Bama_WJ's Build Thread - Page 49 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > Bama_WJ's Build Thread

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueComponent speaker deal for your dash - NalinMFG

Unread 03-12-2011, 09:24 PM   #721
Jones
Consider the following...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama_WJ View Post
What yall think about 37s on the 6" Clayton kit? Figured if Saturn can get 37s on a 4.5" kit, why not.
You can fit them with enough trimming and bumpstops. What axles would you run with them? That ECG's Dana 60 rear and what in the front?

Unread 03-13-2011, 12:48 AM   #722
Bama_WJ
Web Wheeler

2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJSWJ View Post
I say go for it! l love the build man, your like me and don't have a lot of extra cash to throw at the dub, but still get it done.
Thanks man. To be honest, since the first of February I've been putting a part of my check back into my "Jeep Fund" every week. I've got quite a bit saved up so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMjeep View Post
37s would be sweet and unique.Save yourself future troubles and throw that bolt away i left mine out
37s for sure would be unique! I don't think I've ever seen a full size truck with tires that big around here. And yea, no way in hell I'm using that bolt again. It pissed me off enough trying to get it out. Can't imagine trying to thread it back in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggoofy View Post
Be prepared to trim man. My buddies dub is on 6" claytons and 35s and needs a good bit of trimming for full use of suspension. I am all for it though
Oh yea, I know what needs to be done. Pretty sure I'm going to follow Saturn's build on the trim job. Looks like he was giving his 4.5" kit a work out at GSW with the 37s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonyJohn View Post
Yeah youll have to trim down the length of your sliders, f&r trim, add 6" or even longer bumpstops, and youve got the washer bottle taken care of, and then you might need to trim your bumpers too..

Pretty much its the magic 4 letter word

Trim.
I definitely hear you man. I'm not afraid!

Hardest thing is probably going to be the slider modification.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SplitNail View Post
I trimmed today! Check my build thread. its not that fun.
I'll check it out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZJones View Post
You can fit them with enough trimming and bumpstops. What axles would you run with them? That ECG's Dana 60 rear and what in the front?
Well, I've been talking with ECGS for probably almost 2 months now about the front 60 (I'm assuming, could be a 44 for all I know). Last I talked to them they said they had all their projects on hold since it was tax season. But before that they said they had the bracketing 90% figured out and that was on February 9th. So, I would think it's getting close. I'll probably check back in the next couple weeks to see if they got any updates on it. In the meantime, I'm just saving that $$$.

And for anyone else's sake, here is the write up that I used to get me started.

http://www.jeephorizons.com/tech/wj_water_pump.html

One question though, did all WJ's come with a mechanical fan? Cause mine doesn't have one...

The Daily: 2011 Chevy Cruze Eco - Trifecta tuned and 37+ MPG

Wife's Jeep: 2006 WK Overland - OME HD Lift, 265/70/17 BFG AT's, 1.25" SpiderTrax wheel spacers, 3" Gibson Cat-Back

North Alabama Jeep
42RE Vent Mod - Seal your transmission!
YouTube. - My Video Channel
Facebook - Wheeling Pictures/Videos
The Jeep Wave. Bringing it back.
Bama_WJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-13-2011, 06:52 AM   #723
TJSWJ
2001 WJ 

No not all wj's have a mechanical fan. Mine doesn't either. I believe it came on tow package laredos or tow prep packages and was an option.
Unread 03-13-2011, 08:01 AM   #724
MMjeep
2004 WJ 

nope mine is a 2 speed electric fan.
My WJ build[COLOR="Blue"]:[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/04columbia-build-up-1015985/"]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/04columbia-build-up-1015985/[/URL][/COLOR][URL="[NOPARSE][COLOR="Black"][CENTER][SIZE="4"][FONT="Showcard Gothic"][COLOR="Black"][URL="http://groups.jeepforum.com/Built_Not_Bought"][COLOR="Black"]Built Not Bought #484[/COLOR][/URL][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER][/URL]
MMjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-13-2011, 08:12 AM   #725
patrick983
2000 WJ 

all v8's and all tow pkgs have the mechanical fan, in 01+ the mechanical fan is hydraulic off the PS pump

edited in correct year
Unread 03-13-2011, 11:11 AM   #726
Bama_WJ
Web Wheeler

2001 WJ 

Oh ok, thanks for clarification on that guys. Makes sense.

Wife's Jeep: 2006 WK Overland - OME HD Lift, 265/70/17 BFG AT's, 1.25" SpiderTrax wheel spacers, 3" Gibson Cat-Back

North Alabama Jeep
Unread 03-14-2011, 02:36 PM   #727
drwolcot

2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick983
all v8's and all tow pkgs have the mechanical fan, in 02+ the mechanical fan is hydraulic off the PS pump
2001 had the hydraulic fan as well...... I removed mine

Sent from my Xoom using JeepForum

|
|
2002 WJ Overland | 4.7 H.O. | Clayton 6in LA | LSR Bumper | JKS discos | JKS Track Bar | KOR SS | BFG KM2's 285/75/17 | Carolina Front/Rear Driveshaft | Quadradrive | 125k Miles
|
|
RIP
|4.7 | 242HD | 2WD-->4WD Conversion | Vari-Lock front D30 | D44a Aussie Locker | Hybrid RCX 4in + BB | IronMan FUCA's | D30 Solid Diff Cover | Carolina Front Driveshaft | JCR Stage 3 Sliders | E-Fan Conversion | Hard-KOR SS|
WJ 2WD-->4WD Conversion Build Thread
|
|
2003 WJ Overland - SOLD
drwolcot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-14-2011, 06:33 PM   #728
Bama_WJ
Web Wheeler

2001 WJ 

Got my ZJ bottle in the mail. And of course it started to rain right when I got home from work. Got it cleaned up good and pumps switched over though. It's from a 5.9 ZJ, as well. Does that make me cool now?

