"Bahamut" 93zj limted 5.2l Build - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > "Bahamut" 93zj limted 5.2l Build

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectJKS Now Available at www.baseline4x4.com, Trackbars, SkidsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 09-20-2011, 11:57 PM   #1
ninjastar
1993 ZJ 

"Bahamut" 93zj limted 5.2l Build

Bahamut Build

Hi All I want to start this thread as my build. As everyone knows that I have asked alot of question in the forum and would now like to help my listing all my threads in this thread so that future new commers can just look me up or look at my build for the solution to their problem. I would like to say thats as of now and in the future for all of your guys help.

Name:James
Jeep:93 grand cherokee 5.2l limted

What I have done so far to my jeep is installed the follow

Performance install

-K/N FIPK geeration 2 CAI
-Also the dry charger

Also added RTV silicone just to be safe and it said it in the instuctions

-Doug Thorely Jardine magnaflow cat back exhaust with 2.25 pipping

-gold plated terminals
Before

After

Also had to deal with some rust

Sound system

-2 gauge wiring
-4x 6.5" pioneer speakers(dont know which ones)
-150watt max
-2x 12" sony explods
-1200watt max
-450watt rms
-Ininity 400watt amp
-1.1 fraud capacitor, forgot the brand

This is how I wired it for people who need to know
Power through the right side and aux cables to the left

Fixed the following-

-key fob reprogramed
-window lock (fixed by soldering the wires back together in the drivers door boot
Before

After

I Also cleaned the door lock and switches just to be safe

-Doors loose (fixed by replacing the broke door trimmings with new ones)
-A/C system (Checked at Pep boys, no leak, so just rechared it and add uv for future leaks)
-CV boot replaced
-headlights restored
-coolant sensore(resolder joints on vic)

Future upgrades

In the next 2 months
-2" budget bost spacers
-15x8rims (what evers the cheapest)
-BFG mud terrain KM2
-Fog lights
-cb radio
-antena
-stero

Some times this year
-headers
-4.5in lift
-lockers f/r
-Long arm kit
-light bar
-Bush guard for f/r
-wenches f/r
-new paint job xP

Also ran sea foam and also deep creep in the tb. It did a good job because white smoke came out for 5min while idealing and then I just drove it around like crazyxP.

ninjastar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2011, 07:01 AM   #2
ninjastar
1993 ZJ 

Unread 09-21-2011, 08:21 AM   #3
sabzz
1998 ZJ 

Looks good! What are your plans for it? Any lift or just stay stock?
Unread 09-21-2011, 01:51 PM   #4
ninjastar
1993 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabzz View Post
Looks good! What are your plans for it? Any lift or just stay stock?
Well atm I can just afford to get the 2inbb but in the long run I want to get one of those 4.5in lift kit that comes with everything.
Unread 09-21-2011, 02:34 PM   #5
sabzz
1998 ZJ 

Ah sounds good. Keep us up to date!
Unread 09-23-2011, 09:41 PM   #6
ninjastar
1993 ZJ 

I was wondering what is a good ratio for rims and tires with no lift and a good ratio for rims and tires with a 1.75in lift?? Also anyone have any tips or tut on installing bb with pictures??
Unread 09-24-2011, 11:13 PM   #7
ninjastar
1993 ZJ 

Well I tried to tell everyone in socal about the compton sale at 4 wheel parts and I got me some sweat deals, so sweat that I can tell you the price xP.May I add that its hard to fit 14wheels and 3 people in the car.

Heres the car packed

Heres the what the wheels I got

And heres whats going on my jeep. Its 15x7 with 3.75bs. Their not perfect but their not too bad for the price I paid for.

Also got me some driving lights for cheap and heres how I set them up. I basically took off the stock fog lights, cut off those holes and drilled a new hole. Also took the plug off the old fog lights and soldered it to the new lights. Since I already have a relay and a button that switches it on, I thought "Might as well connect it to it".

Before with oem fog lights

And now with them installed

Regular driving lights

And my get out my way before I blind you lights xP

Heres my sub sound system with the capacitor.

Questions
1-What tires should I put on 15x7 with a 3.75back spacing with no lift and same rims with a 1.75lift?? And please no trimming =(
2-Since my dual 100wattdriving lights are on the fog lamp really, how much more can I push it? Like as in how many more lights can I add to it or would it have to be on a different relay and switch? Why because I want to put 1 more light on the grill,2 on the hood and about 12 lights ontop when I get a rack for the top.
Unread 09-25-2011, 02:34 AM   #8
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

I think these questions would be better asked on a speed freaks forum but for the tires you could fit 30's stock but why would you want to with what you are doing? It's not the height but the width of the tire that will cause the most rubbing. Your zj came with a 90 amp alt. I don't think adding all those lights will help you at all. I am just a bit confused as to what your goal is.
PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2011, 01:28 PM   #9
ninjastar
1993 ZJ 

Whops let me rephrase that.

