Bama_WJ's Build Thread - Page 75 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > Bama_WJ's Build Thread

Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippRoad Race Motorsports Stage 2 Power Pack

Unread 03-14-2012, 09:45 PM   #1111
GraKee99
Rapist Wit

1999 WJ 

Sorry dude. Well find a job out here

WJ, WK, CJ5

Colorado Jeep Club Member #188
GraKee99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-15-2012, 01:12 AM   #1112
RedZJ
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama_WJ

Not quite. Double that and add a little bit more and you'll be close.

Oh...and don't forget the 10% sales tax on top of that.

Not a good time either because there is a possibility that I could be laid off soon. It sucks big time.
Ouch. That does suck. Let's hope for the best.

If you do get laid off, you could always start a car dealership. you already have enough vehicles to fill a lot
RedZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-15-2012, 09:23 PM   #1113
Bama_WJ
Web Wheeler

2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraKee99 View Post
Sorry dude. Well find a job out here
Colorado would definitely be one place I wouldn't hesitate to move to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZJ View Post
Ouch. That does suck. Let's hope for the best.

If you do get laid off, you could always start a car dealership. you already have enough vehicles to fill a lot
Yea, we had a few meetings about it today. As of right now, it's still all up in the air. I made it known to my supervisor that I want to stay at the plant for the long haul. So I'm hoping that he can pull some strings with his contacts on the project site. But to be honest, I feel like I'm someone they would want to stick around...so we'll see. I should have a definite answer by the end of next week. Crossing my fingers for sure.

Having a car dealership would be bad news for me. I would go to auctions to buy cars I like and wouldn't want to sell them.

I finally sold the KMA/TAG bumpers. That money will be nice for just in case the job situation goes south. I'm going to plug my own light again...anyone interested in the LF240s?

Also have to get a hold of EOR tomorrow to go over the build estimate. Definitely need to take some stuff off because I can do things like wiring the speedo and running brake lines myself. Need to get that cost down.

And the YellowTop is not coming back from the dead. 5 days on the charger with the good battery in parallel and the voltage got LOWER. Go figure. I guess I'm going to go look into the DieHard Platinum or the Duralast Platinum. I'm kind of looking into dual batteries and relocating them to the back. The gears in my head are just turning, so I don't know what I'm going to do yet...

The Daily: 2011 Chevy Cruze Eco - Trifecta tuned and 37+ MPG

Wife's Jeep: 2006 WK Overland - OME HD Lift, 265/70/17 BFG AT's, 1.25" SpiderTrax wheel spacers, 3" Gibson Cat-Back

North Alabama Jeep
42RE Vent Mod - Seal your transmission!
YouTube. - My Video Channel
Facebook - Wheeling Pictures/Videos
The Jeep Wave. Bringing it back.
Bama_WJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-15-2012, 09:49 PM   #1114
GraKee99
Rapist Wit

1999 WJ 

I just 2 batteries and dual box from a buddy and going to move them to the back soon. Still trying to decide in a dual battery management system.

WJ, WK, CJ5

Colorado Jeep Club Member #188
GraKee99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-16-2012, 01:26 PM   #1115
Bama_WJ
Web Wheeler

2001 WJ 

When you figure out a battery system, let me know. I'll probably be interested in it.

Got EOR on the phone to get a little bit of my estimate worked out and more accurate. The biggest thing was recommended is that I convert my ball joint 60 into a king pin 60. Basically turn my 2003 D60 into a 1979 D60. Soo, don't know what I want to do now...

Wife's Jeep: 2006 WK Overland - OME HD Lift, 265/70/17 BFG AT's, 1.25" SpiderTrax wheel spacers, 3" Gibson Cat-Back

North Alabama Jeep
Unread 03-16-2012, 03:27 PM   #1116
lateralus3
1994 ZJ 

id buy those lights if i wasnt building my axles

1994 grand cherokee laredo 4.0 IRO 5.5 critical path long arm kit and OTK steering 35x12.50x15 BFG KM2's

high pinion dana 30 and 8.8 in garage
[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/lateralus3s-slow-build-thread-1042086/"]my build thread[/URL][/CENTER]

[CENTER][SIZE="5"][COLOR="Red"]FOR SALE ONE SET OF ZJ D44A AXLE SHAFTS $150 SHIPPED[/COLOR][/SIZE][/CENTER]
lateralus3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-16-2012, 04:05 PM   #1117
AgitatedPancake
2001 WJ 

Why are they wanting you to convert over to kingpin? I really havent heard that much bad stuff about the balljoint axles, especially when your trying to keep the costs down!

