The Billzcat1 Build Thread - Page 34 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > The Billzcat1 Build Thread

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!Looking to re-gear?! CRAZY DEALS ON YUKON GEARS right here

Unread 04-16-2013, 11:10 AM   #496
billzcat1
Chicken in a Turkey Suit
2003 WJ 

There are lots of things that could contribute, but TREs would be a good place to start. If you can pull them up/down or side-to-side then you REALLY need to replace them.

billzcat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2013, 12:03 PM   #497
Upside
2002 WJ 

All 4 TREs are new Moogs on my Jeep and it is pretty stiff to rotate the joints. My old ones with 120k on them were really easy to rotate and the new ones tightened everything up nicely. Also look at buying the newer track bar bolts if you haven't already done so.
Upside is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2013, 12:06 PM   #498
billzcat1
Chicken in a Turkey Suit
2003 WJ 

I would also include a new tie rod and drag link if you live in the rust belt. They are cheap, the Moog ones are stronger than stock, and they are often so rusty you will never get them apart. They are typically listed as "adjusting sleeve".

New track bar bolts? I'm afraid I don't follow.
Unread 04-16-2013, 12:25 PM   #499
Upside
2002 WJ 

The original track bar bolts have a tapered shank to make assembly easier at the factory. The updated part number doesn't use a tapered shank for a tighter fit. Similar to the new bolts and sleeves included in the KOR anti DW kit.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f310/...himmy-1493062/
Unread 04-16-2013, 01:48 PM   #500
billzcat1
Chicken in a Turkey Suit
2003 WJ 

Interesting. Maybe next time I grease the JKS track bar I'll throw new bolts in there.
Unread 04-17-2013, 07:11 AM   #501
ChrisHager
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

Hmmm... That is interesting. I'll have to keep that in mind!

ChrisHager's 'Grilled' Thread

WJ Torque Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyooooooh View Post
But ChrisHager makes me want to poor water on a burning bucket of gasoline now just out of curiosity.
Quote:
Originally Posted by billzcat1 View Post
The latest lift kit from Rough Country? :D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeeples View Post
Your symptoms sounds just like what it does when it's not doing what it should because of how it is.
ChrisHager is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2013, 08:58 AM   #502
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Same, I found that thread the other week and was considering it. Don't know if it would be too little too late for me with the ever so slight wallowing. But would keep the sleeve tight on the shank.
~ 04 WJ 4.0 | Selec-Trac 242 | MBP | OME HD 3" Lift | JKS TB | IRO Front LCA's and UCA's| Bilstein 5100's | Custom Front D.S. | Stillen Rotors/Metal Matrix Pads | Tow Package w/ 3.73's | Projectors w/ 55w HID H1 5000K Lows | Sylvania Ultra 9005 Fogs | Moog HD Steering | Kenwood eXcelon Radio | Memphis Speakers | Alpine Amps | Alpine Subs | Moog STB SS | Superchips Flashpaq | Auxiliary Transmission Cooler | Rock Lights | Light Bars ~

~ Snobrdrkid's "Build" Thread ~ YouTube Channel ~ Fuelly ~WJ 4.0 Transmission Cooler Info ~

~ 05 Rubicon Unlimited 4.0 | 6-Speed | Dana 44's | Air Lockers | 4.11 Gears | Rock-Trac 241OR T-Case with 4:1 4-Low | 2" Spacer Lift | 245/75/16 Kevlar MT/R's on Moabs | Hansen Offroad Steel F/R Bumpers | Warn 9000xi Winch | Edge Performance Chip | Custom CAI | Hella Off-road Lights | Cobra 29 CB | Flash Lights | Recovery Gear | Fire Extinguisher ~

-Michael-

For Sale:
Front XJ/TJ 2" Budget Boost. PM for details.
snobrdrkid07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2013, 09:38 AM   #503
Upside
2002 WJ 

Can you have a washer welded to the frame to fix the wallowed out hole?
Unread 04-17-2013, 10:11 AM   #504
billzcat1
Chicken in a Turkey Suit
2003 WJ 

That thick-shank bolt might be a good idea considering how one has to over-torque the bolts to keep the JKS bar happy.

In billzcat1-related news....

