"Bahamut" 93zj limted 5.2l Build - Page 13 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > "Bahamut" 93zj limted 5.2l Build

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsSave at JeepHut on Smittybilt Soft tops

Unread 01-05-2012, 02:04 PM   #181
ninjastar
1993 ZJ 

Okay just ordered my shocks from kolak and hew recommend 5100s for the front and 5125 for the rear. So Im waiting for my iro 3.5in benchmark kit with jks disconnects and new rear coils. Now the question is would I need extended brake lines because of the lift and my using the jks disconnects?

ninjastar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-05-2012, 03:43 PM   #182
nickwygant
1998 ZJ 

i would say yes on the brake lines get some from iro when i bought them they were 99$
when you flex and turn with out a sway bar you will need them!!!!
this pic is with 3.5 iro coils LOVE THEM

keep up the good work !!!! lets see some more pictures
nickwygant is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-05-2012, 04:21 PM   #183
ninjastar
1993 ZJ 

So lets say I didnt disconnect my sway bars, would I be safe then?
Unread 01-05-2012, 04:24 PM   #184
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

I had 4.5" for a while without new brake lines. I never tore one. Came close though.
PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-05-2012, 04:42 PM   #185
ninjastar
1993 ZJ 

Is that with you flexing or off roading?
Unread 01-05-2012, 07:24 PM   #186
nickwygant
1998 ZJ 

you might be fine with not taking your sway bars off but you got disconnects for a reason!!! right?? . since your doing all this might as well buy some brake lines at least the fronts!
nickwygant is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2012, 09:17 PM   #187
ninjastar
1993 ZJ 

Thats true. But is it easy to change the brake lines and I dont need them after my lift If I dont go off roading for a while right?

Also does anyone know a tut that has pictures installing a IRO 3.5in lift?
Unread 01-08-2012, 12:54 AM   #188
ninjastar
1993 ZJ 

Was very disappointed today. I received 2 of the 3 shippments from kolak and iro yesterday and the last shippment today. I was hopeing to come home from work to fully install my lift, but when I opened the box it was just the front coils and no rear coils. So I emailed iro and still waiting on their response. After that I just said f it and install everything till they ship me my rear coils.

So its now 7pm and its dark outside so I get my 2 flood lights and tools and got to working on it. Everything was easy to take out but the track bar bracket, took me 1hr to take it out. And while I was installing it, I let the axles drop as low as the can and even pushed it down with my feet and it looks like my brake lines still have enough play in them. Now the only question is do I need extened bump stops and or how did everyone install their bilstein shocks because I cant seem to tighten it down unless I use an allen wrench and a regular wrench to tighten it down(Fronts that is).
Unread 01-08-2012, 01:39 AM   #189
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjastar View Post
Was very disappointed today. I received 2 of the 3 shippments from kolak and iro yesterday and the last shippment today. I was hopeing to come home from work to fully install my lift, but when I opened the box it was just the front coils and no rear coils. So I emailed iro and still waiting on their response. After that I just said f it and install everything till they ship me my rear coils.

So its now 7pm and its dark outside so I get my 2 flood lights and tools and got to working on it. Everything was easy to take out but the track bar bracket, took me 1hr to take it out. And while I was installing it, I let the axles drop as low as the can and even pushed it down with my feet and it looks like my brake lines still have enough play in them. Now the only question is do I need extened bump stops and or how did everyone install their bilstein shocks because I cant seem to tighten it down unless I use an allen wrench and a regular wrench to tighten it down(Fronts that is).
This is the 3rd freaking time you have posting this garbage. You are officially a write off in my book. A lost cause. And the worst of all a whiner.
PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2012, 02:03 AM   #190
ninjastar
1993 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolkaPower View Post
This is the 3rd freaking time you have posting this garbage. You are officially a write off in my book. A lost cause. And the worst of all a whiner.
You know what. I DONT CARE.............three times
Unread 01-09-2012, 11:53 PM   #191
ninjastar
1993 ZJ 

Jeep fully lifted, waiting on the rear adjustable track bar from iro. and then get my alignment and go for a test drive.
Unread 01-10-2012, 09:31 PM   #192
ninjastar
1993 ZJ 

I was lookig at iros upper and lower control arms and I did some research from bent vs stright control arms. I know one is ment for strength and the other for clearence but which one is more perferable?
Unread 01-10-2012, 10:11 PM   #193
Freestyle713
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjastar View Post
I was lookig at iros upper and lower control arms and I did some research from bent vs stright control arms. I know one is ment for strength and the other for clearence but which one is more perferable?
You will have a hard time tweaking one of their bent control arms. Even though they are already bent, they are strong
Freestyle713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2012, 09:42 AM   #194
ninjastar
1993 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freestyle713 View Post
You will have a hard time tweaking one of their bent control arms. Even though they are already bent, they are strong
So whats the best way to go and what do you mean tweaking it?
Unread 01-11-2012, 01:43 PM   #195
Erbo1Kanerbo
2008 JK Wrangler 

get the ones with the bend you will be fine. By tweaking he means messing them up or bending them from their original state.

ZJ's: If you dont know what it is you cant afford it.
Erbo1Kanerbo is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.