I plan on following Arlo's write up to install the washer bottle. His write up is found here.

Also had to send in one of my LF240s. The damn thing keeps getting water in it for some reason. Called them today and told me to send them the messed up light to see what the culprit might be. Hopefully I'll get a new light.

North Alabama Jeep
Unread 03-14-2011, 06:38 PM   #729
drwolcot

2002 WJ 

Where do you plan on putting it? 99-01 have the evap canister

|
|
2002 WJ Overland | 4.7 H.O. | Clayton 6in LA | LSR Bumper | JKS discos | JKS Track Bar | KOR SS | BFG KM2's 285/75/17 | Carolina Front/Rear Driveshaft | Quadradrive | 125k Miles
|
|
RIP
|4.7 | 242HD | 2WD-->4WD Conversion | Vari-Lock front D30 | D44a Aussie Locker | Hybrid RCX 4in + BB | IronMan FUCA's | D30 Solid Diff Cover | Carolina Front Driveshaft | JCR Stage 3 Sliders | E-Fan Conversion | Hard-KOR SS|
WJ 2WD-->4WD Conversion Build Thread
|
|
2003 WJ Overland - SOLD
drwolcot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-14-2011, 06:41 PM   #730
Bama_WJ
Web Wheeler

2001 WJ 

By my K&N air filter. Check out Arlo's write up I linked in my post.

North Alabama Jeep
Unread 03-15-2011, 05:18 PM   #731
Bama_WJ
Web Wheeler

2001 WJ 

Just got done with my ZJ washer bottle swap. Here is my pseudo-write up.

Now I know some of these pictures suck, but stick with me and my 5 year old 4MP camera.

First I trimmed off some of the front mount...

Looked like this afterwards...

Then I oval'd out the mount on the back side...

Found a ground bolt to mount the back of the tank to...

Drilled a hole for a zip tie to go through...

Did the same with the Jeep side. Careful as the bit will want to walk out on you...

Drop the tank in and don't forget your pumps...

Zip tie it up and boom, done...

It was a easy swap. It could use a bit more trimming to fit better, but overall it ain't bad. I'll worry about it when I run out of fluid. Check out Arlo's write up if mine was to broad.

First mod of 2011.

North Alabama Jeep
Unread 03-17-2011, 02:25 PM   #732
Bama_WJ
Web Wheeler

2001 WJ 

Just got off the phone with LightForce about my leaking 240. They are going to warranty it. Great folks at LightForce!

And the Jeep plans might be put on hold once again. Got an offer from a company to do work on bringing a nuclear plant back online. So ill be doing EE design stuff for the power generation and transmission I think. Thing is I'll have to move to a very rural area of Alabama. So, the money I had saved up is probably going towards a place to live and a nice DD. I've always had a thing for TDI Jettas, so I've been looking at those. We'll see how it pans out.

North Alabama Jeep
Unread 03-17-2011, 05:01 PM   #733
MoonyJohn
Mountain Climber

2008 JK Wrangler 

Thats good to hear Daniel! Congrats on the job.

Now about the front wj axle egcs or whoever is making it.. Have they mentioned a price for it or atleast a rough estimate? Id be more concerned about a front axle than the rear axle.

BTW, nice job on the washer bottle, luckily you have much more room to work with. I might have to look into putting mine in the same spot. Did you end up unbolting the mounting plate for the filter neck off of the engine? Mine has a ring that goes around it and mounts to the headers or something on the engine there. Im just curious how you moved the neck over.

EDIT: Nevermind, no way will I be able to put it where you did. Discard the last part.

"Water covers 3/4 of the earth, Jeep covers the rest"
MoonyJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2011, 09:36 PM   #734
Bama_WJ
Web Wheeler

2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonyJohn View Post
Thats good to hear Daniel! Congrats on the job.

Now about the front wj axle egcs or whoever is making it.. Have they mentioned a price for it or atleast a rough estimate? Id be more concerned about a front axle than the rear axle.
Thanks John. I imagine it will take a tad longer to save up for stuff, but I'll get it done though. But from what I understand, the job wont start until late summer probably, so I might buy some stuff before the job transfer. However, I kind of want to buy a nice DD and not some busted looking POS.

As for the axle, I don't know a price on the front. The only thing ECGS has told me is that they bought/built some machines so they could make everything for the axles in house. That way they could cut production time and costs down which would keep the price of the axle down. I'll probably send them another PM sometime next week and see if there are anymore updates. I'm just going to assume the front axle is going to be more expensive though considering all the different directions you can go. Hydro-assist, high steer, brand of u-joint and etc. I don't even know if they are offering 44, 60 or both housings.

North Alabama Jeep
Unread 03-28-2011, 07:44 PM   #735
Bama_WJ
Web Wheeler

2001 WJ 

Just got myself a GoPro camera and had to test it out on the Jeep.

North Alabama Jeep

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.