Bentley Project (WJ) Build Thread - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > Bentley Project (WJ) Build Thread

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Clayton Off Road JK Short Arm Suspension Kits

Unread 10-26-2009, 03:28 PM   #76
lvum4x4
2001 WJ 

Well, I think I can completely call this project done! All the loose ends have been tied up; the strobes, CB, and lightbar are all wired up and the Jeep is ready for some abuse. I even have some good scratches and knicks from all the rocks so now she looks like a genuine offroad machine.

So, I finally got to do what I originally built this Jeep for this weekend; a day at the races... I went to the 100's MC National Hare & Hound this weekend in Johnson Valley. The weather was perfect and it made me wish I got to run the course. There was a spectator section up on the top of this mountain that had some good technical rocks for the 3rd loop but the trail was too small for any full-size vehicle (just Rhino's and other small 4x4's could squeeze between the large rocks) so everyone was parking and walking the rest of the way up (even some Jeep owners chose to walk). Well, we could see a full-size Ford truck up there and knew there had to be a way up so we got to do a little trailblazing and found some fresh terrain and sure enough, the Jeep made it to the top with no problem at all. It felt wonderful to make it so we snapped some shots...

Kevin J. Bentley

Bentley Project - Build Thread

Last edited by lvum4x4; 10-26-2009 at 09:20 PM..
lvum4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-31-2009, 03:20 AM   #77
Rastavio
2006 WK 

if you $ell it im intere$$$ted
Rastavio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-31-2009, 05:21 AM   #78
sandman
1993 ZJ 

your **** is BA BTW you are who i voted for this month for GCOTM. i love the IOR set up. if i had a WJ your set up would be an inspiration to me.
Unread 10-31-2009, 03:22 PM   #79
Shinobi
2001 WJ 

Love the looks of you jeep man very clean
Shinobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-31-2009, 10:13 PM   #80
lvum4x4
2001 WJ 

Thanks guys, I am real happy with the way it came out. I think it looks good but is still very functional; I am surprised everytime I take it out by how capable the WJ can be offroad. Wheeling it is much for fun that building it.

Kevin J. Bentley

Last edited by lvum4x4; 10-31-2009 at 11:54 PM..
Unread 11-19-2009, 04:32 PM   #81
spdnjoe
1998 TJ Wrangler 

That thing wheeled great at Cleghorn when we all went. Nothing like whelling in style. I can't beleive some of the tight spots you went through in it. Diggin your 4 legged co-pilot, he was very cool !
spdnjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2009, 06:05 PM   #82
lvum4x4
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdnjoe View Post
That thing wheeled great at Cleghorn when we all went. Nothing like whelling in style. I can't beleive some of the tight spots you went through in it. Diggin your 4 legged co-pilot, he was very cool !
We had a blast, I am hoping to get up there again this weekend... It was great meeting all you guys so be sure to include us the next time you get a group together to hit the trails.

Kevin J. Bentley

Unread 11-19-2009, 07:44 PM   #83
spdnjoe
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Definately will. I'm even going to bring my 4 legged companion...Lola.

Here a pick of her at 3 months

Here she is now at 8 months
spdnjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2009, 03:11 AM   #84
mJUSTINm
2006 LJ Wrangler 

yea your WJ is definitely built great. have fun wheeling cleghorn this weekend if you go, or wherever you end up.
Unread 11-20-2009, 06:23 PM   #85
lvum4x4
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSIzj View Post
I want to hear what it sounds like. are the 4.7l's OHC or OHV?
Sorry, a little late with this but I wanted to get a sound clip up anyway so better late than never ...Here is the best I can do with sound. I tried to include a drive-by as that is what I was looking for when browsing soundclips. The CAI is pretty loud but other than that I really enjoy the sound and performance. (I dont know why the video repeats, I must have done something wrong but at least it works)

[yt]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/etNHVPXHJR4&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/etNHVPXHJR4&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/yt]

Kevin J. Bentley

Last edited by lvum4x4; 11-20-2009 at 06:33 PM..
Unread 11-22-2009, 02:20 PM   #86
lazebum
2001 WJ 

Sounds Amazing!!!! Looks Amazing!!!!! BEA-UTIFUL!!!!!
lazebum is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2009, 04:39 PM   #87
Tico4x4

hey, really nice job. bring the car down to Costa Rica to try it with mud too :-) as example take a look... YouTube - 4x4 costarica

G.
Tico4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2009, 12:00 PM   #88
lvum4x4
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tico4x4 View Post
hey, really nice job. bring the car down to Costa Rica to try it with mud too :-) as example take a look... YouTube - 4x4 costarica

G.
...that is some crazy mud! I have not had the chance to hit any mud or snow so there is still lots of fun to be had and 'tis the season so maybe soon.

Kevin J. Bentley

Unread 01-17-2010, 12:59 AM   #89
GRAND_WJ
2001 WJ 

anymore mods ??

any more mods done that mean WJ ?? great looking WJ hopefuly mine will be there one day...
GRAND_WJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2010, 01:47 PM   #90
lvum4x4
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRAND_WJ View Post
any more mods done that mean WJ ?? great looking WJ hopefuly mine will be there one day...
No, I havent done anything new lately, I just picked up a MIG welder and have been trying to practice before I start my tire carrier and rear bumper. I welded up my first engine stand and made quite the mess out of my welds so I need to get some practice in before I start working on the Jeep. I have a Moto-Jack Rack to carry the bike so I decided to weld a class III receiver onto a basic frame with casters. It now serves as a great bike stand that I can wheel around the garage with ease. Here are some pics:

I just started prepping the bike so once I have everything back together I will be working on the Jeep again. I have been wheeling it quite a bit. I will be sure to post up as soon as I start working on the bumper and carrier...

Kevin J. Bentley

Last edited by lvum4x4; 01-24-2010 at 01:34 PM..

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.