Bad Rocky Road Offroad (RRO) Experience :( - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > Bad Rocky Road Offroad (RRO) Experience :(

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 08-23-2007, 11:06 AM   #76
5.9 ANDY
zj tractor

1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenbuck
Wow, hes my hero.
Hows does someone like him stay in business?

good question.....i wana know 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shift_grind View Post
It's threads like this that make me wonder why people lift there jeeps
its comments like this that make me wonder why some people are jerks.

build thread:http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/...ndard-1056365/
5.9 ANDY is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2007, 08:36 PM   #77
ny2vtzj

1989 YJ Wrangler 

I'm all for putting them out of business.
ny2vtzj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2007, 08:37 PM   #78
ny2vtzj

1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by towermonkey
In all fairness, Glen was very professional in dealing with me and apologized for the problems. He also said he was making some personell changes to try and correct the problems. I think I'll like the lift that I just put on the TJ (when the right rear trackbar arrives), but I will try KOR for the WJ when the time comes.
How the heck did you even get in touch with him? Everytime I called they said he was traveling the country
ny2vtzj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2007, 08:55 PM   #79
FPKites
ZJjazzyJim

1996 ZJ 

Traveling the country actually translates to "in the crapper"
Best customer service in the states:

Best mod you'll ever do on ANY vehicle!!!!

FPKites is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-28-2007, 01:57 PM   #80
kenbuck
2002 TJ Wrangler 

I actually spoke to Kevin Fell last night.
By far the nicest, most accomodating business man i've ever dealt with over the phone. I sent him an email inquiring about a Clayton Long Arm and he not only replied to the email but he called me too.
Glenn could take a lesson or two from him.
My bet is Kevins Offroad stayZ in business a lot longer than RRO.
33" KM's
misc other stuff.....
kenbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2007, 02:09 PM   #81
Cherokeegrrl
1992 XJ Cherokee 

RRO has a lousy rep all through the Jeep community and Glenn Wakefield doesn't care. He rides on the tails of some award he got way back when, and the Suziki customers he (apparently) keeps happy. I have a long list of emails I exchanged with this guy when I bought my OME kit from him trying to save some bucks. What a nightmare! Never again another thin dime will they get from me. I'll pay premium prices for service. They advertised free shipping, then added some obscure charge onto my credit card which "was not shipping ... but handling charges". I'll pay handling if you advertise handling, but don't advertise free shipping then tack on handling out of the blue. I had to holler & threaten to get my money back. Add to that the fact that my order took forever and arrived in "installments", when my payment was lumpsum. Through the whole thing Glenn's emails were unprofessional, cavalier and condescending.
On that "other" large Jeep Forum there are many threads (one of them mine) about RRO's lack of customer service. Don't let the price sucker you in. Service is worth the extra dollars.
Red Jeep Club Member #425
"Mud is evil."
Cherokeegrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2007, 07:37 PM   #82
Texas ZJ1
Jeep Jedi Master

1994 ZJ 

I really don't believe that you've gotten out all the vital insights towards this opinion. maybe you could let us know how you REALLY feel?

Hunter

94 5.9 Laredo 6.5 RE lift with 35 Maxxis Bighorns
and 33 Bridgestone Duelers
Detroit and true trac
Red Jeep Club Member
REDNECK JCM
Texas Jeep Owner #6
USN Jeep Club #4
http://www.kevinsoffroad.com/

For your performance needs:

kolak@kolakperformance.com
Texas ZJ1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-07-2007, 09:04 AM   #83
Cherokeegrrl
1992 XJ Cherokee 

10 characters
Red Jeep Club Member #425
"Mud is evil."
Cherokeegrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-07-2007, 12:31 PM   #84
Ds4x4
1996 ZJ 

does the BBB have anything on them?
OME Stab.; Rustys 2" BB + shocks, xtreme hi-lift, Kennesaw Rear MultiCarrier
Proud To Be A FF/EMT/Police/Military Club Member #15
Ds4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2007, 10:42 AM   #85
CNY
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Here's my RRO story.

When I first got my Jeep, I was looking for a BB. I liked that RRO's was a true 2".

I ordered the BB on eBay from them. I didn't know anything about them at the time, or about their website. I paid for the BB immediately after the auction ended.

Turns out I paid MORE than they charge on their website (fine, that's my fault), but I got an e-mail saying they want me to pay shipping (that was never mentioned in the auction).

After caving in to their request (I should have told them to shove it), they shipped the BB kit. It came weeks later, and the "BPE"'s had to be modified to make them fit.

Rocky Road sucks, and I will never buy from them again.
CNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-12-2007, 07:22 AM   #86
jeepervin86
2005 TJ Wrangler 

just a yj guys opinon they try to sell a bolt on spring over lift that is high way safe wich i find very hard to belive that kinda advertizing just seems bad to me just mho
jeepervin86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-12-2007, 10:32 AM   #87
chipmunkchyc04
1995 ZJ 

yep, the bpe's have to be grinded down to fit in the spot... also, the tcase drop kit for the zj, the holes on the lil spacer pieces dont line up with the hole of the stock tcase support!!! time to break out the welder!!!!
Unread 10-03-2007, 05:36 PM   #88
lakailimited06
1999 WJ 

i plan on buying alot of stuff from KOR everyone seems to say good thing abuot him.
Unread 10-05-2007, 01:06 PM   #89
eljeffe

Kevin is the man!... He cares for his customers, produces a high quality product and ships superfast. I will continue to support him and give him my business.
eljeffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2007, 07:28 PM   #90
blink32

The Rocky Road Offroad you guys are talking about, is that the same as Rock Road Outfittters : http://www.rocky-road.com ??

If so thats funny. I don't have a Jeep, wandered in here trying to find info to fix a friends leaky front axle wheel seal, but I've had an odd experience with them also. A few months ago I was looking for a reseller who carried ARB stuff as I was looking for an OME lift for my Pathfinder. Found Rocky Road, carried on conversations over the phone then into e-mail and was immediately ready to drop around $700 if a vendor could verify the price and that they could get it. Then just never got a return call or e-mail after my vm's or follow up e-mails. Ended up going with a Vendor in NC who actually responded to my calls.

Another member of a Pathfinder board saw their ad that if they don't have sliders available for your vehicle that you get a set free if you bring the vehicle in. Brought it in and got the sliders. Few days later he noticed they took pics of it and posted without his permission. I mean he did get the sliders for free but there was no disclosure or waiver signed and no notification of the posting. Damn strange company and if its the same place you guys are posting about I will definitely promote staying away from those *******es.
blink32 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.