Bama_WJ's Build Thread - Page 14 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > Bama_WJ's Build Thread

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe Solution to Radius Arm Bind - Meet Lock-N-LoadFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 04-18-2010, 06:21 PM   #196
Bama_WJ
Web Wheeler

2001 WJ 

Just got back from Badlands not to long ago. Had a fun time and didn't break anything which is good. I'll get some pictures up here soon.

Also, this Aussie Locker is awesome! I love this thing already.

The Daily: 2011 Chevy Cruze Eco - Trifecta tuned and 37+ MPG

Wife's Jeep: 2006 WK Overland - OME HD Lift, 265/70/17 BFG AT's, 1.25" SpiderTrax wheel spacers, 3" Gibson Cat-Back

North Alabama Jeep
42RE Vent Mod - Seal your transmission!
YouTube. - My Video Channel
Facebook - Wheeling Pictures/Videos
The Jeep Wave. Bringing it back.
Bama_WJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-18-2010, 08:17 PM   #197
Bama_WJ
Web Wheeler

2001 WJ 

As I said, I went to Badlands today. I had a real fun time. I went with a 5.0 Mountaineer, XJ and a YJ. Nobody broke anything, which always make for a nice trip out wheeling. This was the first time I had to actually test my locker in the 44a. ITS AWESOME! I still have 2WD cause I have different gear ratios front and rear, but that locker let me go places that I would need 4WD before. The Aussie was simply amazing. It just pulled up hills like it was nothing. Everyone in the group was surprised at what my WJ was going through in 2WD. I loved it.

On to some pictures. I'll start off with some pictures of the people I wheeled with.

Now for some pictures of the dub.

I think I have a mild case of Shinobi Arm.

Wife's Jeep: 2006 WK Overland - OME HD Lift, 265/70/17 BFG AT's, 1.25" SpiderTrax wheel spacers, 3" Gibson Cat-Back

North Alabama Jeep
Unread 04-18-2010, 08:19 PM   #198
MoonyJohn
Mountain Climber

2004 WJ 

Nice pictures Daniel, makes me want to go wheeling really bad.
Unread 04-19-2010, 05:10 PM   #199
Bama_WJ
Web Wheeler

2001 WJ 

Thanks John. This was my first trip out since October of last year. So I real was excited to get back out there and do some wheeling. Can't wait to do it again! Hopefully I can find some folks back home in Alabama to go with somewhere. Badlands is getting kind of old. I need something new!

North Alabama Jeep
Unread 04-19-2010, 09:02 PM   #200
GraKee99
Rapist Wit

1999 WJ 

Sweet pictures, Daniel. So the aussie performed great?

WJ, WK, CJ5

Colorado Jeep Club Member #188
GraKee99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-19-2010, 09:32 PM   #201
Bama_WJ
Web Wheeler

2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraKee99 View Post
Sweet pictures, Daniel. So the aussie performed great?
Thanks.

Oh yea, the Aussie performed flawlessly. I couldn't believe some of the hills I went up in 2WD. There were times when I thought I was going to have a hard time getting up something, but I would just try it and the Jeep would just go right up. I had read lots of posts saying how it was a huge improvement offroad, but I really didn't take it to heart. But now that I have one, I can see why everyone talks big about lockers. They are amazing. My Aussie is now my #2 most favorite mod to the Jeep. The JCR sliders are still my #1 most favorite mod.

North Alabama Jeep
Unread 04-19-2010, 09:58 PM   #202
GraKee99
Rapist Wit

1999 WJ 

Good to hear and thank you for making me broke once again. I swear, GSW is going to death of my wallet.

WJ, WK, CJ5

Colorado Jeep Club Member #188
GraKee99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-19-2010, 10:54 PM   #203
Shinobi
2001 WJ 

great pics man that place looks like fun !

Quote:
Good to hear and thank you for making me broke once again. I swear, GSW is going to death of my wallet.
\

dito ... hahah
Shinobi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-19-2010, 11:01 PM   #204
JFox21
1996 ZJ 

Great wheeling pics! Good to hear that the Aussie made a huge difference. Makes me want one really bad..

Sophomore at Santa Clara University
JFox21 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-19-2010, 11:25 PM   #205
Bama_WJ
Web Wheeler

2001 WJ 

Thanks guys.

