Bama_WJ's Build Thread - Page 90 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > Bama_WJ's Build Thread

Light up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHutIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRuffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!

Unread 06-21-2013, 11:32 PM   #1336
Bama_WJ
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJSWJ View Post
Damn man, haven't checked in for awhile and now I see you almost almost lost your job. Glad to see it worked out for ya! Wether you do it or a shop does it, get this thing done!
Well, its still up in the air. I'm still at my original site, but I've been doing training for the last week to get qualified to be in radioactive/contaminated areas. But I can't get a straight answer about what's going on out of anyone at work, even HR. Same goes for the folks up at Watts Bar. Quite possibly the worst coordination between two companies I've ever seen. It's ridiculous.

The Daily: 2011 Chevy Cruze Eco - Trifecta tuned and 37+ MPG

Wife's Jeep: 2006 WK Overland - OME HD Lift, 265/70/17 BFG AT's, 1.25" SpiderTrax wheel spacers, 3" Gibson Cat-Back

North Alabama Jeep
42RE Vent Mod - Seal your transmission!
YouTube. - My Video Channel
Facebook - Wheeling Pictures/Videos
The Jeep Wave. Bringing it back.
Bama_WJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-23-2013, 10:37 PM   #1337
zach3294
2001 WJ 

Just found you're from Bama, I'm a fellow WJ owner from Cullman! btw your build is simply awesome!
zach3294 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-24-2013, 05:06 AM   #1338
Bama_WJ
2001 WJ 

Always good to see some other WJ'ers in the area. There is quite a few other jeep folks up here in Huntsville, but that's a bit far for you. Maybe you can meet up for a Stoney Lonesome trip. Check out the Alabama subforum to find out more stuff. And thanks for the kind words!

In other news, things have started moving at least in a forward direction with the WJ. Just placed a huge order with RockAuto to get a big bulk of my OEM axle stuff. About the only thing I got left are some ball joints, but RockAuto doesn't carry Spicer ball joints for some reason. I'll end up getting them off ebay probably. Also, I've been going back and forth with a guy on Pirate to have my knuckles machined for high steer and getting some high steer arms. Look up FORDTECHGURU on pirate and you'll see what I'm talking about. I'm looking to have them sent out next week.

And by the way, I did end up getting transferred to Watts Bar Nuke Plant. Been up here since the beginning of July and got a temporary place to say in Dayton, TN. Volunteered for night shift just to get a shift bonus, but I ended up loving it on night shift. So that might be why I'm a little less active these days. But I've been doing great so far.

Stay tuned...

Wife's Jeep: 2006 WK Overland - OME HD Lift, 265/70/17 BFG AT's, 1.25" SpiderTrax wheel spacers, 3" Gibson Cat-Back

North Alabama Jeep
Unread 08-24-2013, 10:53 PM   #1339
Erich_97
2001 WJ 

Damn... I just spent my whole day reading this thread, and I can not say that I am disappointed. I am in love with your Dub, and can say this is for sure a thread I'm going to keeping an eye on. Maybe some day my build thread will be this interesting. haha
Erich_97 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-24-2013, 11:57 PM   #1340
Bama_WJ
2001 WJ 

I appreciate that man. My thread has gone a bit stale as of late, but I'm trying to revive it now.

I also just went ahead and bought my Spicer ball joints. Should be here about the same time as all my other stuff.

North Alabama Jeep
Unread 08-30-2013, 06:23 PM   #1341
Bama_WJ
2001 WJ 

Finally some pictures.

Got all of my stuff from RockAuto yesterday and today.

These new rotors I got are retarded big (what else would you expect on 1 tons ). Also got some nice new calipers, too.

Sent my knuckles off for a pair of machined high steer knuckles yesterday. Should probably be getting those in the next week or two.

North Alabama Jeep
Unread 09-19-2013, 01:49 PM   #1342
Bama_WJ
2001 WJ 

Came home to these bad boys. These things are serious beef.

North Alabama Jeep
Unread 09-19-2013, 01:58 PM   #1343
TJSWJ
2001 WJ 

those are sick! Do they have a website? I need to get my passenger side knuckly drilled and tapped
Unread 09-19-2013, 02:16 PM   #1344
CRJEeP_wj
2002 WJ 

Is that for a ball joint 60 knuckle off a ford? Those look great, they actually look a little beefier than my dynatracs.
Unread 09-19-2013, 02:39 PM   #1345
Allgood_73
No Compromises

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Damn those are awesome.... where did you send them and how much was it to get them drilled / tapped and hi steer arms put on? I might have mine in the mail soon, lol.

