Bama_WJ's Build Thread - Page 43 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > Bama_WJ's Build Thread

Ring & Pinion's, Lockers, 4340 Axles, Install Kits, Ba~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 01-07-2011, 07:58 PM   #631
Bama_WJ
Web Wheeler

2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by orb View Post
Yeah, graduated in December 08. Nothing compared to yours but I should have my OME lift on monday. Now I just need to decide what tires to get and if I should get new wheels as well.

Now that I have a jeep (got it in Nov) I'm so mad I never had the change to join PORC. I knew a bunch of guys that were in it but had a civic at the time
Good deal. I looked at joining PORC when I first got my Jeep. I got kind of turned off when I went to some of the call-out shows and all I saw were hardcore rigs it seemed like. I talked to some of the members during the call-out and didn't really like the way the club was ran. I ended up joining the Purdue Automotive Performance Association and stayed in PAPA for all 4 years of school. I kind of liked going fast and wheeling.

I didn't really wheel with any PORC folks until my senior year. I went to Badlands with them and it seemed like we were stopped a third of the time just chatting and shooting the breeze then wanted to leave early. It kind of pissed me off to be honest. I paid to wheel all day, so I want to wheel. Also went with one guy from PORC with a built TJ and I would do more stuff in my WJ with 2" of lift and balding all terrains. He had Clayton LAs, probably 5" to 6" of lift, 35s at least, 8.8 and armored up. I attempted and overcame more obstacles than him. Don't know what was up. Some of the PORC people I knew senior year were pretty cool though with stock to lightly modded stuff.

The Daily: 2011 Chevy Cruze Eco - Trifecta tuned and 37+ MPG

Wife's Jeep: 2006 WK Overland - OME HD Lift, 265/70/17 BFG AT's, 1.25" SpiderTrax wheel spacers, 3" Gibson Cat-Back

North Alabama Jeep
42RE Vent Mod - Seal your transmission!
YouTube. - My Video Channel
Facebook - Wheeling Pictures/Videos
The Jeep Wave. Bringing it back.
Bama_WJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-14-2011, 12:39 AM   #632
Bama_WJ
Web Wheeler

2001 WJ 

Finally got some pictures of my trip home from school. Me and my girlfriend went down through a part of Indiana that's known for its covered bridges on the way back home to Alabama. It's around Rockville, IN in Parke County if you're interested. Got some pretty cool pictures I thought.

Me and my girlfriend.

Wife's Jeep: 2006 WK Overland - OME HD Lift, 265/70/17 BFG AT's, 1.25" SpiderTrax wheel spacers, 3" Gibson Cat-Back

North Alabama Jeep
Unread 01-14-2011, 06:53 AM   #633
MoonyJohn
Mountain Climber

2004 WJ 

Great pics man, dont you love how photogenic red is? Lol

"Water covers 3/4 of the earth, Jeep covers the rest"
MoonyJohn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-14-2011, 07:14 AM   #634
mrJ
2002 KJ Liberty 

awwwwwwwwwwwwl. adorable

cool pics, looks like you got to see some cool stuff

It's a Jeep, it's not supposed to work right all the time.

Live in Florida? Check out Florida4x4.org!!!
mrJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-14-2011, 11:34 AM   #635
rfjeeper

2007 JK Wrangler 

Very cool pics.,it's been a long time since i've seen those old bridges.
rfjeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-14-2011, 12:47 PM   #636
Bama_WJ
Web Wheeler

2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonyJohn View Post
Great pics man, dont you love how photogenic red is? Lol
Oh yea, does wonders with my Jeep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrJ View Post
awwwwwwwwwwwwl. adorable

cool pics, looks like you got to see some cool stuff
Thanks man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfjeeper View Post
Very cool pics.,it's been a long time since i've seen those old bridges.
Thanks. It's been a while for me, too. Last time I had been there was for one of the Covered Bridge Festival about 10 or so years ago. It was nice to go see them again.

North Alabama Jeep
Unread 01-14-2011, 09:55 PM   #637
WillMcD
2004 WJ 

Cool pics man. Really diggin that front bumper too.
04 WJ Limited Black, 5.5" LA hybrid (IRO Trackbar, Teraflex Springs, Bilstein 5100/5125 Shocks, IRO Critical Path High Clearance LA's + KOR 3/4" spacers, JKS Disconnects) 32" Firestone Destination M/T's, JCR Stage 3 Sliders, Black Moabs, Muffler Delete, Hella 700ff's, Yakima Load Warrior

[COLOR="DarkGreen"]Phil:4:13: I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.[/COLOR]

[QUOTE=billzcat;10933305]a lot of people waste their life playing FB games all day like Farmville, Cityville, Gangsterville, Hookersnblowville, Idonteffingcareville[/QUOTE]

[CENTER][SIZE="5"][COLOR="Green"]August 2011 GCOTM Winner[/COLOR][/SIZE][/CENTER]

[SIZE="3"][CENTER]Build Thread:[/CENTER]
[CENTER][COLOR="Red"][URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/04-wj-college-build-willmcd-1050247/#post9619953"]04 WJ College Build-WillMcD[/URL][/COLOR][/CENTER][/SIZE]
WillMcD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-14-2011, 11:32 PM   #638
Bama_WJ
Web Wheeler

2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillMcD View Post
Cool pics man. Really diggin that front bumper too.
Thanks man.

