"Bahamut" 93zj limted 5.2l Build - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > "Bahamut" 93zj limted 5.2l Build

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 09-30-2011, 10:15 PM   #76
1stblack97ZJ
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolkaPower View Post
You really don't like to do anything yourself do you? Or listen to anything anyone says?
x2...

why are you asking all these questions if you don't like our answers?

sheesh.

Plenty of lights
1stblack97ZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-30-2011, 11:01 PM   #77
ninjastar
1993 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stblack97ZJ View Post
x2...

why are you asking all these questions if you don't like our answers?

sheesh.
Sorry about that just noticed that I kept asking the same questions. I think that Im just very tired because I been up for the past 2days. Because I went to reread all the post and ya same questions were asked. But as far as that goes if my tires do rub on the lca how would I adust te steering stop to fix it when im running a 4in bs? And does anyone have pictures of thei trimmig before and after, I just want to see how I should approch i to make it look alright. And as far as that goes, anyone got tip on installing the 1.75"bb

I would like to say sorry for my previous statements and would like to retract them. Sorry
ninjastar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-30-2011, 11:23 PM   #78
punisher65

2006 WK 

yeah they were just spacers. and it wouldnt have taken me too long to put on but my dad had the wrong spring compressor so after fiddling with that and getting one spring done i went down and rented the right thing and after that it was pretty easy. but even with all that i got it done in less than a day. and i dont have any pictures of 31's without a trimmed bumper because i trimmed it before i got the tires.

31's before lift with trimmed bumper

31's after the lift

everything fits just fine without any trimming in the back

BT Catch Can, TB ground, Cree LED Reverse Lights, Interior LED upgrade

WK Build Thread

1993 4.0 ZJ
BB and 31" Bighorns SOLD :(
punisher65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-01-2011, 07:37 AM   #79
1stblack97ZJ
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjastar View Post
Sorry about that just noticed that I kept asking the same questions. I think that Im just very tired because I been up for the past 2days. Because I went to reread all the post and ya same questions were asked. But as far as that goes if my tires do rub on the lca how would I adust te steering stop to fix it when im running a 4in bs? And does anyone have pictures of thei trimmig before and after, I just want to see how I should approch i to make it look alright. And as far as that goes, anyone got tip on installing the 1.75"bb

I would like to say sorry for my previous statements and would like to retract them. Sorry
it's all good man we are just trying to point you in the right direction and we got a bit confused about what you wanted
Plenty of lights
1stblack97ZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-01-2011, 07:54 AM   #80
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Yea, don't use the wrong spring compressor. I have a large scar on my hand that needed stitches because I used the wrong one and the spring exploded. I was lucky it was in the wheel well and all it hit was my hand or I wouldn't be typing this. I would be drooling and eating baby food instead. Use strut compressors, not spring compressors. These http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...oL._SL160_.jpg
PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-01-2011, 09:19 AM   #81
punisher65

2006 WK 

Yeah that's what I ended up getting. I had the spring compressor form when I worked on my mustang. Worked great for that

WK Build Thread

1993 4.0 ZJ
Unread 10-01-2011, 09:33 AM   #82
ninjastar
1993 ZJ 

Okay about to go to 4wheel parts to get me some 1 3/4in spacers. So are these spacers interchangeable because i see that day stars specs for spacers and it says fronts only but then they tell me you can use it for front and rear.

Also after Im done with the installment, going to the tire shop to do a test fit and if 31's will allow me to go without rubbing 31's it is and if not 30's will do just fine.
Unread 10-01-2011, 11:28 AM   #83
ninjastar
1993 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolkaPower View Post
Yea, don't use the wrong spring compressor. I have a large scar on my hand that needed stitches because I used the wrong one and the spring exploded. I was lucky it was in the wheel well and all it hit was my hand or I wouldn't be typing this. I would be drooling and eating baby food instead. Use strut compressors, not spring compressors. These http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...oL._SL160_.jpg
Just picked up those strut compressors and also just picked up my spacers from 4wheel parts for 80bucks. About to do some installations right now.
Unread 10-02-2011, 04:03 PM   #84
ninjastar
1993 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by punisher65 View Post
yeah they were just spacers. and it wouldnt have taken me too long to put on but my dad had the wrong spring compressor so after fiddling with that and getting one spring done i went down and rented the right thing and after that it was pretty easy. but even with all that i got it done in less than a day. and i dont have any pictures of 31's without a trimmed bumper because i trimmed it before i got the tires.

31's before lift with trimmed bumper

31's after the lift

everything fits just fine without any trimming in the back

Nice, well I hope everything goes well just like it did yo you to run 31's. But ya installed the spacers in yesterday but they seemed to have play within the bumpstops or what ever there called so I went to double check the daystar parts and they are for front or rear so just didnt question it and installed it. By any chance did that happen to you? Also tires were ordered yesterday and will arrived on monday so I hope the 31's fit.
Unread 10-02-2011, 05:04 PM   #85
punisher65

2006 WK 

well besides the front bump stops being a PITA to install everything went fine. if your talking about the spacers yeah mine were kind of loose in the back if i remember correctly. but once the spring was back on everything was fine

WK Build Thread

1993 4.0 ZJ
Unread 10-02-2011, 09:03 PM   #86
ninjastar
1993 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by punisher65 View Post
well besides the front bump stops being a PITA to install everything went fine. if your talking about the spacers yeah mine were kind of loose in the back if i remember correctly. but once the spring was back on everything was fine
Same problem here and i just man handled it. But as far as the spacers the front ones were loose and had place and we used zip ties to hold it in place while putting on the coils. The rear was another thing, it had so much play and a feeling of it comming off if anything. I checked the specs and it said it will fit front or rear of a zj so I jut put them on and hope for the best. Also for the trimming, what did you exactly trim, did you just turn the wheel and see what rubbed?

So tommorow is the big day to see how good the KM2's will fit. Also does anyone know how to measure the height of the car to see how much of a lift I obtain and does anyone know the stock height?

Also for the tires, do you guys think the flush mount valve stem is better than the rubber valve stem??
Unread 10-03-2011, 07:12 PM   #87
ninjastar
1993 ZJ 

Okay heres my baby with its new shoes. Seemed like everything workedout fine and I went with the 31's. No rubbing anywhere but the front bumper. So I trimmed it to the point where it stopped rubbing. But quick question, I measured all my wheels from the center cap to the fender and everything seems good but my right side rear sits at 21 while the rest sit at 20. Did do something wrong durning my installation for my 1.75in spacers??

Unread 10-03-2011, 07:32 PM   #88
sabzz
1998 ZJ 

Dang those look good! Nice job man! As for the off set, I wouldn't worry about it unless it causes big problems.
Unread 10-03-2011, 08:20 PM   #89
ninjastar
1993 ZJ 

But ya, for the rear height problem, how would I go about to fix that?? And also for the spacers is it spring,spacer, then spring isolator for the front and rear because the height from the center of the wheel to the fender is 20in all around but the left rear side which measures 21in.
Unread 10-03-2011, 11:21 PM   #90
ninjastar
1993 ZJ 

Do spacers settle because now the measurements are a little bit different.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.