Bentley Project (WJ) Build Thread - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > Bentley Project (WJ) Build Thread

The ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! BroughIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 10-05-2009, 10:40 PM   #31
nelson1248
2002 WJ 

dude forget the shine they look sick like that!

Unread 10-05-2009, 11:18 PM   #32
lvum4x4

2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraKee99 View Post
Now can you smash them into a rock so we can see how they stand up to that.
...its only a matter of time!

Quote:
Did you see any noticeable difference from the throttle body?
Unfortunately, I can not say that I did but I believe this is only because I changed everything all at once (new motor, throttlebody, FIPK, SuperChips program (performance), Magnaflow performance Cat, Flowmaster 50 and 3" piping from the Cat back with all new O2 sensors.

I can say that it feels more responsive and powerful now, with 33" KM2's on it than it did with stock 29" radials so I have no doubt I experienced considerable gain. I still cant calibrate the speedo so I dont have an accurate mileage rating but I burned through 2 tanks of fuel and the overhead console shows an average of 11.1 mpg for mixed city/highway driving. I am planning on getting an accurate MPG once I can resolve the ABS light as I can not calibrate the speedo until the ABS issue is resolved (need some help with that one).
lvum4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2009, 11:25 PM   #33
nelson1248
2002 WJ 

probably just forgot to connect a clip? was it on before you swapped the engine?
Unread 10-05-2009, 11:31 PM   #34
lvum4x4

2001 WJ 

Yes, it was on when I got the Jeep. The guy I bought it from said he would fix the ABS light when I bought it but when I took it back to get scanned, he got a:

P1793 TRD Link Communication Error

...doesnt know where to go from there? I tried posting up and didnt get any hits. Tried searching the web and couldnt find anything relevant so it is back to the drawing board. I was hoping it was going to be a simple sensor replacement but now it looks like it is going to be a little more complicated?

Last edited by lvum4x4; 10-05-2009 at 11:59 PM..
Unread 10-05-2009, 11:42 PM   #35
nelson1248
2002 WJ 

just checked out WJjeep.com and thats not even one of the codes you can pull up according to them have you checked the clock spring?
Unread 10-05-2009, 11:43 PM   #36
nelson1248
2002 WJ 

oh wait i mean the E brake pads? sorry i was thinking SRS
Unread 10-06-2009, 07:08 AM   #37
GraKee99
Rapist Wit
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvum4x4 View Post
Unfortunately, I can not say that I did but I believe this is only because I changed everything all at once (new motor, throttlebody, FIPK, SuperChips program (performance), Magnaflow performance Cat, Flowmaster 50 and 3" piping from the Cat back with all new O2 sensors.

I can say that it feels more responsive and powerful now, with 33" KM2's on it than it did with stock 29" radials so I have no doubt I experienced considerable gain. I still cant calibrate the speedo so I dont have an accurate mileage rating but I burned through 2 tanks of fuel and the overhead console shows an average of 11.1 mpg for mixed city/highway driving. I am planning on getting an accurate MPG once I can resolve the ABS light as I can not calibrate the speedo until the ABS issue is resolved (need some help with that one).
I see. I have a FIPK, magnaflow muffler, and superchips. I am going to get a high flow cat and do 3" exhaust but dump the exhaust after the muffler. I was just seeing as your experience with it. Thanks.

WJ, WK, CJ5

[CENTER][URL="http://staythetrail.org/"][COLOR="Navy"]Stay the Trail[/COLOR][/URL][/CENTER]

[CENTER][COLOR="DarkGreen"]Colorado Jeep Club Member #188[/COLOR][/CENTER]
GraKee99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2009, 07:23 AM   #38
squashman702
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
...its only a matter of time!

Find your gallons used then multiply your mileage on the odometer by new tire size/old tire size (the more precise, the better). Then divide corrected mileage by gallons used.

This is what I do to get my mileage on my Laredo with non-stock tires, and should hold you over until you get your speedo recalibrated. It's also handy to know the percentage the speedo is off in the meantime so you don't end up with blue lights in the rearview.
Unread 10-06-2009, 02:34 PM   #39
chromedisguise
1998 ZJ 

Subscribed. Love the build man.
Unread 10-06-2009, 08:31 PM   #40
tennesseewj
2004 WJ 

Thanks for taking the time to post those pictures. The Jeep is coming along very nicely.
Originally Posted by Sporer65 View Post
You need to learn, there are 3 things that all JF members must like beside Jeeps:
(1) Guns (2) Women (3) Bacon
Quote:
I was bored so I forded the river. No oxen were lost.