North Alabama Jeep
Unread 01-17-2011, 02:37 AM   #639
Bama_WJ
Web Wheeler

2001 WJ 

I just want to put it out there and say that I'm starting to contemplate that bolt-in D60 from ECGS.

Maybe it's just another wild hair I'm getting like the previous axle swap talk. It's big time money though. But on the other hand it solves all the problems of a WJ axle swap (rear at least). I get to keep my speedo/abs and my e-brake. Same brakes and bolt pattern. No need for another transfer case with a speedo output and mess with wiring it in to the computer. Not to mention the fact that it bolts up is very nice.

However, I cringe when I see the almost $3k price tag. But then I can't help but think that I could do it for less. Only thing is that I don't have a welder or any experience (nor friends with any) with axle swaps. And I feel like this isn't the best instance to start learning in the matter. I'd rather learn on some trail only rig that didn't see street duty. At least then if something went wrong it wouldn't be in some busy intersection. I don't know how much a local place would charge for a front/rear axle swap and gear setup. Might look into that...

But then I look at the IRO JK44 swap and rockjoc axles and feel a little bit better about the price. I guess that's my justification on the subject. I'm still thinking it over though...

North Alabama Jeep
Unread 01-17-2011, 03:00 AM   #640
chicagoniner
1998 ZJ 

Aha cox bridge...

And that axle I'm jealous you are even looking at that.

[SIZE="3"][CENTER][B]Looking for Custom Drums? Check out [URL="www.splitnaildrums.com"]SPLIT NAIL DRUMS[/URL][/B][/CENTER][/SIZE]
chicagoniner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-17-2011, 07:00 AM   #641
MoonyJohn
Mountain Climber

2004 WJ 

I was thinking about it too, but that price is a bit too high. If only it would be a front swap, then I would be all ovet it

Unread 01-17-2011, 09:05 AM   #642
RedZJ
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama_WJ View Post
I just want to put it out there and say that I'm starting to contemplate that bolt-in D60 from ECGS.

Maybe it's just another wild hair I'm getting like the previous axle swap talk. It's big time money though. But on the other hand it solves all the problems of a WJ axle swap (rear at least). I get to keep my speedo/abs and my e-brake. Same brakes and bolt pattern. No need for another transfer case with a speedo output and mess with wiring it in to the computer. Not to mention the fact that it bolts up is very nice.

However, I cringe when I see the almost $3k price tag. But then I can't help but think that I could do it for less. Only thing is that I don't have a welder or any experience (nor friends with any) with axle swaps. And I feel like this isn't the best instance to start learning in the matter. I'd rather learn on some trail only rig that didn't see street duty. At least then if something went wrong it wouldn't be in some busy intersection. I don't know how much a local place would charge for a front/rear axle swap and gear setup. Might look into that...

But then I look at the IRO JK44 swap and rockjoc axles and feel a little bit better about the price. I guess that's my justification on the subject. I'm still thinking it over though...
I feel like your set on upgrading your axles. I feel if the money is there.. Do it.

Study the **** out of the swap and how to do it.
And once you do it.. don't look back. Just keep going forward.
RedZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-17-2011, 11:26 AM   #643
MoonyJohn
Mountain Climber

2004 WJ 

Just curious, which locker option would you go with if you were to get it. Also do yoy know the wms compared to the 44a?

Unread 01-17-2011, 12:33 PM   #644
Bama_WJ
Web Wheeler

2001 WJ 

Quote:
I was thinking about it too, but that price is a bit too high. If only it would be a front swap, then I would be all ovet it
I'm right there with you on that. I PM'd ECGS earlier last week asking about any info on a front production axle. I told him that I would hate to be running around with a beefy rear axle and the little 30 up front. He said by the time you mess up your 30, we will have something together. But yea, if it was a front, I'd be considering it a whole lot more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZJ View Post
I feel like your set on upgrading your axles. I feel if the money is there.. Do it.

Study the **** out of the swap and how to do it.
And once you do it.. don't look back. Just keep going forward.
Yea I know. I just have this gut feeling that says I'm going to need bigger axles at one point down the road (maybe it's that jeep bug). But the way I look at it, buying this axle is something that's geared more towards the future than it is for the present. If I want to put 37s on it down the road, no problem.

Quote:
Just curious, which locker option would you go with if you were to get it. Also do yoy know the wms compared to the 44a?
I'm looking at getting the Detroit Locker put in there if I end up buying it. Don't know what gear set yet. I think the wms/wms on the WJ is 68.5", but don't quote me on that.

North Alabama Jeep
Unread 01-17-2011, 12:34 PM   #645
rfjeeper

2007 JK Wrangler 

I've always been partial to selectable lockers like ARB and OX,cause let's face it you really dont need lockers on the street,as a matter of fact they are kinda scarey on the street if you dont know what you are doing ,and on wet roads,well let's just say that your rear end can pass your front end pretty quick (been there done that),but on the down side of ARB's is getting an air line broke or pinched off,you have to be careful where you run the lines and you have to have an air source which ARB can sell you (compressor) just get the opional tire inflation kit and you now have on board air!! one more thing is ARB's are expensive but it's what i would go with if i wanted a locker
rfjeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.