My Build Thread

Wheeling Trips

My Items For Sale

Thank you to all who voted me the July 2011 TJ of the Month AND July 2012 TJ of the Month!!!

Built Not Bought... pshh... how about, Wheeled Not Garaged.

An unbreakable toy is useful for breaking other toys.

Buyers / Sellers To Avoid: sidetracked
Allgood_73 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-19-2013, 09:35 PM   #1346
Bama_WJ
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJSWJ View Post
those are sick! Do they have a website? I need to get my passenger side knuckly drilled and tapped
Appreciate it man. They do have a website, but it's just now starting out. That being said, it's very limited and you can't do much on their website.

http://weaverfabrication.com/home.html

He does more communicating on Pirate more than anything. That's how I talked to him through the whole process.

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/axles...teer-kits.html

Only thing is he only does the 99-04 F250/350/450/550 D60 knuckles as of right now. He is working on 05+ D60 stuff as we speak.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRJEeP_wj View Post
Is that for a ball joint 60 knuckle off a ford? Those look great, they actually look a little beefier than my dynatracs.
Yes, they are for a 99-04 Ford ball joint D60. They definitely look like they can take some abuse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allgood_73 View Post
Damn those are awesome.... where did you send them and how much was it to get them drilled / tapped and hi steer arms put on? I might have mine in the mail soon, lol.
Thanks man. Just talk to FORDTECHGURU over on Pirate (see link above) and he'll set you up. When it was all said and done it was around $600 with shipping and everything. Those things are damn near 80 lbs. to ship.

North Alabama Jeep
Unread 09-20-2013, 08:13 AM   #1347
Allgood_73
No Compromises

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama_WJ View Post
Thanks man. Just talk to FORDTECHGURU over on Pirate (see link above) and he'll set you up. When it was all said and done it was around $600 with shipping and everything. Those things are damn near 80 lbs. to ship.
Thanks for the response. What made you end up choosing this route versus going with Solid knuckles or even converting to Reid Kingpin knuckles?

Checked out his Pirate thread.... jeez, which I would have got them back when they were only $325 for the pair... then they went up to $450, and now $500.... I better make my decision quick before they go up again! Still cheaper than going any other route though...

My Build Thread

Wheeling Trips

My Items For Sale

Thank you to all who voted me the July 2011 TJ of the Month AND July 2012 TJ of the Month!!!

Built Not Bought... pshh... how about, Wheeled Not Garaged.

An unbreakable toy is useful for breaking other toys.

Buyers / Sellers To Avoid: sidetracked
Allgood_73 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-22-2013, 04:29 PM   #1348
Bama_WJ
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allgood_73 View Post
Thanks for the response. What made you end up choosing this route versus going with Solid knuckles or even converting to Reid Kingpin knuckles?

Checked out his Pirate thread.... jeez, which I would have got them back when they were only $325 for the pair... then they went up to $450, and now $500.... I better make my decision quick before they go up again! Still cheaper than going any other route though...
Like you said, cost was the biggest factor. I looked into the Solid knuckles a while back and just decided to stick with machining the Ford knuckles. Converting to kingpins would have cost a lot more parts, not to mention time to install new inner C's. Throw the word 'Reid' in there and then it's like 2x more I'm sure.

I also like it because I absolutely know I can use all my existing brake hardware and what-not.

North Alabama Jeep
Unread 10-04-2013, 10:10 AM   #1349
qualmanj
2000 WJ 

Really looking forward to seeing your progress. I'm just getting into the beginning stages of wanting to do this same axle swap on my WJ. But before I do I'll have to find something else for the wife to drive.
00 WJ:4.0 I6 with 195,000 miles, 4" Teraflex springs, Clayton's long arms front and rear, Bilstein 5125's, JKS track bar and front adjustable disco's, Teraflex rear links, 15x8 Cragar Soft 8's with 33x12.50 General Grabber AT2's
qualmanj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-04-2013, 02:54 PM   #1350
Bama_WJ
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by qualmanj View Post
Really looking forward to seeing your progress. I'm just getting into the beginning stages of wanting to do this same axle swap on my WJ. But before I do I'll have to find something else for the wife to drive.
Thanks man.

Thinking about just waiting til Black Friday to order another round of parts. Everybody has crazy sales around then.

North Alabama Jeep

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.