Bama_WJ's Build Thread - Page 25 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > Bama_WJ's Build Thread

New Product Release: Flowmaster Force II Dual Tailpipe AxlNew Product Release: Flowmaster Force II Dual Tailpipe AxlUSA Made JK Rear Axles!!! Revolution Gear and Axle

Unread 07-27-2010, 08:34 PM   #361
Bama_WJ
Web Wheeler

2001 WJ 

Figured I post a few pictures from this past weekend. Not to many action shots though...

And a few of beautiful Alabama...

It was a great time. The trails weren't to hard, but they weren't easy at the same time which was cool. Glad I got to meet some JF folks for once and hope to do it again sometime!

Also got confirmation that my winch is on it's way as of this evening.

The Daily: 2011 Chevy Cruze Eco - Trifecta tuned and 37+ MPG

Wife's Jeep: 2006 WK Overland - OME HD Lift, 265/70/17 BFG AT's, 1.25" SpiderTrax wheel spacers, 3" Gibson Cat-Back

North Alabama Jeep
42RE Vent Mod - Seal your transmission!
YouTube. - My Video Channel
Facebook - Wheeling Pictures/Videos
The Jeep Wave. Bringing it back.
Bama_WJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-27-2010, 11:21 PM   #362
MoonyJohn
Mountain Climber

2008 JK Wrangler 

Nice pics man, its always hard to get 'good' action shots.. usually Im the first to go so people get situated on the 2nd person to go so I always get the **** pictures lol. Its not fair :P

What winch are you going with? Are you getting the synthetic winch line cable as well or just sticking with the one that comes with it?

"Water covers 3/4 of the earth, Jeep covers the rest"
MoonyJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2010, 06:27 AM   #363
Bama_WJ
Web Wheeler

2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonyJohn View Post
Nice pics man, its always hard to get 'good' action shots.. usually Im the first to go so people get situated on the 2nd person to go so I always get the **** pictures lol. Its not fair :P

What winch are you going with? Are you getting the synthetic winch line cable as well or just sticking with the one that comes with it?
I know what you mean about the pictures. I think on my trip not many brought cameras to begin with, so that's why there aren't many action shots.

I got the Superwinch EPi9.0 with synthetic line already on it. I guess it would be the EPi9.0S technically. I was originally going to get the XRC8 with synthetic line, but the reviews seemed to be hit or miss. I saw nothing but good reviews on the EPi9.0 and figured I would spend the extra coin for a good winch.

The weight savings is nice, too. The synthetic line EPi9.0 is 69lbs. while the steel cable EPi9.0 is 114lbs.

Wife's Jeep: 2006 WK Overland - OME HD Lift, 265/70/17 BFG AT's, 1.25" SpiderTrax wheel spacers, 3" Gibson Cat-Back

North Alabama Jeep
Unread 07-28-2010, 02:25 PM   #364
drwolcot

2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama_WJ View Post
Figured I post a few pictures from this past weekend. Not to many action shots though...

That looks to be a pretty steep climb

Also love how the guy in navy shirt/khaki pants is just digging trying to find something

|
|
2002 WJ Overland | 4.7 H.O. | Clayton 6in LA | LSR Bumper | JKS discos | JKS Track Bar | KOR SS | BFG KM2's 285/75/17 | Carolina Front/Rear Driveshaft | Quadradrive | 125k Miles
|
|
RIP
|4.7 | 242HD | 2WD-->4WD Conversion | Vari-Lock front D30 | D44a Aussie Locker | Hybrid RCX 4in + BB | IronMan FUCA's | D30 Solid Diff Cover | Carolina Front Driveshaft | JCR Stage 3 Sliders | E-Fan Conversion | Hard-KOR SS|
WJ 2WD-->4WD Conversion Build Thread
|
|
2003 WJ Overland - SOLD
drwolcot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2010, 02:54 PM   #365
Bama_WJ
Web Wheeler

2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by drwolcot View Post
That looks to be a pretty steep climb
It's hard to tell from the picture, but its really steep. That red XJ and maroon TJ made it up without to much trouble. Just need 4lo, a decent amount of RPMs and good momentum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drwolcot View Post
Also love how the guy in navy shirt/khaki pants is just digging trying to find something
Didn't notice that til now.

North Alabama Jeep
Unread 07-28-2010, 10:56 PM   #366
AL04WJ
2004 WJ 

Quote:
It's hard to tell from the picture, but its really steep. That red XJ and maroon TJ made it up without to much trouble. Just need 4lo, a decent amount of RPMs and good momentum.

Didn't notice that til now.
Haha a few rpm's? The guy in the xj said he went up at 4000 rpms the whole way that first time, and I believe him. It sounded like it.

