post

Is that an S10? its for sale on zr2usa right?
Yes it is my Zr2 S10. And yes it was for sale on that forum.
If you have any questions lets take this to pm so not to Hi=jack this thread bud.

It's nice being just down the road from DPGoffroad.

Now a 99 SAHARICON!!!!
distortedtj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-12-2009, 03:33 PM   #32
distortedtj
1999 TJ Wrangler 

any updates?

Now a 99 SAHARICON!!!!
Unread 08-12-2009, 04:25 PM   #33
ANGJetMech
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by distortedtj View Post
any updates?
Well, the only thing is I put in an RB1 nav/radio, but yall know what those are so pictures arent needed...

Shes going in friday to get the front windows tinted to match the back, so ill throw some pics up this weekend to show her off!

EDIT: Oh! and a new water pump!
[SIZE="3"]"I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon, and stand a post"
[/SIZE]

[COLOR="Blue"]Air Force Jeep Club- Tail# JF064NG[/COLOR]

[SIZE="4"][B][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Black Bettys Build Thread[/FONT][/B][/SIZE] -----> [url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=752646[/url][SIZE="4"][/SIZE]
ANGJetMech is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2009, 10:33 AM   #34
ANGJetMech
2001 WJ 

After a couple month hiatus (I was busy building (and dumping money into) my AR... ), I finally got back to the jeep! I have been talkin about getting my windows tinted for a while, and my lady took it in to get them done for my birthday. I think it looks a lot better, but I dont know if i can go a week without driving with the windows down

Decided to paint my grill too. Went with the flat black, it looks ok now, hope it stays that way. But looking at it now, maybe i need to paint my cladding at some point. Anyone done this, hard to do?

[SIZE="3"]"I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon, and stand a post"
[/SIZE]

[SIZE="4"][B][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Black Bettys Build Thread[/FONT][/B][/SIZE] -----> [url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=752646[/url][SIZE="4"][/SIZE]
Unread 08-15-2009, 01:40 PM   #35
MoonyJohn
Mountain Climber

2004 WJ 

looking good, get some krylon fusion black paint and clean your cladding good. I used nail polish remover to scrub in the corners of things. Also, just leave the cladding on and tape around it. Much easier that way

"Water covers 3/4 of the earth, Jeep covers the rest"
MoonyJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2009, 02:24 PM   #36
distortedtj
1999 TJ Wrangler 

X2.....there have been alot of threads on this lately I've noticed. Should be a few about painting it on the first page or two of this section.

Glad I have body painted cladding.

Now a 99 SAHARICON!!!!
Unread 09-01-2009, 06:51 PM   #37
Diddy4895
2000 WJ 

Paint the cladding!!!... I took off the front and back bumper and taped the doors off. Took me around 4 hours to prep real good and a 1/2 hr on painting. I say go for it all black would look real good!!!
Paul
SOLD!!!
Diddy4895 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2009, 06:43 PM   #38
Onion22
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Paint the cladding!! Blacked out WJ FTW!!!

White Rubi LJ, 6spd, 35" BFG KM2's My LJ Build Attempt
Onion22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-01-2009, 04:51 PM   #39
ANGJetMech
2001 WJ 

Well, played around with Betty more lately, still haven't gotten around to painting the cladding. I might have procrastinated enough for it to have to wait until spring when its warmer Anyway, while wandering through Wal-Mart today, I ran across this crap to refinish headlights and i thought Id give 'er a go. Be the judge on the pics, but it didnt work as well as I was hoping. Maybe some of the crap is on the inside of the lens too?

Put this on a while back. I love it.
[/SIZE]

Unread 11-01-2009, 10:06 PM   #40
Greengc4x4
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANGJetMech View Post
Well, played around with Betty more lately, still haven't gotten around to painting the cladding. I might have procrastinated enough for it to have to wait until spring when its warmer Anyway, while wandering through Wal-Mart today, I ran across this crap to refinish headlights and i thought Id give 'er a go. Be the judge on the pics, but it didnt work as well as I was hoping. Maybe some of the crap is on the inside of the lens too?

Put this on a while back. I love it.
This might sound dumb, but tooth paste actually works better for cleaning hazed over headlights. Your best bet, other than buying new headlights(which I recommend) is to take a high speed buffer and some wax, and buff them out.
Greengc4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-22-2009, 03:10 PM   #41
ANGJetMech
2001 WJ 

Sooooo, I managed to hit a deer friday night

The grill guard took most of it (best $400 ive ever spent), but the bumper is cracked, along with my left headlight and washer fluid tank. Good news is that my hood and quarter panel are fine, but we'll see how the frame is where the guard hooks onto once the insurance guy looks at it.

Pics to come later
[/SIZE]

Unread 11-22-2009, 03:43 PM   #42
Mike97ZJ
1997 ZJ 

That sucks, but good thing you didn't take that guy's advice to lose the brush guard!

This is my first time looking at your build, looks good so far! I really like the stance with the 3", it looks perfect! Like it should have come from the factory like that.

As far as painting the cladding, do it! I did mine about 5 years ago, I have a TSi, so it came body color to match my paint (black paint, with flat black cladding), but I repainted it since it was faded, and what a difference! I used Dupli-Color bumper black, it was easy to do, and came out great. It's held up very well too, although it needs a few touch ups now, thanks to being keyed and a few door dingss over the years.

It seems like one of those jobs that's a PITA, but once you get going on it, it's really easy, and IMO, fun! I actually enjoy painting, I just did my rockrails again a few weeks ago, among other things. You might want to remove the front bumper, but other than that, I just masked everything and painted the cladding right on the body. No reason to take all the pieces off.

You may even want to completely remove the rocker cladding, and spray the rockers with a spray on bedliner. I did mine a few weeks ago...finally... and it came out great. I wouldn't do the whole cladding with it, but on just the rockers it looks good, and I figure it's a little tougher than paint, so it'll be better at protecting the rockers from the weather. New England weathers are tough, I actually found quite a bit of rust on it while working on it the past few weeks. It was sad, my poor baby is getting old.
Mike97ZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-22-2009, 03:47 PM   #43
Mike97ZJ
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96DCZJ View Post
i'm getting the 3.5" IRO for my ZJ and then ordering Black Diamond Shocks. i've heard BDS are amazing and have a real smooth ride.
I know this thread is 6 months old, but I just wanted to throw in there that Black Diamond shocks are crap. I have them, and am not happy with them at all. First, they ride no different than the 70k mile and leaking DT8000's that were on it before, and second, they're noisy as heck. Every time I hit a bump, I can hear them squeaking.
Unread 11-22-2009, 03:52 PM   #44
AgitatedPancake
2001 WJ 

you cant really blame squeaking on them. Pretty much all shocks use the same bushing style, so everyone is susceptible. drop a little grease on the rubber bushings or something
Build Thread: http://www.mallcrawlin.com/forum//showthread.php?t=7387
AgitatedPancake's Youtube Channel
AgitatedPancake is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-22-2009, 04:13 PM   #45
Mike97ZJ
1997 ZJ 

No, I don't think it's the bushings. Myabe squeaking was the wrong words, it's like a squishy sound actually. It sounds like it just the shocks working, like it's the sound of the piston moving through the fluid.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.