Best Grand Cherokee Generation? - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > Best Grand Cherokee Generation?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHut

View Poll Results: Which Grand Cherokee generation is the best?
ZJ 93-98 68 41.21%
WJ 99-04 85 51.52%
WK 05-10 9 5.45%
WK2 11+ 5 3.03%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 165. You may not vote on this poll

Unread 10-29-2010, 08:29 AM   #76
Ensiferum
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick_Knipp View Post
correct, lets keep my secret safe for the strip
The strip?? Bahahahaaaaaa.. I can'tttt man, I CAN'T.

I'd LOVE to see you take your ZJ to the strip. Send me the timeslip.

Ensiferum is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-29-2010, 09:13 AM   #77
jeepguy98
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
You know you have a video on here of your Jeep right? Your not pulling 7s to 60. Its just the way it is. Dont be contorting your numbers.
97 JGC Limited 5.2L, Black/Black, NP242 swap, D44a with LSD, 3.73 Gears, 2" IRO lift, Zone Nitro shocks, BFG KO's, Doug Thorley Headers, Magnaflow High Flow Cat, Flowmaster Super 44, Custom Tail Pipe, 5.9 E-Fan Conversion, SCT Tune by Sean, K&N FIPK, Amsoil filter/Pre-filter, MSD 6AL Ignition Box, Blaster SS Coil, Alpine Type-S speakers, Alpine 500W Amp, 10" Kicker CVR, Receiver Shackle, Custom Dash Bezel
jeepguy98 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-29-2010, 09:57 AM   #78
Ensiferum
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepguy98 View Post
You know you have a video on here of your Jeep right? Your not pulling 7s to 60. Its just the way it is. Dont be contorting your numbers.
The same video where he says his 4.0 makes 240-250hp and max speed of his Jeep is 132mph? And gained 40HP from a K&N drop-in filter and an 'HP Muffler'?

Ensiferum is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-29-2010, 10:36 AM   #79
SnowLeopard
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
If you really wanted us to believe you, you'd share your secret. Besides, you'd want to as it'd be a boon to fellow Jeepers stuck with the 4.slow.

"Roads? Where we're going we don't need roads"
SnowLeopard is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-29-2010, 03:00 PM   #80
CanadianZed-J
1999 WJ 

Hehehe, I love this thread.

CZJ.

(CanadianZed-J just voted WJ).

-'99 WJ Limited, 4.7, Patriot Blue, 2" BB, 31" Mall-Terrains, Pavement Princess
-'97 TJ, Stone White, 4" Superlift, 33" SSRs, lunchboxed rear, 12K Titan winch, and 2.5 litres of exhillirating performance.
CanadianZed-J is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-29-2010, 03:13 PM   #81
platinum5.9
Web Wheeler

2003 WJ 

Quote:
This thread took a weird turn...?
Unread 10-29-2010, 03:28 PM   #82
jeepguy98
1997 ZJ 

props to you for catching that lol
97 JGC Limited 5.2L, Black/Black, NP242 swap, D44a with LSD, 3.73 Gears, 2" IRO lift, Zone Nitro shocks, BFG KO's, Doug Thorley Headers, Magnaflow High Flow Cat, Flowmaster Super 44, Custom Tail Pipe, 5.9 E-Fan Conversion, SCT Tune by Sean, K&N FIPK, Amsoil filter/Pre-filter, MSD 6AL Ignition Box, Blaster SS Coil, Alpine Type-S speakers, Alpine 500W Amp, 10" Kicker CVR, Receiver Shackle, Custom Dash Bezel
jeepguy98 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-29-2010, 08:37 PM   #83
Nick_Knipp
1986 MJ Comanche 

still a secret! WJ is winning still, pfft
'12 MK Sport 2.4L AT rescue green
Nick_Knipp is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-29-2010, 09:12 PM   #84
Nick_Knipp
1986 MJ Comanche 

guys if you could help me on those 2 threads i'd be much appreciated.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f13/r...eoffs-1121903/

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f7/tires-1121901/
Unread 10-29-2010, 10:54 PM   #85
1stblack97ZJ
1997 ZJ 

Dang, it looks like Iv'e got to create 13 more JF profiles to put the ZJ in the lead.....don't you need a different email address for each profile?? This is gonna be time consuming.

Plenty of lights
1stblack97ZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-29-2010, 10:58 PM   #86
Nick_Knipp
1986 MJ Comanche 

nah lets keep this honest! if WJ is the best offroader then i guess it is. be fun to compete the 2
Unread 10-30-2010, 12:51 AM   #87
SnowLeopard
1997 ZJ 

I watched your vid of your initial walk-through of the Jeep. Nick, you seem like a nice guy, but a bit new to Grand Cherokees, and perhaps naive. There is no way in this world or the next that a 4.0 is going to ever be close to a 5.9. The TSi is a nice model, but it's not 5.9 awesome. It's just unique, and nice to have, but in no way a 5.9 beater. No bolt on-mods, or drop in K&N will give it any more HP. It's a 4.0, again I state. As it's got 170K on it and 185HP was the original rating, I imagine it's lost some of that over the years. You see, engines don't maintain full output forever. They wear down. You have a very nice Jeep. This is true. I just don't want you to get a big head about it is all. It's not going to beat sports cars, if the drivers are even trying. It's not going to leap tall buildings in a single bound. Get the picture? Good. Now relax. JF isn't going to tear you apart, but you've gotta have a little more common sense about your vehicle.