Quote:
It will be worth it once you feel the difference for the first time. Trust me.

North Alabama Jeep
Unread 04-19-2010, 11:32 PM   #206
WJ04
2004 WJ 

Awesome pics...yeah lockers are a great thing to have, I had a lockright on my d35 and I loved it. Now I just swaped in a 44hd and put an aussie in it. Also since I was already upgrading abunch of stuff I decided to throw in a selectable OX in front as well.. Of all my mods I would say #1 is lockers.. with lift, tires, long arms. and armor all tied for 2nd
2004 WJ Laredo-selectrac 242-I6- Custom XJ intake w/Amsoil cone filter- PSC HD Pump & Res- PSC ported box- B&M trans cooler- B&M PS cooler- Custom chevy 1 Ton over the knuckle steering- Rough Stuff 1 Ton tierod & draglink ends- Saguaro 4x4 Front 3/4" shackles, Rear hitch & Warn 3/4" shackle-Mopar Front skid,Gastank skid -IRO TC skid- RRO super sliders- 6.5'' IRO critical path lift -IRO extended rear arms-Bilstein 5125 shocks -IRO F&R 6.5'' Bump stops-Carolina drive shaft-16x7 black soft 8's - 34'' Super swampers-Yukon 4.11 gears -Ultimate RCV shafts - LockRight Locked ECGS bolt in rear D60 -35 spline Chomloy shafts -BTF HD diff cover -IRO Adj A-arm-OX Locked super D30 -OX HD diff cover -OX drive away lock-Rock Krawler d30 truss-Stillen rotors & Matrix pads-JKS Adj Track Bar-JKS Quicker discos -Relocated OME SD-40 Steering Stabilizer-BDS stabilizer brackets-Relocated washer bottle-Removed rear sway bar-Cobra CB-TomTom one XL navi-alpine deck

Still to come: Flowmaster 50suv

October 2011 GCOTM Winner

Some of my videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/LockedWJ?feature=mhee

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyjp2 View Post
I burnout on puppies and kittens
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwmaniacx View Post
Lets not and say we didn't.
WJ04 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-19-2010, 11:49 PM   #207
Bama_WJ
Web Wheeler

2001 WJ 

Yea, at this point, the JCR sliders are just awesome since I don't have a ton of ground clearance. They let me just slide right over obstacles instead of getting belly hung. Once I upgrade in lift, maybe that will be #1 just because Claytons are badass. But now that I have realized the power of the locker, there is no doubt that I will be getting one in the front once I get gears. Who knows what I'll get. I have been poking around at the Detroit Locker though.

On the agenda for my Jeep right now is still beefing up the axles for 35s. Diff covers from BTF for the 30 and 44a will be ordered whenever I get the money. Getting some chromos for the 44a will likely happen at some point soon when I figure out the whole tone ring thing. Maybe some ARP wheel studs to go on the new chromos. After axles comes bumpers I think. Mine are starting to get pretty rough after wheeling with them. I might make a trip over to KMA in Atlanta over the summer. Have them put them on the Jeep so they look the way I want them to. Since I'll have bumpers, might as well get a winch. Who knows what will happen...

North Alabama Jeep
Unread 04-28-2010, 08:20 PM   #208
Bama_WJ
Web Wheeler

2001 WJ 

I've had some crazy thoughts running around in my head lately. With me going to 35s, I'm trying to beef up the axles.

I've been researching the waggy 44 fronts and putting a TnT truss on it with the upper control arm mounts. I'd probably end up beefing it up with nice shafts and the like while I run the 30. So any insight about the tone rings for the front. I'd like to keep the ABS/speedo. The tone rings are about my only problem I feel like.

North Alabama Jeep
Unread 04-28-2010, 10:26 PM   #209
Shinobi
2001 WJ 

from what ive researched , the speedo gear is in the rear axle . Also I think u can have some one make u some tone rings for ur abs . Also another thought if you were going to only run 35's why not just beef up the D30 ? So far im surprised my stock D30 has held up as good as it has with 35's and I wheel the piss out of it lol .
Shinobi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-28-2010, 11:44 PM   #210
Bama_WJ
Web Wheeler

2001 WJ 

Well, I'm putting a locker up front at some point. That's about the only reason I'm worried.

Maybe someone can convince me to just beef up the 30.

North Alabama Jeep

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.