Bama_WJ's Build Thread - Page 77 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > Bama_WJ's Build Thread

Light up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHutDon't forget the Jeep Forum discount, 10% off!The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!

Unread 04-03-2012, 04:12 PM   #1141
mking133
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Hey Bama, I hate to sound like a creeper....but I clicked on your facebook link for the hell of it to check out some more pictures, and I noticed you're an ECE grad from Purdue. I'm currently an ME major at Purdue.

You have a pretty awesome Jeep, wish I could have seen it while you were here.

mking133 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-03-2012, 07:51 PM   #1142
Bama_WJ
Web Wheeler

2001 WJ 

It's cool. I mean it's there for that reason. Anyway, boiler up man!

When did you start at Purdue?

The Daily: 2011 Chevy Cruze Eco - Trifecta tuned and 37+ MPG

Wife's Jeep: 2006 WK Overland - OME HD Lift, 265/70/17 BFG AT's, 1.25" SpiderTrax wheel spacers, 3" Gibson Cat-Back

North Alabama Jeep
42RE Vent Mod - Seal your transmission!
YouTube. - My Video Channel
Facebook - Wheeling Pictures/Videos
The Jeep Wave. Bringing it back.
Bama_WJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-03-2012, 10:59 PM   #1143
mking133
2001 TJ Wrangler 

I'm currently a freshman. I see quite a few Jeeps around here, but unfortunately most of the owners are sorority girls with pink "purdue girl" license plates....
mking133 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-04-2012, 08:45 PM   #1144
Bama_WJ
Web Wheeler

2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mking133 View Post
I'm currently a freshman. I see quite a few Jeeps around here, but unfortunately most of the owners are sorority girls with pink "purdue girl" license plates....

I hear you.

Keep a look out for the Purdue Offroad Club (PORC) and Purdue Automotive Performance Club (PAPA). I was actually in PAPA for 4 of the 4.5 years I was at Purdue. A real cool group of folks to hang out with. It's a large diverse group, so you get to see drag and auto-x stuff as well as offroad. Some of them still go out to Badlands every so often and I'm sure they're looking for someone else to go with. It's always an awesome time...definitely some of the best times I had while I was at Purdue. PAPA should be having a big car show here soon for Grand Prix. Keep an eye out for flyers!

Here's our Facebook page...

http://www.facebook.com/groups/155607987837071/

Wife's Jeep: 2006 WK Overland - OME HD Lift, 265/70/17 BFG AT's, 1.25" SpiderTrax wheel spacers, 3" Gibson Cat-Back

North Alabama Jeep
Unread 04-06-2012, 03:25 PM   #1145
Bama_WJ
Web Wheeler

2001 WJ 

Well, sold the JCR sliders today. Since EOR is making me some custom ones, figured I'd go ahead and sell them and build the Jeep fund up a little bit.

North Alabama Jeep
Unread 04-08-2012, 05:27 PM   #1146
bracs4
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Hey bam a how much you looking for the 240s shipped to Chicago area
bracs4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-16-2012, 06:05 PM   #1147
Bama_WJ
Web Wheeler

2001 WJ 

Seriously thinking about a stroker motor build on the side. Especially with all the weight being added to the Jeep. Just found out about a nice "you pull it" auto yard here in town. Going to check it out this weekend. I imagine they'll have a couple 4.0 sitting around. And $199 for an engine don't sound to bad.

North Alabama Jeep
Unread 04-20-2012, 10:03 AM   #1148
TJSWJ
2001 WJ 

hey bama, i remember reading you were looking into LED light bars. You might want to check these out http://www.liquidironindustries.com/home.php?cat=476 i just ordered a 13.5 for mine. I figure for the price, its worth a shot.
Unread 04-20-2012, 04:49 PM   #1149
Bama_WJ
Web Wheeler

2001 WJ 

Let me know how you like it.

Took a trip to the junkyard today. I really wanted to leave with a good number of axles that I could resell on Craigslist. I found 1 SRW 14 Bolt, 1 DRW 14 Bolt, 1 Dana 60, 1 Sterling 10.25 and more Ford 8.8s (80-90% Explorers) than I could count. I didn't see any front one tons though (no 1 ton 4x4s from what I saw). Wondering if I can make anything worth while if I start harvesting 8.8s. I was kind of disappointed in the number of Jeeps though. There might have been 10 to 15 and it was only ZJs and XJs. Saw a couple 242s, 231s and ujoint driveshafts. No XJ Dana 44s unfortunately.

And my D60 locker is still MIA. No clue what's going on with that...

North Alabama Jeep
Unread 04-24-2012, 10:09 PM   #1150
TJSWJ
2001 WJ 

got the lightbar today

Unread 04-25-2012, 06:44 AM   #1151
Allgood_73
No Compromises

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Did you end up going with the Rigid? Regardless, it looks like it has great lumen output and light distribution.

Having any luck selling those axles on CL?

My Build Thread

Wheeling Trips

My Items For Sale

Thank you to all who voted me the July 2011 TJ of the Month AND July 2012 TJ of the Month!!!

Built Not Bought... pshh... how about, Wheeled Not Garaged.

An unbreakable toy is useful for breaking other toys.

Buyers / Sellers To Avoid: sidetracked
Allgood_73 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-25-2012, 10:31 AM   #1152
Bama_WJ
Web Wheeler

2001 WJ 

Those lights don't look half bad. To bad they don't have a set of "dually" lights. Let us know how they hold up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allgood_73 View Post
Having any luck selling those axles on CL?
I didn't get any axles. I was after a side view mirror (plus eyeing the place in case I need stuff at a later time), so the only tools I had with me were some pliers, a wrench and screw driver. Plus I was in my Cruze, so carrying something big was a no-go. But I really wasn't expecting that many 8.8s. I don't have much room for extra spending in May, so that put a damper on it as well. Maybe later though, can't go wrong with $100/axle.

I don't even know how much a 8.8 axle goes for? I figured if I can only get $150 out of it that it wouldn't be worth my time. Maybe if I cleaned them up and cut the mounts off in preperation of a swap, I might could fetch a bit more...

Also found out that I'm getting an almost 10% raise at work. So I'm pretty pumped about that. It comes out to about $200 more a check...will definitely help getting the Jeep fund up.

North Alabama Jeep
Unread 05-07-2012, 08:36 PM   #1153
Bama_WJ
Web Wheeler

2001 WJ 

A little bit of axle artwork.

Trying to figure out the truss situation for both axles. I like what I got on the front, but I'd like a truss from side to side on the rear, too. Might be kind of tough with my BTF axle truss. Input?

North Alabama Jeep
Unread 05-09-2012, 12:20 PM   #1154
mtnmarc
1999 WJ 

ok, this is going to be hard to explain but here i go... and maybe check this thread out...

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=832590

maybe weld a plate starting from the 45 degree angle on the lower section where it bends from vertical to 45, maybe some 3/16s, all the way to the hub. then run some supports vertical off that like the dana 60 drawing. maybe like this..

Unread 05-11-2012, 04:53 PM   #1155
Bama_WJ
Web Wheeler

2001 WJ 

Yea, that was basically what I was thinking. I'll bring it up with EOR whenever I end up with the $$$ to bring it over there.

North Alabama Jeep

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.