The Billzcat1 Build Thread - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > The Billzcat1 Build Thread

Dual Color LED Light Bars White/AmberFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/Bla

Unread 08-29-2011, 09:37 PM   #61
billzcat1
Chicken in a Turkey Suit
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowLeopard View Post
I love the pic of your daughter sleeping away, also. That's awesome.
Yeah, she slept for like 4 hours of trail time. If that's not a Bilstein advertisement, I don't know what is!

And no... not taking applications for roommates. Although I think you should totally move up here. Good wheeling, good weather (well...cool weather), good economy....

billzcat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-31-2011, 09:44 PM   #62
SnowLeopard
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by billzcat1 View Post
Yeah, she slept for like 4 hours of trail time. If that's not a Bilstein advertisement, I don't know what is!

And no... not taking applications for roommates. Although I think you should totally move up here. Good wheeling, good weather (well...cool weather), good economy....
I think it's the OME springs that ride rough for me. I should've gone with the MD instead of HD since I don't have heavy aftermarket bumpers or sliders. Someday, dreaming, but planning ahead for years down the road doesn't help me today. The Bilsteins can't make up for how stiff the ride is with the OME springs. Not that they're bad off-road. That's where everything shines. But on rough roads, such as washboard dirt roads and the like, or the brick streets we have in town where I live, it's like teeth chattering. I didn't expect that. lol Well, thinking a lifted Jeep is going to ride like a stock one is just a pipe dream. I think it's not quite realistic.

I'd love to live there, but moving is proving difficult. Job opportunities aren't great for the market I'm in, and when there are positions available, I get no response to my inquiries and/or applications. I've tried Washington, Oregon, Idaho, and Montana. I've also tried Wyoming and Colorado. No luck so far this year. I'd love to be nearer mountains. I've been trying for years. But you've gotta find work doing what you know how to do. At 28 you can't survive on min wage jobs. I just wish the newspaper business wasn't in a period of transition. It'll either survive it or fade into oblivion.

"Roads? Where we're going we don't need roads"
SnowLeopard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-31-2011, 10:27 PM   #63
compcrasher86
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Lol snow if u ever decide to sell the HDs hit me up, I've got an arb and a rear tire carrier bumper that basically mandate hd coils lol. Billz your jeep is still my model, wheeling pics look great keep em coming!

SOLD 01 WJ Ltd | i6 | QT2 | Moog HD steering | Tow Package | Boston Acoustics Audio | RB1 | Lou's Catback | Stone White |

Matt
compcrasher86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-31-2011, 10:29 PM   #64
billzcat1
Chicken in a Turkey Suit
2003 WJ 

Yeah, but Snow's got a ZJ, silly!
Unread 08-31-2011, 10:33 PM   #65
compcrasher86
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by billzcat1
Yeah, but Snow's got a ZJ, silly!
... Dammit I forgot. I'm on my phone and it doesn't show any of the jeep information so I just assumed he was a WJ guy. Failll haha

SOLD 01 WJ Ltd | i6 | QT2 | Moog HD steering | Tow Package | Boston Acoustics Audio | RB1 | Lou's Catback | Stone White |

Matt
Unread 09-11-2011, 10:38 PM   #66
billzcat1
Chicken in a Turkey Suit
2003 WJ 

Went to a place called Jumpoff Lookout today, it's an old Forest Service fire watch station in the Cascades. Air quality was awful so there's a lot of haze on the mountains, but it was a good trip. Getting some clunking from the front left only in certain situations, I'm thinking it needs bar-pin eliminators because it's still smooth as silk on road and no clunking at all while running trails. It's only on sharp rocks above 10mph.

It was a very dusty, hot day up there. Topped out at 94 and 5800ft elevation, had to keep an eye on the temp gauge which occasionally crept a touch over 210.

Anyway, here's some pics!

Unread 09-11-2011, 10:47 PM   #67
lloyd877
2001 WJ 

Looks like a lot of fun, I might have to take the journey up that way some time soon to check it out.
Unread 09-13-2011, 05:01 AM   #68
roach68
1999 WJ 

You have some awesome looking places to wheel man. I got a couple quick questions for you, when you replaced your battery terminals did you just cut the old ones off and use the stock wires or run all new wires? Were you the one that posted a formula on how to determine proper air pressure in tires here recently? It had to do with the weight of the WJ and the aspect ratio of the tires? Thanks man!
Unread 09-13-2011, 11:10 AM   #69
billzcat1
Chicken in a Turkey Suit
2003 WJ 

Yeah, I originally thought that Washington was a pretty boring state, but then I figured out I just needed to find places to go...and there are lots. We have everything from glaciers to craggy peaks to rainforests to deserts, all within about 2 hours of my house.

