"Bahamut" 93zj limted 5.2l Build - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > "Bahamut" 93zj limted 5.2l Build

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueThanksgiving/Black Friday/Cyber Monday Deals at JeepinOutfBlack Friday Sale!!

Unread 09-29-2011, 02:46 PM   #61
Freestyle713
1994 ZJ 

yes. but if you are so worried with the cost of a lift, how are you getting mtr's with kevlar? those are ****in expensive

Freestyle713 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-29-2011, 02:59 PM   #62
ninjastar
1993 ZJ 

Well thats the thing it was one or the other and I went with tires because my threads on my tires are almost done.
ninjastar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-29-2011, 03:17 PM   #63
Freestyle713
1994 ZJ 

well then you might need to trim a little more off the front bumper than you were if you had a lift. you're still not gonna need to trim the fenders, just the bumper still
Unread 09-29-2011, 03:43 PM   #64
ninjastar
1993 ZJ 

Can I trim it later after I install the 1.75bb??
Unread 09-29-2011, 04:04 PM   #65
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Why don't you just wait to put the tires on after the lift. That is the sensible thing to do.
PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-29-2011, 04:06 PM   #66
Freestyle713
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjastar View Post
Can I trim it later after I install the 1.75bb??
no. without a lift, you would be trimming more than you would for a bb. here are the options i would consider:
1. get the lift first, install it, then save up the money to buy tires
2. get the tires first, then wait until you have enough money to buy a bb and install them together

and then theres buy the tires, install them, and then get the bb, which would require more trimming than required. you would not be able to flex very much considering your tires would be very close to the fenders.
Unread 09-29-2011, 04:44 PM   #67
hotrodjeeper
1998 ZJ 

I'd go with option 1 if I was you. Your Gunna have to cut the bumper up a little...
Unread 09-29-2011, 08:05 PM   #68
ninjastar
1993 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freestyle713 View Post
no. without a lift, you would be trimming more than you would for a bb. here are the options i would consider:
1. get the lift first, install it, then save up the money to buy tires
2. get the tires first, then wait until you have enough money to buy a bb and install them together

and then theres buy the tires, install them, and then get the bb, which would require more trimming than required. you would not be able to flex very much considering your tires would be very close to the fenders.
When you mean lift, you mean the 1.75" bb right? Well if its going to rub at full turn or flexing, I think Im going because im noting going to do any off roading and if its at full turn, Ill just be more carefull and just reverse if I have to with out going full turn.

And I cant get the GY MTR's with kevlar their on naitonal backorder so I have to go with KM2's
Unread 09-29-2011, 08:16 PM   #69
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Why don't you save some money and get the treadwrights. They were 506 bucks for 4 of them shipped to my door. They are the MTR pattern on MTR carcasses with kevlar. https://treadwright.com/p-36-245-75r...dog-m-t-e.aspx
Unread 09-29-2011, 11:41 PM   #70
ninjastar
1993 ZJ 

Well I like to stick with name brand because like alot of people say, you get what you pay for. Also if BFG KM2s doesnt run true tire sizes wouldnt it be okay because its not really 31's? Also its just going to be a week till I get my 1.75"bb so it isnt that along.

Also just installed a new ignition switch hoping it will fix the not starting problem. If anyone has any ideas on that topic, its in this thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f13/j...start-1266943/
Unread 09-30-2011, 09:02 AM   #71
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjastar View Post
Well I like to stick with name brand because like alot of people say, you get what you pay for. Also if BFG KM2s doesnt run true tire sizes wouldnt it be okay because its not really 31's? Also its just going to be a week till I get my 1.75"bb so it isnt that along.

Also just installed a new ignition switch hoping it will fix the not starting problem. If anyone has any ideas on that topic, its in this thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f13/j...start-1266943/
They ARE name brand tires. They use Goodyear, BFG, ect. They just have new tread. Just do some re search and find out what people are saying about them. There is a a huge thread about treadwrights on this forum. People love them.
Unread 09-30-2011, 10:12 PM   #72
ninjastar
1993 ZJ 

Thats true but I would Im going to go with BFG KM2s because Im getting a dicount about $150.

So im goin to go wih the first option, im going to purchase the the 1.75" bb tommorow and have it installed in the morning. Does anyone have any tips on how to approch this to make my life easier and can someone tell me how hard is it to install?

And back to the tire's whats best 31's on 15x7 4"bs or 30's on 15x7 4"bs on my jeep with a 1.75"? Like can someone break it down for me because as of right now I have too much information to process and just dont know what to do. Like is a 1.75"bb lift and a 4in bs just enough to run 31's with minor trimming to the front bumper and the plastic inside and without havin it rub on the lca on full turn or while flexing? Or would I can run them just have to do alot of trimming and adjust the steering stops a little to not rub the lca. So can someone break it down for me?

And thanks you guys, you guys have be much of help than these people at the tires stores who dont know nothing. Why I say that is because I was talking to one of the guys at the store and a manager wanted to hire me because I knew what I was talking about. And just wanted to say thanks again.
Unread 09-30-2011, 10:50 PM   #73
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

You really don't like to do anything yourself do you? Or listen to anything anyone says?
Unread 09-30-2011, 10:52 PM   #74
punisher65

2006 WK 

thats exactly what i am at right now...1.75bb, 4" bs, and 31's. i trimmed my bumper a little bit (cut off the bottom half) and i have flexed the crap out of it and have yet to make anything rub. i guess i should add my bb came with extended bumpstops too so that probably helped
BT Catch Can, TB ground, Cree LED Reverse Lights, Interior LED upgrade

WK Build Thread

1993 4.0 ZJ
BB and 31" Bighorns SOLD :(
punisher65 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-30-2011, 11:14 PM   #75
ninjastar
1993 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolkaPower View Post
You really don't like to do anything yourself do you? Or listen to anything anyone says?
Its not that its more or less what the realy truth is on what is best ratio because if im going to do something, might as well do it right time. Also im listening beause im going to install the lift first before getting the tires, just not installing a full lift because I need tires more than anything because im less than 10-20% thread left on my tires. And to add that I will be installing the bb my self and as well as doing the trimmings on the front bumper.

All I just wanted to know if is whats the golden setup for me with these parameters? Like is the wheel and tire with good enough with the hight and bs? Because I did alot of research and every jeep has its flaws beause I read that some jeeps were able to un 31's on stock height with minor timming but with rubbing issues on the LCA and having to adjust the steering stop to correct it to people too people that have a 2" lift with it rubbing all over the place because of bad bs. So I comprehend a little bit of it but just dont know what to belive is tue.

http://www.dirtroadmagazine.com/tires.htm
http://www.jpmagazine.com/techarticl...rts/index.html
http://www.jpmagazine.com/techarticl.../photo_05.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by punisher65 View Post
thats exactly what i am at right now...1.75bb, 4" bs, and 31's. i trimmed my bumper a little bit (cut off the bottom half) and i have flexed the crap out of it and have yet to make anything rub. i guess i should add my bb came with extended bumpstops too so that probably helped
Have any pictures of were you had to trimm and pictures of before and after you trimmed. Also those 1.75bb was just the spacers right? Were they hard to install? How long did it take you? Have any tips to make the install a little bit easier and or faster?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.