Well the thing is that I wanted to know what tires would fit with and without a lift without any trimming. And with the lights, I would like to know how many lights I can add before the relay fuse burns out.
Unread 09-25-2011, 02:36 PM   #10
Freestyle713
1994 ZJ 

wheels and tires: you can fit up to a 30x9.5 tire without trimming at stock height, i have 29's. its different with different wheels though. i had to trim the tiny little nublet off the front bumper when i got 15x8/4bs wheels. something you can do in 2 seconds. nothing extreme. with a 1.75" lift you would be fine with the same tires, as i have a 2" and 29's and it looks fine. you could fit 31's with minor trimming.

lights: i have 6 100w lights and 4 55w lights. i didnt run them through the factory fog relay. i just wired them separately. what i would do in your situation is just wire the ones you want to use as driving lights through the factory relay and whatever lights you wont use as driving lights, wire them up separately. idk what the factory relay's limit is in terms of watts, but i wouldnt put more than what you have on there now. my alternator hasnt burnt out yet, but i dont really use the lights all the time. if you want to upgrade your alternator, you could get one made for a 5.9 off of rockauto. regular ones are the 90 amp, i think 5.9's are like 130 something.
Freestyle713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2011, 02:42 PM   #11
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

5.9 alt from the factory is 150. They sell 136 at the auto stores.
PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2011, 03:01 PM   #12
Joeyicu
1998 ZJ 

you went threw the same hole for the power as I did! My wire is a little bit farther away from the hinge though, and my amp is sitting underneath the passenger side rear seat.
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.7 Limited - Wifey's stock haul rig - 1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.2 Limited - 3.5 "IRO, 31s, a full sound system, 2 row rad, E Fan, 5.9 Limited Grill, no muffler - 1990 Nissan 300zx NA 5spd - Stillen Catback, a full sound system, 18" Rota p45r's - 2003 Aprilia SL1000 Falco - Slip-On's, Arrow Chip, Airbox Mod - 1984 Ford F250 6.9 Diesel - 093 ATS Turbo Kit
Joeyicu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2011, 03:06 PM   #13
Freestyle713
1994 ZJ 

and what wheels are you gonna use?
Unread 09-25-2011, 03:51 PM   #14
ninjastar
1993 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freestyle713 View Post
wheels and tires: you can fit up to a 30x9.5 tire without trimming at stock height, i have 29's. its different with different wheels though. i had to trim the tiny little nublet off the front bumper when i got 15x8/4bs wheels. something you can do in 2 seconds. nothing extreme. with a 1.75" lift you would be fine with the same tires, as i have a 2" and 29's and it looks fine. you could fit 31's with minor trimming.

lights: i have 6 100w lights and 4 55w lights. i didnt run them through the factory fog relay. i just wired them separately. what i would do in your situation is just wire the ones you want to use as driving lights through the factory relay and whatever lights you wont use as driving lights, wire them up separately. idk what the factory relay's limit is in terms of watts, but i wouldnt put more than what you have on there now. my alternator hasnt burnt out yet, but i dont really use the lights all the time. if you want to upgrade your alternator, you could get one made for a 5.9 off of rockauto. regular ones are the 90 amp, i think 5.9's are like 130 something.
What do you mean when you say minor trimming?? And would you say that I can run 31s with a 1.75in lift with no trimming?

Have any pictures of how you did it? And what do you mean alternator burning out? And what are the pros to upgrading the alternator?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeyicu View Post
you went threw the same hole for the power as I did! My wire is a little bit farther away from the hinge though, and my amp is sitting underneath the passenger side rear seat.
I was going to do that but I wanted quick access to my amp and didnt want it to over heat. Got any pictures of your set up??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freestyle713 View Post
and what wheels are you gonna use?
I will be using pro comp alloy 15x7 with a 4bs Heres a picture. I got a sweat deal on them and their not perfect but their not really bad.

Unread 09-25-2011, 04:25 PM   #15
Freestyle713
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjastar View Post
What do you mean when you say minor trimming?? And would you say that I can run 31s with a 1.75in lift with no trimming?

Have any pictures of how you did it? And what do you mean alternator burning out? And what are the pros to upgrading the alternator?
on the very bottom of the bumper on the inside of the fender, the bumper just has a little corner on it. its the only pointy part of the bumper that is in that area. just cut it with a knife. i cant get you a picture right now. and if you are that worried about trimming, just stick with the 30's with a 1.75in lift. if you want, just back up slowly and turn the wheel all the way in both directions, and when you hear rubbing, stop and get out and look where its rubbing. it only rubbed for me when i was backing up and turning the wheel

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.