Last edited by tennesseewj; 10-11-2009 at 09:11 AM..
tennesseewj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2009, 03:08 AM   #41
lvum4x4

2001 WJ 

Front license plate with winch...

Well, since upgrading to the Iceland Offroad bumper, I really dont have a good place for my license plate so I decided to troll through the hardware store today to see if I could rig something up. I am pretty happy with the way it came out and thought I would post up in case anyone is looking for ideas...

I read in another post that someone tried using the hardware you would use to hang a broom or yard tool to clip on the rollers of the fairlead so that is where I started. I was unable to find anything that I thought would look clean enough for me in the housewares dept. but I did find something else that I think works great.

While I was buying a Maglight flashlight to mount up in the Jeep I couldnt help but notice that the Maglights are almost the same size as my fairlead rollers so I wondered if the mounting clips for the Maglights might be perfect for the job? It turns out the rollers are only .020" larger so it was a perfect fit. They fit nice and snug and I have no concerns about them moving or falling off. At $4.99 for a set of clips, the pricetag was perfect too.

I decided to buy an aluminum kick plate for a door and cut it to the size of my license plate. It was pretty thin so I doubled it up, I really just wanted to add some strength and rigidity for the clips and license plate frame.

I am using the aluminum to mount up the clips from the inside of the plate so I counter sunk the holes and used a bevelled flat top stainless steel screw.

I bolted up the clips...

I then bolted the license plate and frame to the aluminum backplates (if you counter sink the clip screws, the plate will lay nice and flat and have plenty of rigidity to support the plate/frame).

I think it turned out perfect; it hides my winch hook and is easliy removable when I need to use it.

Kevin J. Bentley

Bentley Project - Build Thread

Last edited by lvum4x4; 10-11-2009 at 04:06 AM..
Unread 10-11-2009, 03:22 AM   #42
Jones
Consider the following...

That's pretty clever but I'd hate to see someone walk by and rip it off. Maybe think of a way to lock it on there using the winch cable or something?
Unread 10-11-2009, 03:43 AM   #43
lvum4x4

2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZJones View Post
That's pretty clever but I'd hate to see someone walk by and rip it off. Maybe think of a way to lock it on there using the winch cable or something?

I was thinking of some kind of safety lanyard in case the clips broke or something like that. I never really thought much about theft as they could steel either plate with a phillips screwdriver if they wanted them that badly? It sucks to think there really are people out there like that so I just try to not think about it.

Kevin J. Bentley

Bentley Project - Build Thread
Unread 10-11-2009, 03:47 AM   #44
Jones
Consider the following...

Quote:
I was thinking of some kind of safety lanyard in case the clips broke or something like that. I never really thought much about theft as they could steel either plate with a phillips screwdriver if they wanted them that badly? It sucks to think there really are people out there like that so I just try to not think about it.
I was picturing some kid pulling it off of there just to mess with you, not needing a screwdriver. It would most likely never happen but you never know.
Unread 10-11-2009, 09:07 AM   #45
SaturnICL
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Well, since upgrading to the Iceland Offroad bumper, I really dont have a good place for my license plate so I decided to troll through the hardware store today to see if I could rig something up. I am pretty happy with the way it came out and thought I would post up in case anyone is looking for ideas...

I read in another post that someone tried using the hardware you would use to hang a broom or yard tool to clip on the rollers of the fairlead so that is where I started. I was unable to find anything that I thought would look clean enough for me in the housewares dept. but I did find something else that I think works great.

While I was buying a Maglight flashlight to mount up in the Jeep I couldnt help but notice that the Maglights are almost the same size as my fairlead rollers so I wondered if the mounting clips for the Maglights might be perfect for the job? It turns out the rollers are only .020" larger so it was a perfect fit. They fit nice and snug and I have no concerns about them moving or falling off. At $4.99 for a set of clips, the pricetag was perfect too.

I decided to buy an aluminum kick plate for a door and cut it to the size of my license plate. It was pretty thin so I doubled it up, I really just wanted to add some strength and rigidity for the clips and license plate frame.

I am using the aluminum to mount up the clips from the inside of the plate so I counter sunk the holes and used a bevelled flat top stainless steel screw.

I bolted up the clips...

I then bolted the license plate and frame to the aluminum backplates (if you counter sink the clip screws, the plate will lay nice and flat and have plenty of rigidity to support the plate/frame).

I think it turned out perfect; it hides my winch hook and is easliy removable when I need to use it.
Nice job There was a write up in Peterson's Ooo 10 years or so ago on this very same little trick.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.