Bama_WJ's Build Thread - Page 34 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > Bama_WJ's Build Thread

Spartan Locker Promo Running now @ ROCKRIDGE 4WD plus FREEG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ ChSave 15% in XT's Pre-Black Friday Event!

Unread 08-25-2010, 12:45 PM   #496
TJSWJ
2001 WJ 

hey man just opened up the box with the tow hooks. I have to say, thanks again for the great deal you gave me on them, even with that one being a little bent it was still a heck of a deal. And that aint nothing a little heat cant straighten

Unread 08-25-2010, 01:44 PM   #497
Bama_WJ
Web Wheeler

2001 WJ 

No problem man. Hope you enjoy them!

The Daily: 2011 Chevy Cruze Eco - Trifecta tuned and 37+ MPG

Wife's Jeep: 2006 WK Overland - OME HD Lift, 265/70/17 BFG AT's, 1.25" SpiderTrax wheel spacers, 3" Gibson Cat-Back

North Alabama Jeep
42RE Vent Mod - Seal your transmission!
YouTube. - My Video Channel
Facebook - Wheeling Pictures/Videos
The Jeep Wave. Bringing it back.
Bama_WJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-25-2010, 10:45 PM   #498
TJSWJ
2001 WJ 

Here is what i was telling you about the moog steering and suspension parts. I figured i would post my findings in an appropriate thread instead of hijacking yours. http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f13/b...01/index3.html
Unread 08-25-2010, 11:26 PM   #499
Bama_WJ
Web Wheeler

2001 WJ 

Well that ain't no good. And I ordered the Moog TREs earlier today.

Maybe the TREs are different. I guess we'll see...

Wife's Jeep: 2006 WK Overland - OME HD Lift, 265/70/17 BFG AT's, 1.25" SpiderTrax wheel spacers, 3" Gibson Cat-Back

North Alabama Jeep
Unread 08-30-2010, 02:07 PM   #500
Bama_WJ
Web Wheeler

2001 WJ 

Has anyone ever tried a product called Water Wetter? Its a coolant additive that's supposed to lower engine temps. Ever since I put the bumper on, I can't run the AC without the engine running a little warm. Maybe it just needs a coolant flush and new stuff put in (been 2 years probably since the last flush).

I found some turbo lebaron hood louvers on ebay for $15 shipped, may pick those up if I need them down the road. Could always sell them if I never use them.

North Alabama Jeep
Unread 08-30-2010, 02:54 PM   #501
squashman702
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama_WJ View Post
Has anyone ever tried a product called Water Wetter? Its a coolant additive that's supposed to lower engine temps. Ever since I put the bumper on, I can't run the AC without the engine running a little warm. Maybe it just needs a coolant flush and new stuff put in (been 2 years probably since the last flush).

I found some turbo lebaron hood louvers on ebay for $15 shipped, may pick those up if I need them down the road. Could always sell them if I never use them.
I used water wetter in my old 5.9 and it worked as advertised. Never got hot with the 180* thermostat. Do you have a 180* thermostat? That's what I would do first. I changed mine out the other week because my ZJ was running hot and the old one came out in pieces.
Unread 08-30-2010, 03:00 PM   #502
Bama_WJ
Web Wheeler

2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by squashman702 View Post
I used water wetter in my old 5.9 and it worked as advertised. Never got hot with the 180* thermostat. Do you have a 180* thermostat? That's what I would do first. I changed mine out the other week because my ZJ was running hot and the old one came out in pieces.
No, I have the original thermostat in it right now. I might get a new thermostat and put new coolant in the system.

North Alabama Jeep
Unread 08-30-2010, 03:43 PM   #503
TJSWJ
2001 WJ 

we have used water wetter as well at our shop. and as stated above worked as advertised. Im not a fan of the mechanic in a bottle thing though. So i would throw in a cooler thermostat first. I run a gates super cool in my 4.0 and usually run at just below 210 even in 90+ degree temps.
Unread 09-10-2010, 05:14 PM   #504
Bama_WJ
Web Wheeler

2001 WJ 

Just got done pulling the tie rod off the jeep...wow, both the TREs on the tie rod are toast. Like I can take the threaded part and just move it around in all directions with little effort. Guess they needed to be changed.

North Alabama Jeep
Unread 09-11-2010, 06:13 PM   #505
MoonyJohn
Mountain Climber

2004 WJ 

Thats good news! I bet it will drive a ton better now
MoonyJohn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-17-2010, 07:30 PM   #506
Bama_WJ
Web Wheeler

2001 WJ 

Well, I think I can say I finally got rid of the death wobble. Steering seems to be a lot tighter now with the new TREs on and an alignment. Finally!!

North Alabama Jeep
Unread 10-04-2010, 12:47 AM   #507
Bama_WJ
Web Wheeler

2001 WJ 

Figured I'd update with a few pictures I thought were cool. My girlfriend came into town this past weekend and she brought her nice camera. So we took a trip a little ways north of Purdue into Benton County to take pictures of all the wind turbines. These things are insane!

And on a side note, I can safely say that I have cured my death wobble! Not even the slightest shimmy! I love driving my Jeep again.

North Alabama Jeep
Unread 10-04-2010, 05:21 AM   #508
RedZJ
1996 ZJ 

Jeep looks great man
RedZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-04-2010, 07:42 AM   #509
patrick983
2000 WJ 

Your jeep looks great, like ur mod choices... cool pics and background too
Unread 10-04-2010, 07:42 AM   #510
lateralus3
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama_WJ View Post
Figured I'd update with a few pictures I thought were cool. My girlfriend came into town this past weekend and she brought her nice camera. So we took a trip a little ways north of Purdue into Benton County to take pictures of all the wind turbines. These things are insane!

And on a side note, I can safely say that I have cured my death wobble! Not even the slightest shimmy! I love driving my Jeep again.
those wind turbines are massive arent they? we have semis driving through town with the turbine blades on them, they are friggin huge!

1994 grand cherokee laredo 4.0 IRO 5.5 critical path long arm kit and OTK steering 35x12.50x15 BFG KM2's

high pinion dana 30 and 8.8 in garage
[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/lateralus3s-slow-build-thread-1042086/"]my build thread[/URL][/CENTER]

[CENTER][SIZE="5"][COLOR="Red"]FOR SALE ONE SET OF ZJ D44A AXLE SHAFTS $150 SHIPPED[/COLOR][/SIZE][/CENTER]
lateralus3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.