Just finished up installing my BTF 44a cover on the Jeep. It looks really nice.
Here is what I started out with:
I used a mixture of Rustoleum and Dupicolor prodcuts:
Hit it with the primer then sanded (repeated 2x):
My "paint booth". It worked pretty good!
Started off painting the fill plug black:
Then moved on to the first coat of the Duplicolor:
After about 4 coats of the Duplicolor:
After the color, I threw some clear on it. A few minutes after spraying down the clear, I placed the cover in the oven at 170º for about 10 minutes. Gave it a nice glossy coat:
Finished product (side note: the fill plug is a 14mm hex and the 10 cover bolts are 6mm hex for anyone interested in buying this cover):
The Duplicolor paint I got said it was suppose to match factory colors. I think they did pretty good:
Comparison to the stock cover. The diff took nearly 3 quarts of fluid with the new cover on.
And finally, pictures of it installed:
I think it looks great back there.