Oh yeah, 132mph top speed, that's just not going to happen. I think that the 5.9 is even limited. Even if you got past that, you'd still have the 4.0. It can't go much over 100. I think on a flat, straight line you might make 110, but at that point you'd feel like you were going to come apart, Jeep and all.

As for PaLftr, he started out a bit naive as well, and is growing. We all start out naive. We learn. We're all still learning. No worries there. Try and accept helpful criticism though. There are a lot of places, JU it would seem, where people wouldn't be nice about these things. They'd just laugh and treat you like a fool. Everyone has to learn stuff though. That's human nature.

"Roads? Where we're going we don't need roads"
SnowLeopard is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-30-2010, 07:22 AM   #88
Nick_Knipp
1986 MJ Comanche 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowLeopard View Post
I watched your vid of your initial walk-through of the Jeep. Nick, you seem like a nice guy, but a bit new to Grand Cherokees, and perhaps naive. There is no way in this world or the next that a 4.0 is going to ever be close to a 5.9. The TSi is a nice model, but it's not 5.9 awesome. It's just unique, and nice to have, but in no way a 5.9 beater. No bolt on-mods, or drop in K&N will give it any more HP. It's a 4.0, again I state. As it's got 170K on it and 185HP was the original rating, I imagine it's lost some of that over the years. You see, engines don't maintain full output forever. They wear down. You have a very nice Jeep. This is true. I just don't want you to get a big head about it is all. It's not going to beat sports cars, if the drivers are even trying. It's not going to leap tall buildings in a single bound. Get the picture? Good. Now relax. JF isn't going to tear you apart, but you've gotta have a little more common sense about your vehicle.

Oh yeah, 132mph top speed, that's just not going to happen. I think that the 5.9 is even limited. Even if you got past that, you'd still have the 4.0. It can't go much over 100. I think on a flat, straight line you might make 110, but at that point you'd feel like you were going to come apart, Jeep and all.

As for PaLftr, he started out a bit naive as well, and is growing. We all start out naive. We learn. We're all still learning. No worries there. Try and accept helpful criticism though. There are a lot of places, JU it would seem, where people wouldn't be nice about these things. They'd just laugh and treat you like a fool. Everyone has to learn stuff though. That's human nature.
most of thats true. it did lose some power over the years but it still feels like it has more 'get going' than other ZJs ive driven. and yes I've gone 105 offroad once (thats another story)
good speech man
Unread 10-30-2010, 03:46 PM   #89
WJ04
2004 WJ 

Wj
2004 WJ Laredo-selectrac 242-I6- Custom XJ intake w/Amsoil cone filter- PSC HD Pump & Res- PSC ported box- B&M trans cooler- B&M PS cooler- Custom chevy 1 Ton over the knuckle steering- Rough Stuff 1 Ton tierod & draglink ends- Saguaro 4x4 Front 3/4" shackles, Rear hitch & Warn 3/4" shackle-Mopar Front skid,Gastank skid -IRO TC skid- RRO super sliders- 6.5'' IRO critical path lift -IRO extended rear arms-Bilstein 5125 shocks -IRO F&R 6.5'' Bump stops-Carolina drive shaft-16x7 black soft 8's - 34'' Super swampers-Yukon 4.11 gears -Ultimate RCV shafts - LockRight Locked ECGS bolt in rear D60 -35 spline Chomloy shafts -BTF HD diff cover -IRO Adj A-arm-OX Locked super D30 -OX HD diff cover -OX drive away lock-Rock Krawler d30 truss-Stillen rotors & Matrix pads-JKS Adj Track Bar-JKS Quicker discos -Relocated OME SD-40 Steering Stabilizer-BDS stabilizer brackets-Relocated washer bottle-Removed rear sway bar-Cobra CB-TomTom one XL navi-alpine deck

Still to come: Flowmaster 50suv

October 2011 GCOTM Winner

Some of my videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/LockedWJ?feature=mhee

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyjp2 View Post
I burnout on puppies and kittens
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwmaniacx View Post
Lets not and say we didn't.
WJ04 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-31-2010, 03:21 AM   #90
5.9 ANDY
zj tractor

1998 ZJ 

the zjs should be divied up into two areas as well.... the 93-95 nad the 96-98

some changes were made to bake it a better off road vehicle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shift_grind View Post
It's threads like this that make me wonder why people lift there jeeps
its comments like this that make me wonder why some people are jerks.

build thread:http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/...ndard-1056365/
5.9 ANDY is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.