Begging for help!!!! '11 5.7 hemi with shudder/surge/choking. Is there a fix? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > Begging for help!!!! '11 5.7 hemi with shudder/surge/choking. Is there a fix?

Ruffstuff XJ Unirail Channel Reinforcement....The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Gibson WK HEMI 3" Catback - 5 Day Special!

Unread 08-08-2015, 05:10 PM   #1
wba-champ

Begging for help!!!! '11 5.7 hemi with shudder/surge/choking. Is there a fix?

Hi this is the first time on this forum. I was hoping to get some help on my issue (which countless others have experienced by the looks of it). This is my issue:

I recently purchased a 2011 Jeep GC 5.7 V8 (w/51K miles). The truck drove great the first few weeks, but recently started experiencing the shudder/choking symptoms other owners have encountered. The issue occurs around 55mph or higher (w/acceleration or cruising). I tried using the Autostick (5th gear) and Tow/Haul tricks to disable MDS, but they didn't seem to work effectively.

I recently took it to the dealership to have looked at. They performed TSB 21-006-13. This only fixed another issue with the truck "clunking" at 40mph during deceleration. They also performed a tire balancing but that had no positive effect. I was curious about TSB 21-004-13, but was informed by a Jeep customer rep that this doesn't apply to my truck due to mine being an early release (built 11/10). He has opened a case and requested that I keep Jeep posted if the dealership doesn't find the issue.

I am here reaching out to ANYONE on the forum that may have a solution or even suggestion. Is there something that can be disabled or modified to stop this? I've read about the torque converter being an issue, possibly using a tuner/super chip (ex. Diablo)...this is all foreign to me, sadly. I love the jeep but this is ruining the experience.

wba-champ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.