Bentley Project (WJ) Build Thread - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > Bentley Project (WJ) Build Thread

UCF Halloween Sale - 15% Off Until Midnight on Friday!Halloween Savings to die for!ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Unread 10-02-2009, 03:16 PM   #16
Area.3.Fiftyone
1996 ZJ 

Dude: You Suck.......

That's a sweet a$$ ride man!

Unread 10-02-2009, 04:59 PM   #17
lvum4x4
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandingWJ View Post
Amazing jeep, im so jealous. Just curious as to where in SoCal you are? I just assumed I had best looking dub around here, but you got me beat by a long shot. Just wait till I get back from deployment!!!
I am in Santa Ana, California. We are just a couple of miles from Disneyland (can actually watch the fireworks from our porch). There are tons of GC's here but most are stock and I haven't seen many modified ones which is fine by me, its always nice to have something a little unique. From my experience ($$), I dont think I will see too many modified ones anway. The WJ's are a little on the expensive side to get setup with even a moderate package but I do see a ton of nice ZJ's around?

Last edited by lvum4x4; 10-02-2009 at 05:40 PM..
lvum4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-02-2009, 05:55 PM   #18
XJ_Renegade
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Considering you say you have few resources, your Jeep looks amazing! It is refreshing to see someone build somehting functional AND beautiful. Nice job!
Unread 10-02-2009, 06:38 PM   #19
LandingWJ
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvum4x4 View Post
I am in Santa Ana, California. We are just a couple of miles from Disneyland (can actually watch the fireworks from our porch). There are tons of GC's here but most are stock and I haven't seen many modified ones which is fine by me, its always nice to have something a little unique. From my experience ($$), I dont think I will see too many modified ones anway. The WJ's are a little on the expensive side to get setup with even a moderate package but I do see a ton of nice ZJ's around?
Im no stranger to the $$$ involved in the wj. I've have right at 5k in mine as it stands, but I know its a champ offroad.
LandingWJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-02-2009, 07:23 PM   #20
GraKee99
Rapist Wit

1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandingWJ View Post
Im no stranger to the $$$ involved in the wj. I've have right at 5k in mine as it stands, but I know its a champ offroad.
Until the 35 explodes.

WJ, WK, CJ5

Colorado Jeep Club Member #188
GraKee99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-02-2009, 07:35 PM   #21
lvum4x4
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraKee99 View Post
Until the 35 explodes.
...thats OK with me, I fully understand that while I have zero miles on the engine - my drive-train has 117K so I am more than ready to finish it up but tried to spend very strategically. I am hoping to get some recovery time before I have to deal with drive-train issues but I will deal with it if it arises. I wish I had a ton of money to build up the entire drive-train at once but I did price some bottom end mods during the planning of this build and to do things right, it was just too expensive with the other things I wanted to invest in.

Maybe I will hit the lotto or something and I can finish?
Unread 10-02-2009, 08:13 PM   #22
GraKee99
Rapist Wit

1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvum4x4 View Post
...thats OK with me, I fully understand that while I have zero miles on the engine - my drive-train has 117K so I am more than ready to finish it up but tried to spend very strategically. I am hoping to get some recovery time before I have to deal with drive-train issues but I will deal with it if it arises. I wish I had a ton of money to build up the entire drive-train at once but I did price some bottom end mods during the planning of this build and to do things right, it was just too expensive with the other things I wanted to invest in.

Maybe I will hit the lotto or something and I can finish?
You have a 44a, it won't explode unless you try. Talking about the post above me, it was kind of a joke.

WJ, WK, CJ5

Unread 10-02-2009, 11:03 PM   #23
Ricochet88
1993 ZJ 

sweet rig!!! i havnt seen you around town im in westminster with the woody lol

R.I.P. TROY EDWARDS "bigbluezj94"
Ricochet88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-03-2009, 08:47 AM   #24
tennesseewj
2004 WJ 

Can you post a few more pictures of those sliders. More specifically, some that show how far they stick out (lateral coverage) and maybe how they mount? You said you had the bolts hitting the door what does the mounting look like when the door is open?
Originally Posted by Sporer65 View Post
You need to learn, there are 3 things that all JF members must like beside Jeeps:
(1) Guns (2) Women (3) Bacon
Quote:
I was bored so I forded the river. No oxen were lost.
tennesseewj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-03-2009, 01:02 PM   #25
daufuskieraised
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennesseewj View Post
Can you post a few more pictures of those sliders. More specifically, some that show how far they stick out (lateral coverage) and maybe how they mount? You said you had the bolts hitting the door what does the mounting look like when the door is open?
This might give you what you're looking for.

wjrocksliderinstal
Magnet antenna
daufuskieraised is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-03-2009, 01:06 PM   #26
LandingWJ
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Until the 35 explodes.
That would just give me a excuse to upgrade both axles without the wife jumping down my throat.
LandingWJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-05-2009, 09:40 AM   #27
lvum4x4
2001 WJ 

Quote:
yea, no problem. I will try to take some better pics tonight when I get home.
Unread 10-05-2009, 11:22 AM   #28
rugermack
1995 ZJ 

WJ looks great, keep up the work, if money allows.
95' Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo, 148k, 5.2, NP242, 46RH, 4" RC lift, all new adjustable ca's(2 IRO front uppers and the rest RC adjustables), nitro shocks, JKS TB's, Jet Chip, Dynamax cat back, Magnaflow cat, GTP hood vents. 31" Pro Comps with Rock Krawler "D"s. Westin brush/grill guard with Hella 500s, 411's, Solid diff covers, detroit locker rear, power lock in front, SYE and Tom Wood's front/rear shafts, RE discos, BPE's, d-rings front and back, factory tc and rad skid, hitch, Sliders next.
03' Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo, (wifes Jeep) 99k, 4.7 5 speed auto, K&N, KYB shocks, drilled-slotted rotors, All the toys.
2000' Ford Superduty, F250, 7.3, 198K, 37's, too much to list.

Built Not Bought #257

Parts for sale d30 and d35 parts http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f126/...-parts-1004499
rugermack is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-05-2009, 10:27 PM   #29
lvum4x4
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Ok, here ya go ...remember that I just painted and have to let the paint cure before I can colorsand/buff so I should have a nice shine when I can start working on the finish. The screws that come for the top are are round-top phillps screws and hit the bottom of the drivers door (the passenger side was fine so it is likely because the drivers side did not sit as flush) so I used a counter sink bit and bought stainless steel flat top screws and I think it looks much better. These things are 3/16" steel so they are fairly heavy gauge and should take a beating.

Also for anyone planning on getting the Iceland Rockers, the sheet metal you are screwing into is light gauge so you dont want to over-tighten or remove the screws too many times as the holes can wear out. I bolted up the Rockers for the initial mock-up then removed them for paint but I could see where someone who is heavy on the cordless drill could easily spin the screws. You have plenty of screws so you only need moderate pressure, the cumulative number of screws more than securely holds the sliders in place. I feel they are tough as nails and should be able to do their job nicely.

Last edited by lvum4x4; 10-05-2009 at 10:41 PM..
Unread 10-05-2009, 10:33 PM   #30
GraKee99
Rapist Wit

1999 WJ 

Now can you smash them into a rock so we can see how they stand up to that.

WJ looks good, not a fan of the flares or chrome but to each his own. Definitely has a lot of time and effort put into it. Did you see any noticeable difference from the throttle body?

WJ, WK, CJ5

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.