On the battery terminals on my WJ, I just cut the originals off, stripped the wires back, and used those flat copper lugs from O'Reillys and crimped them on. The wires were in good shape, no need to replace. On my ZJ, I probably *should* have replaced the wires when I did the terminals as they were green with corrosion underneath the insulation as far back as I could see. However, I didn't have the time or energy to deal with it, so I just crimped new lugs on it and called it good. It was kind of a beater and definitely didn't get a lot of attention from me. It's still running great though, about 220k now and it belongs to my in-laws who fell on some really hard times.

As for the tire pressure, you need to estimate the weight of your WJ based on curb weight plus accessories plus typical load (do you carry a lot of passengers or cargo, or tow a lot?). Divide by 4. Add 10% for margin of safety. Take this figure (probably about 1000-1200 lbs) and divide this by the maximum load of the tires. Take this figure and multiply by the max pressure listed on the tire sidewall and you have a good estimate of tire pressure.
Unread 09-13-2011, 03:00 PM   #70
compcrasher86
1998 XJ Cherokee 

I really gotta get one of those tread lightly memberships, so many of my friends thinks offroading is pickup truck in the woods skinny pedal to the floor dirt flying everywhere its so hard to explain "tread lightly" to them and I'd love to support the cause and also sport a sticker representing wheeling morals.

Matt
Unread 09-13-2011, 03:21 PM   #71
billzcat1
Chicken in a Turkey Suit
2003 WJ 

It's real easy to explain when they get fined for damages caused by illegal wheeling... or by losing access to your favorite places. "Respected access is open access."
Unread 09-13-2011, 07:38 PM   #72
roach68
1999 WJ 

Thanks Billz, You always seem to be in the know about all things WJ
Unread 09-13-2011, 09:48 PM   #73
SnowLeopard
1997 ZJ 

I love WA. I want to live up there so much more with every pic you share. I got a notification from a company in Polson, Montana about a possible job opening. I'd applied a few weeks ago. I'm not sure about the area, other than the images I've seen on Google. But it's the northwest. lol

Your Jeep looks better every time I see it. Not to downplay it any, but I think it has a lot to do with the backdrop.

"Roads? Where we're going we don't need roads"
SnowLeopard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-19-2011, 08:32 PM   #74
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Hey man, you have a really nice rig going on there! Was wondering how your alignment was holding up on stock arms and ~2" of lift! Also, I like the battery terminals as well. Was referenced to your pics! Happy Jeepin!
~ 04 WJ 4.0 | Selec-Trac 242 | MBP | OME HD 3" Lift | JKS TB | IRO Front LCA's and UCA's| Bilstein 5100's | Custom Front D.S. | Stillen Rotors/Metal Matrix Pads | Tow Package w/ 3.73's | Projectors w/ 55w HID H1 5000K Lows | Sylvania Ultra 9005 Fogs | Moog HD Steering | Kenwood eXcelon Radio | Memphis Speakers | Alpine Amps | Alpine Subs | Moog STB SS | Superchips Flashpaq | Auxiliary Transmission Cooler | Rock Lights | Light Bars ~

~ Snobrdrkid's "Build" Thread ~ YouTube Channel ~ Fuelly ~WJ 4.0 Transmission Cooler Info ~

~ 05 Rubicon Unlimited 4.0 | 6-Speed | Dana 44's | Air Lockers | 4.11 Gears | Rock-Trac 241OR T-Case with 4:1 4-Low | 2" Spacer Lift | 245/75/16 Kevlar MT/R's on Moabs | Hansen Offroad Steel F/R Bumpers | Warn 9000xi Winch | Edge Performance Chip | Custom CAI | Hella Off-road Lights | Cobra 29 CB | Flash Lights | Recovery Gear | Fire Extinguisher ~

-Michael-

For Sale:
Front XJ/TJ 2" Budget Boost. PM for details.
snobrdrkid07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-20-2011, 10:42 AM   #75
billzcat1
Chicken in a Turkey Suit
2003 WJ 

Thanks man! I'm pretty happy with my WJ as well. Alignment, no issues to report. After installing the JKS HD Tie Rod I had a toe-set done and I adjusted the drag link/steering wheel myself. Battery terminals are working great as well. I did something similar on my ZJ when its terminals went bad and it made installing more electronics (Taurus fan mod) SUPER easy. I figured that was the way to go again for the winch install!

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.