I installed a new PS cooler and all new return hoses as well as yet another new o-ring on a good OEM pump. I took extra care to ensure I didn't overfill the system... and she still leaks from the O-ring between pump and reservoir. Not nearly as bad as before, but bad enough that I'm not happy. It looks like when I'm installing the o-ring it is getting a little crooked as the hammer-on clamps affix the reservoir to the pump. I'll have to try again.

I have a camping trip coming in 2 weeks, heading to Neah Bay/Cape Flattery - the northwestern-most point of the 48 states. Tip of the country! But since our family has grown a bit since last time we camped, I am pressed for room in the Jeep. Several pages back I entertained a larger vehicle but for the moment we've decided to keep what we've got and see if we can make it work. So for Xmas I got the Harbor Freight hitch-mounted cargo basket (which I love)... the only issue there is that it hinders access to the liftgate area and big stuff might occlude the taillights.

So I also picked up a Rola basket with the center extension. Ordered yesterday, shipped today, be here on Friday! Quick turnaround! I ordered from www.ecustomhitch.com and they seemed to have the best price I could find. $144 for the normal Rola with free shipping, $72 for the extension, also free shipping. Can't beat that with a stick!

My garage door is kind of low so I am going to look at mounting alternatives instead of using the roof rack cross bars.
Unread 04-17-2013, 01:40 PM   #505
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

There was a guy on here who made custom tabs for mounting the Rola Rack. I believe 4 on each side, they mounted down into the channel of the side bars. It was a really nice setup and I believe met your goal of sitting nice and low, or at least lower than on top of the cross bars. I'll see if I can find and if I can I'll update this post with a link. I do what to point out that some people did have issues with the rola rack rusting internally if kept ontop of the Jeep at all times. Suggested that putting silicon in the section breaks can help alleviate this.

Edit: BINGO http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f310/...l#post11393609
~ 04 WJ 4.0 | Selec-Trac 242 | MBP | OME HD 3" Lift | JKS TB | IRO Front LCA's and UCA's| Bilstein 5100's | Custom Front D.S. | Stillen Rotors/Metal Matrix Pads | Tow Package w/ 3.73's | Projectors w/ 55w HID H1 5000K Lows | Sylvania Ultra 9005 Fogs | Moog HD Steering | Kenwood eXcelon Radio | Memphis Speakers | Alpine Amps | Alpine Subs | Moog STB SS | Superchips Flashpaq | Auxiliary Transmission Cooler | Rock Lights | Light Bars ~

~ Snobrdrkid's "Build" Thread ~ YouTube Channel ~ Fuelly ~WJ 4.0 Transmission Cooler Info ~

~ 05 Rubicon Unlimited 4.0 | 6-Speed | Dana 44's | Air Lockers | 4.11 Gears | Rock-Trac 241OR T-Case with 4:1 4-Low | 2" Spacer Lift | 245/75/16 Kevlar MT/R's on Moabs | Hansen Offroad Steel F/R Bumpers | Warn 9000xi Winch | Edge Performance Chip | Custom CAI | Hella Off-road Lights | Cobra 29 CB | Flash Lights | Recovery Gear | Fire Extinguisher ~

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 04-17-2013, 02:11 PM   #506
billzcat1
Chicken in a Turkey Suit
2003 WJ 

Yeah, seen the rust issues. I have plenty of RTV black to seal it up. Good find on the mounting brackets. I'll see if I can come up with a no-weld version.
Unread 04-17-2013, 02:19 PM   #507
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Glad I could finally help! I've been wanting one for awhile too, you found a good deal too. I'm just unsure of the wind noise but, they look sweet.

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 04-17-2013, 02:25 PM   #508
billzcat1
Chicken in a Turkey Suit
2003 WJ 

I'll let you know how bad it gets.
Unread 04-17-2013, 05:27 PM   #509
billzcat1
Chicken in a Turkey Suit
2003 WJ 

Anyone reading this thread and interested in a Rockauto discount: got this discount code in my email: 142820595176324

"The discount takes 5% off our already-low prices. There's no limit on order size or the number of orders. Use the code for your next order, and share the code with friends, neighbors, relatives, the guy at the corner garage--anyone you know who works on cars or trucks.

This discount code expires on June 9, 2013; so don't wait!"
Unread 04-18-2013, 11:02 AM   #510
billzcat1
Chicken in a Turkey Suit
2003 WJ 

So I ordered that rola rack on Monday evening and it was delivered Wednesday morning. Now THAT'S quick shipping! Still waiting on the extension though, that's scheduled for Friday delivery.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.