Too bad you aren't closer to me, I'd love work it out to build your WJ
Build Thread: http://www.mallcrawlin.com/forum//showthread.php?t=7387
AgitatedPancake's Youtube Channel
AgitatedPancake is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-16-2012, 04:34 PM   #1118
mrJ
2002 KJ Liberty 

Interesting. I saw some kingpins down here the other day on CL

It's a Jeep, it's not supposed to work right all the time.

Live in Florida? Check out Florida4x4.org!!!
mrJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-17-2012, 12:29 AM   #1119
Bama_WJ
Web Wheeler

2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lateralus3 View Post
id buy those lights if i wasnt building my axles
I hear you. Building axles > lights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AgitatedPancake View Post
Why are they wanting you to convert over to kingpin? I really havent heard that much bad stuff about the balljoint axles, especially when your trying to keep the costs down!

Too bad you aren't closer to me, I'd love work it out to build your WJ
I think its because I put down "unit bearing elimination" as a maybe on my list of things that I gave them. I mean that conversion alone is like $1500. So they figured just going old school with king pins, spindles and true high steer would almost be less money in the long run. Even said they would retube the axle for 79 D60 axles mainly because the driver side tube is basically non-existent. But like you said, I haven't really heard anything that bad from these axles. They are actually building Allgood_73's TJ over there right now and he has the same axles. He is going coilovers as well, so I feel like they can handle that short side with my build...

(Picture taken from Allgood_73's build thread)

I'd also have to run 3/4 chevy calipers and rotors and not just off the self 99-04 SuperDuty stuff if this whole big conversion happened. Don't know how to feel about that...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrJ View Post
Interesting. I saw some kingpins down here the other day on CL
Yea, I took a gander around my area this afternoon, too. Nothing came up though.

North Alabama Jeep
Unread 03-20-2012, 08:37 PM   #1120
Bama_WJ
Web Wheeler

2001 WJ 

Kolak gave me a call today to give me some good news. Lockers should finally be on their way out this week...maybe even have them by Friday/Saturday since they are coming from Florida.

Also got an updated estimate with EORs cost to convert over to a 1979 spec front Ford Dana 60...$3000. Needless to say, that's not happening. I'll run with the axle I got now. Just going to slap the mounts on, truss it and call it good. I'm wanting to have a truss like this made:

I'm also thinking about going with a hybrid (exo/interior) cage. Going to have to talk to them about what that would cost. They've already quoted me for a full interior cage, so I don't think having the "halo" would add any more to the original quote.

Here is what I'm talking about:

You can see the whole cage build here.

And some even better news...I made it through the lay offs. I still got a job! So once the lockers show up and an estimate gets ironed out (hopefully this weekend or next), the ball should really start rolling as far as the build goes. Looking forward to it!

North Alabama Jeep
Unread 03-20-2012, 08:50 PM   #1121
TJSWJ
2001 WJ 

Good to hear about all the good news (especially the job)! Ive been patiently waiting, for your build to take off. Glad everything worked out for ya!
Unread 03-20-2012, 08:53 PM   #1122
Shinobi
2001 WJ 

I have wheeled with the guy in the picture with the cage, that thing is pretty sweet and cage looks awesome
Shinobi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-21-2012, 05:41 AM   #1123
Bama_WJ
Web Wheeler

2001 WJ 

Yea, that cage is sick. It's basically what I want to the T. I would probably change some designs on the interior cage, but other than that, I love it.

North Alabama Jeep
Unread 03-22-2012, 08:23 PM   #1124
Bama_WJ
Web Wheeler

2001 WJ 

I finally got my S10.5 locker in the mail today. This thing is serious beef!

My D60 Detroit Locker should be right behind it. Hopefully I'll have it tomorrow or Monday.

North Alabama Jeep
Unread 03-22-2012, 08:27 PM   #1125
240impala
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama_WJ
I finally got my S10.5 locker in the mail today. This thing is serious beef!

My D60 Detroit Locker should be right behind it. Hopefully I'll have it tomorrow or Monday.
Dang it son that wj is gonna be a beast

[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/wj-slow-but-getting-there-1153271/[/url]

IRO 6.5" lift, IRO Front long arms, rear iro adj upper a arm and adj rear lower, custom 4x4 fab front bumper, rough country winch, 15" crager soft 8's, procomp 35-12.50 tire, fenders trimmed KOR light bar, malone roof rack
240impala is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.