I spotted the diggin right off the bat too lol
Unread 07-29-2010, 07:10 PM   #367
Bama_WJ
Web Wheeler

2001 WJ 

This winch is sick...

Can't wait to put this thing in the bumper next week!

North Alabama Jeep
Unread 07-29-2010, 08:19 PM   #368
JJAMISON_
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AL04WJ View Post
Haha a few rpm's? The guy in the xj said he went up at 4000 rpms the whole way that first time, and I believe him. It sounded like it.

I spotted the diggin right off the bat too lol
that was Coast. he doen't know the word easy.
Unread 07-29-2010, 08:20 PM   #369
JJAMISON_
2008 JK Wrangler 

oh, Dan nice pics! I really like the one of the crew going down the trail. and that SWEET black WJ that is flexing.
Unread 07-29-2010, 08:24 PM   #370
Bama_WJ
Web Wheeler

2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJAMISON_ View Post
oh, Dan nice pics! I really like the one of the crew going down the trail. and that SWEET black WJ that is flexing.
Thanks. I really like that picture, too.

North Alabama Jeep
Unread 07-29-2010, 08:35 PM   #371
JJAMISON_
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Thanks. I really like that picture, too.
yes the black Wj is a great pic.
Unread 08-01-2010, 01:27 AM   #372
Bama_WJ
Web Wheeler

2001 WJ 

Ok, so I've been having intermittent bouts with death wobble here lately. It's been tolerable and I can still drive the Jeep; but, I'm just getting tired of it now. And frankly, it's kind of embarrassing. It always seems to happen on those bumps coming on and getting off bridges.

I'm going to have someone steer the Jeep while I look under it tomorrow to see if anything looks fishy. I have a slight wobble at 45 mph. It used to get worse as I hit the brakes. I then replaced the rotors and rotated the tires and it no longer sends me into death wobble but still has the shimmy at 45 mph. I'm almost expecting my frame side track bar mount to be ovaled out. I'm running the stock track bar and it's tight as hell cause I've already tried tightening it more. Tie rods have never been replaced (to my knowledge), so that may be a contributing factor. I'll probably go ahead and take a look at all the control arm bushings as well since I'll underneath the Jeep anyways. May see if my tires need to be balanced as well.

Anyone running the JKS track bar with only a spacer lift?

BTW, getting the bumpers tomorrow. So, pictures will be coming soon.

North Alabama Jeep
Unread 08-01-2010, 01:34 AM   #373
MoonyJohn
Mountain Climber

2008 JK Wrangler 

Check your track bar on the frame end mount.. mine actually is ovaled out a tiny bit, so I have a spacer on the bolt that I will have my dad weld on the mount eventually. You could do the same, it wouldnt hurt thats for sure. What are your plans for lift? If its something like your control arm bushings being bad then I would hold off on doing any work to those. Tie rod ends could be bad, I have 2 bad ends and the ovaled out TB and my jeep drives so nice.. lol

best of luck man, dw is a tricky son of a *****

"Water covers 3/4 of the earth, Jeep covers the rest"
MoonyJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2010, 01:47 AM   #374
Bama_WJ
Web Wheeler

2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonyJohn View Post
Check your track bar on the frame end mount.. mine actually is ovaled out a tiny bit, so I have a spacer on the bolt that I will have my dad weld on the mount eventually. You could do the same, it wouldnt hurt thats for sure. What are your plans for lift? If its something like your control arm bushings being bad then I would hold off on doing any work to those. Tie rod ends could be bad, I have 2 bad ends and the ovaled out TB and my jeep drives so nice.. lol

best of luck man, dw is a tricky son of a *****
I'm thinking it maybe an ovaled out track bar mount, but I'll just have to wait and see.

Lift plans are 6" Clayton LAs. Those are maybe a year away...possibly sooner. Don't really know, but hopefully the latter.

Edit: Just went and did a simple shake down test on the tie rod and drag link. No movement other than rotational on the TREs, which is normal. However I did hear a slight clunking when I was shaking up near the pitman arm. It sounds as though the steering box has come untightened ever so slightly. Don't know how much of a difference it makes, but its something that needs to be taken care of.

North Alabama Jeep

Last edited by Bama_WJ; 08-01-2010 at 02:11 AM..
Unread 08-01-2010, 08:02 AM   #375
GraKee99
Rapist Wit

1999 WJ 

I ran a JKS track bar with my BB.

When I did my last lift, I replaced my JKS bushing in the track bar with a new KOR bushings (the stiffer ones) and also replaced all my TRE on my draglink and tie rod and even picked up a JKS tie rod. Then, I finally moved my SS up higher so it is on the draglink and track bar. No death wobble to this point.

I would check the steering box being loose and then for an ovaled track bar hole.

WJ, WK, CJ5

Colorado Jeep Club Member #188
GraKee99 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.